Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:13 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Eli, Rivers, or Big Ben

Now that all three have starts under their belts, who is the better QB? For the last 2-3 years i've been hearing from Eli haters that he was picked #1 overall just because he was a Manning. Haters were always pointing out how great big ben was doing in Pittsburg his rookie year. So i'm just here to say... WHAT NOW?? I'm sorry about all the emotion. Give me your thoughts.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:26 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eli
Old 10-09-2006, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli Manning will never be as good as Peyton, IMO. He does have good tools, though. He also runs the offense very well, and he has tons of talent. I like Manning, and he has a very bright future.

Phillip Rivers has lots of potential, and he showed last night that he can be more than a game manager. Whether he can eveolve into a great QB is up to Marty Schottenheimer and the opportunities he choses to provide to Rivers. He's still getting used to this offense as this is only his 1st year as a starter.

For the past 2 years, Ben Roethlisberger has been nothing more than a glorified game manager. Now that Bettis is gone and the run game isn't functioning as it has in the past few years, Roethlisberger has been asked to do more than be a game manager. He's been asked to start to become a QB. Roethlisberger has shown that he will never be a great QB. Roethlisberger is a great game manager, but he's not a good QB.

So now...
1.Manning
2.Rivers
3.Roethlisberger

Manning is the best as of now, but if Marty Schottenheimer allows Rivers to evolve as a QB, he could pass up Manning.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:37 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:40 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Rivers.
Would you like to explain your selection??
Old 10-09-2006, 08:45 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philip Rivers

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:45 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby
Quote:
Rivers.
Why does he have to? You didn't make ltgiants explain his....

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:46 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Rivers.
wat!!!!!!! some1 dontz liek maningzorbs!!!!
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:46 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Quote:
Rivers.
Why does he have to? You didn't make ltgiants explain his....
i was thinking the same thing :?

Old 10-09-2006, 08:48 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Alright. Everyone explain your selections
Old 10-09-2006, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm the only one that has, and no one says a word to me. :?

BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2006, 08:55 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Manning 1149 yards 9 TDs 5 INTS 97.1 QB rating
Rivers 730 yards 5 TDs 2 INTS 94.5 QB rating
Ben 569 yards 0 TDs 7 INTS 41.7 QB rating

This years stats. please don't come on here and tell me stats mean nothing.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:55 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
You did a nice little job, yes you did.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
You did a nice little job, yes you did.
:roll:

BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2006, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Giant4life
Veteran

Giant4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Man, no touchdown's for Ben :shock:
Giant4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant4life
Quote:

Man, no touchdown's for Ben :shock:
Ben is awul. I've said he's overrated since his first win when everyone was like, "OMG!1!11 OMG!1!!1 big ben ownzzz!1!111!!"

BoneKrusher
Old 10-09-2006, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I thank Big Ben for proving me right. He is better than he is playing right now, but his weaknesses are clearly being exploited and he no longer can depend on the best rushing attack in the NFL. I love the fact that he looks so awful right now. I remember getting chastised by so many on this board for wanting Eli over him last Spring.

Rivers is nasty, so accurate. I'm not sure Eli can keep this level of play over the course of the season, but if he can, he is above Rivers. I see Rivers being a more consistent QB while Eli will be more up and down. But both are on their way to being top 5 QBs within the next 3-4 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers for me. As I said in the Rivers thread him and Eli are pretty equal as far as being able to make all of the throws but Rivers takes it in other categories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:24 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
I thank Big Ben for proving me right. He is better than he is playing right now, but his weaknesses are clearly being exploited and he no longer can depend on the best rushing attack in the NFL. I love the fact that he looks so awful right now. I remember getting chastised by so many on this board for wanting Eli over him last Spring.

Rivers is nasty, so accurate. I'm not sure Eli can keep this level of play over the course of the season, but if he can, he is above Rivers. I see Rivers being a more consistent QB while Eli will be more up and down. But both are on their way to being top 5 QBs within the next 3-4 years.
In my opinion Eli has been the only consitant part of the giants this year. One of his interceptions went off of tiki's hands and into the defender, and the other went off of Plaxico's hands into the defender. The two picks he threw vs. the Seahawks were pretty bad, i must admitt. In my opinion Eli is already a top ten QB.

1. Peyton Manning
2. Donovan McNabb
3. Carson Palmer
4. Marc Bulger
5. Tom Brady
6. David Carr
7. Rex Grossman
8. Eli Manning
9. Drew Brees
10. Matt Hasselback
Old 10-09-2006, 09:25 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi
Rivers for me. As I said in the Rivers thread him and Eli are pretty equal as far as being able to make all of the throws but Rivers takes it in other categories.
What are the other catagories?
Old 10-09-2006, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

In my opinion Eli has been the only consitant part of the giants this year. One of his interceptions went off of tiki's hands and into the defender, and the other went off of Plaxico's hands into the defender. The two picks he threw vs. the Seahawks were pretty bad, i must admitt. In my opinion Eli is already a top ten QB.

1. Peyton Manning
2. Donovan McNabb
3. Carson Palmer
4. Marc Bulger
5. Tom Brady
6. David Carr
7. Rex Grossman
8. Eli Manning
9. Drew Brees
10. Matt Hasselback
I hope that isn't in the order you actually believe.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:26 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Quote:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Donovan McNabb
3. Carson Palmer
4. Marc Bulger
5. Tom Brady
6. David Carr
7. Rex Grossman
8. Eli Manning
9. Drew Brees
10. Matt Hasselback
I hope that isn't in the order you actually believe.
Same here
Bulger over Brady :?

Old 10-09-2006, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

The main aspect of Eli's game that goes unnoticed is his pocket presence. He has had it forever, and that is why he can avoid the sacks for the most part. He simply has the "it" factor, and that is why I know Eli will win AT LEAST one Super Bowl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:50 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The main aspect of Eli's game that goes unnoticed is his pocket presence. He has had it forever, and that is why he can avoid the sacks for the most part. He simply has the "it" factor, and that is why I know Eli will win AT LEAST one Super Bowl.
Eli is just plain clutch. He picks it up in the second half. Last year's denver game, Cowboys game (we lost in OT), Seahawks game, This year's Eagles games. He has IT. Whatever IT may be.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:09 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is best? Eli Manning

Who would I rather have, which was the actual poll question? Philip Rivers. He's deadly accurate, he's a great leader, and he hasn't even finished out. Of course, Eli Manning had a great beginning last year and went sour, but he's still good.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote