Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-01-2006, 05:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel man
No. 6 is B@#$S@#$ you dont have to like him but he goes and plays hurt and came back from knee surgury last year and you are going to say that. plus what he ment about throwing to much was that he didnt throw that much in college and no other rookie QB has ever made it that far. give credit where credit is do. all he does is WIN
I never said he didn't win. But you can't ignore the fact that he exaggerates injuries. Like I said, its overlooked now because he's winning and winning cures everything, but you can't win forever. And if he continues to do that, he can potentially lose favor with his teammates. What about how he said he hurt his toe and Cowher got angry and said that was not the case? Explain that one. Or how he needed surgery on his thumb, turns out he barely injured it?

And in terms of he didn't throw that much in college, no rookie went that far etc...Its not like he threw that much during his games his rookie year. His games, including playoffs, he probably threw for less total throws than most rookie qbs who started 16 games. He increased his workload last year, but his rookie year he was avg like 15 throws a game. How on earth is that wearing yourself out? Other rookie qbs would throw for 25 a game. Even if they didn't play 2 extra playoff games, that still adds up for more throws.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: BBD's 10 NFL Truths (long write up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Quote:
2. People will realize that they are waay overrating Al Saunders. All you hear is Al Saunders this, Al Saunders that. "The redskins offense will be great because of Al Saunders.." Give me a break. Do you think that KC oline had anything to do with his success in KC? That oline made the world go round. Not Al Saunders. He didn't look like a genius when Roaf was injured last year. Al Saunders will not revitalize the skins offense. It will be good, but no one should expect KC like results. Thats just foolish.

THIS JUST IN, IT'S BREAKING NEWS:

The Redskins have a good OL.
Yes they do, but I wouldn't rate it on the same level as KC's last year. KC's line was ridiculous. Like I said, theyll have a good offense, but don't think that Al Saunder's genius brain will make them like the best in the league...I think his playcalling is a little overrated. Calling an off-tackle run to the left will make anyone look like a genius when you have Roaf showing the way to Larry Johnson.
Is our line atleast good enough as the old rams?
Its a top 5 line imo. I personally favor the big strong olines like KC, I personally think the best oline ever was the Hogs, not the Dallas oline of the 90s (although its very close). I have Seattle, KC, Pittsburgh and Indy as better units off the top of my head. I guess Washington is 5 on the list.

I just think that the Skins would be better off running the ball more. This spread offense looks like it plans on setting up the run with the pass. I don't believe in those types of offenses. Its still a runner's league, and with the line you guys got, it would be better to pack it up and run. And then force 8 man fronts on you, and unleash Moss with the PA. Cooley and Lloyd for mids...I personally would start Randle El over Lloyd.
We arent going to run the ball any less than we have the past couple of years
Yes, but I think the major difference is under Gibbs, you set up the pass with the run, under Saunders I think it will be the opposite. I personally don't believe in that type of system. I base my prediction mostly on the health of your qb. I don't know if he can hold up for the whole year. If he can...I'll be wrong. I made ballsy predictions and this is one of them. But I'm guessing he won't, which is why I made the prediction I made. I didn't want to make obvious predictions, I wanted to go out on a limb and make some bold ones.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:28 PM    (permalink

Default Re: BBD's 10 NFL Truths (long write up)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2. People will realize that they are waay overrating Al Saunders. All you hear is Al Saunders this, Al Saunders that. "The redskins offense will be great because of Al Saunders.." Give me a break. Do you think that KC oline had anything to do with his success in KC? That oline made the world go round. Not Al Saunders. He didn't look like a genius when Roaf was injured last year. Al Saunders will not revitalize the skins offense. It will be good, but no one should expect KC like results. Thats just foolish.

THIS JUST IN, IT'S BREAKING NEWS:

The Redskins have a good OL.
Yes they do, but I wouldn't rate it on the same level as KC's last year. KC's line was ridiculous. Like I said, theyll have a good offense, but don't think that Al Saunder's genius brain will make them like the best in the league...I think his playcalling is a little overrated. Calling an off-tackle run to the left will make anyone look like a genius when you have Roaf showing the way to Larry Johnson.
Is our line atleast good enough as the old rams?
Its a top 5 line imo. I personally favor the big strong olines like KC, I personally think the best oline ever was the Hogs, not the Dallas oline of the 90s (although its very close). I have Seattle, KC, Pittsburgh and Indy as better units off the top of my head. I guess Washington is 5 on the list.

I just think that the Skins would be better off running the ball more. This spread offense looks like it plans on setting up the run with the pass. I don't believe in those types of offenses. Its still a runner's league, and with the line you guys got, it would be better to pack it up and run. And then force 8 man fronts on you, and unleash Moss with the PA. Cooley and Lloyd for mids...I personally would start Randle El over Lloyd.
We arent going to run the ball any less than we have the past couple of years
Yes, but I think the major difference is under Gibbs, you set up the pass with the run, under Saunders I think it will be the opposite. I personally don't believe in that type of system. I base my prediction mostly on the health of your qb. I don't know if he can hold up for the whole year. If he can...I'll be wrong. I made ballsy predictions and this is one of them. But I'm guessing he won't, which is why I made the prediction I made. I didn't want to make obvious predictions, I wanted to go out on a limb and make some bold ones.
I think the main thing you are forgeting is that this is still joe gibbs offense. It just has some minor tweaks, but i understand what you are saying. And Brunell will be fine as long as osi doesnt throw his head into brunell's knee again
Old 08-01-2006, 10:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Another quick point I want to make with my list. To clarify more on the "bengals won't make the playoffs" thing, I think because of they have a plethora of low character guys, when their backs are against the wall they will fold.

Chances are Palmer will miss a couple of games. Forget the reports, he's in TC with damn near a cast on. He won't be ready. That means, they will lose a couple of games early in the season. Now a high character squad would handle the adversity well and be men about it, and fight through it. But when you have a lockeroom full of low character thugs, they will fold up and whnle and throw in the towel. And potential chaos can insue. I just don't see them having enough to win this division. Especially with their MIKE suspended for 4 games too. Delta Oneal will not produce like he did last year. This team will be one of those teams that everyone projects to do well but for various reasons falters.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

So far alot of these predictions are holding water. Kinda crazy, I made these predictions at the start of TC. We'll see how many wind up becoming true at the season's end. So far Id say at least 50% of them are looking good.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So far alot of these predictions are holding water. Kinda crazy, I made these predictions at the start of TC. We'll see how many wind up becoming true at the season's end. So far Id say at least 50% of them are looking good.
More than that. Things are right on track for everyone of those predictions to come true.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:58 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have the utmost respect for Dawkins, but you think that people that rate Ed Reed higher shouldn't?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I have the utmost respect for Dawkins, but you think that people that rate Ed Reed higher shouldn't?
Of course Ed Reed is better, but technically, he's a SS. In terms of FS, the only popular name that people claim is better is Sean Taylor, and Dawkins is easily outplaying him. Yet he still doesn't get the love. Dawkins is the best FS in the game right now. Forget the measureables, look at the body of work. No one measures up to him.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

How come ST21 is back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
How come ST21 is back?
Thats from a long time ago.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Quote:
How come ST21 is back?
He's not. these were bumped from before TC
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
3. The AFC West will be an open race. This division is up for grabs. All the teams can win it...even the Raiders. The Chiefs have issues on defense and lost Roaf, the Broncos will still have issues at qb, the Raiders have a young but developing defense and Aaron Brooks, and the Chargers have Rivers running the show for the first time. All have major question marks that will be answered during the season. I wouldn't be surprised if this division mirrors the NFC East.
Ya being ranked top 5 is such an issue I know they won't stay top 5 but come on they are playing some very good D. :roll:
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Of course Ed Reed is better, but technically, he's a SS. In terms of FS, the only popular name that people claim is better is Sean Taylor, and Dawkins is easily outplaying him. Yet he still doesn't get the love. Dawkins is the best FS in the game right now. Forget the measureables, look at the body of work. No one measures up to him.
Well he plays more like a SS, but Reed has started at FS for the last few years.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote

Quote:
How come ST21 is back?
He posted that August 1st
Old 10-06-2006, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I am really observant. :roll:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
Quote:
3. The AFC West will be an open race. This division is up for grabs. All the teams can win it...even the Raiders. The Chiefs have issues on defense and lost Roaf, the Broncos will still have issues at qb, the Raiders have a young but developing defense and Aaron Brooks, and the Chargers have Rivers running the show for the first time. All have major question marks that will be answered during the season. I wouldn't be surprised if this division mirrors the NFC East.
Ya being ranked top 5 is such an issue I know they won't stay top 5 but come on they are playing some very good D. :roll:
Dude, I posted this in August, cut me some slack. They are playing better than I expected however. That is probably the one truth that I was flat out wrong with. The rest are holding up pretty well though.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow BBD, you were dead on. You're my hero.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Dude, I posted this in August, cut me some slack. They are playing better than I expected however. That is probably the one truth that I was flat out wrong with. The rest are holding up pretty well though.
My bad didn't look at the date who went and bumped this?
Old 10-06-2006, 04:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My bad didn't look at the date who went and bumped this?
I did :D
Old 10-06-2006, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with #9.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:59 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#9 is BS. He might have a dissapointing year. But the rest is Bull.
VernonLawson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:06 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89
Great point.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Bravo *golf claps*

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:13 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89
What a compelling argument. You've got me convinced.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:25 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

very nice, most of it is holding up very well, except for one minor point...

Quote:
This division is up for grabs. All the teams can win it...even the Raiders
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote