Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Which 4-1 team will make the playoffs?

The Saints and the Rams are both 4-1. A lot of this has to do with luck and pretty easy scheduling. Both teams have beat one good team (Falcons and Broncos) at home and the Rams lost to the lowly Niners, not to mention that both teams have barely beaten some pretty crappy teams. That being said, 4-1 is a pretty nice spot to be at to make the playoffs. 10-6 almost promises a playoff slot and 9-7 is usually pretty decent. Saints have a harder schedule down the road, but I also believe they are the more legit team. So...with all that being said..what do you think will happen?

At this point, I'm still unconvinced that either team makes it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:22 PM    (permalink

neither
Old 10-08-2006, 04:23 PM    (permalink

Saints, only cause i have a $100 bet that the Saints will have a better record than the Rams with my friend :P
Old 10-08-2006, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who dat?

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Which 4-1 team will make the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Saints have a harder schedule down the road
Thank you for actually noticing.

The Saints are going down hard here on out.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:01 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

neither

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:05 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Which 4-1 team will make the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Saints have a harder schedule down the road
Thank you for actually noticing.

The Saints are going down hard here on out.
Yea the Rams benefit from a weak division, but they have a few hard games coming up as well, and would be annoyed if they made the playoffs because they beat a whole bunch of bad teams while losing to the good ones. If they beat the good teams though, I have nothing against them.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams have an easy schedule, and the Seahawks aren't near what they were, or thought to be. Meanwhile the Saints, not sure, they have a tough road and are a young team. So I say:

Rams = yes
Saints = no

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:24 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pains me to say it cuz I am cheering for the Saints cuz of all they've been through and the Rams are my team, but staying real here, neither. Lets take a yander at the schedules.

Saints
Sep 10 @Cleveland Won 19-14
Sep 17 @Green Bay Won 34-27
Sep 25 Atlanta Won 23-3
Oct 1 @Carolina Lost 18-21
Oct 8 Tampa Bay Won 24-21
Oct 15 Philadelphia 1:00pm 181 130
Week 7 BYE
Oct 29 Baltimore 1:00pm 152 125
Nov 5 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm 122 181
Nov 12 @Pittsburgh 1:00pm 153 153
Nov 19 Cincinnati 1:00pm 158 158
Nov 26 @Atlanta 1:00pm 152 152

Dec 3 San Francisco 1:00pm 147 147
Dec 10 @Dallas 1:00pm 147 147
Dec 17 Washington 1:00pm 143 147
Dec 24 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm 125 125
Dec 31 Carolina 1:00pm 117 118

Games in bold are tough. And the only good team they beat is Atlanta.

Rams
Sep 10 Denver Won 18-10
Sep 17 @San Francisco Lost 13-20
Sep 24 @Arizona Won 16-14
Oct 1 Detroit Won 41-34
Oct 8 @Green Bay Won 23-20
Oct 15 Seattle 1:00pm 144 125
Week 7 BYE
Oct 29 @San Diego 4:05pm 125 130
Nov 5 Kansas City 1:00pm 152 117
Nov 12 @Seattle 4:15pm 147 130
Nov 19 @Carolina 1:00pm 147 118

Nov 26 San Francisco 1:00pm 125 125
Dec 3 Arizona 1:00pm 110 110
Dec 11 Chicago 8:30pm 125 123
Dec 17 @Oakland 4:15pm 125 110
Dec 24 Washington 1:00pm 130 119
Dec 31 @Minnesota 1:00pm 152 152

The games in bold are the tough ones. And the only good team they beat is Denver. They go through these next 5 games in bold at 2-3, I will start believing more, but right now, I don't see it.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:00 AM    (permalink
nfrillman

Thats alright, people can keep on doubting the Rams, but the odds favor them over the Saints. As yodachu just stated, the Saints have a ridiculous schedule coming up. Also, if anyone has watched the Seahawks at all this season, they don't look right, or scary, at all. Hasselbeck has looked terrible outside of that Giants game, the running game is non-existent, even before Alexander went down. Alexander was averaging around 3 yards a carry, and now Morris is at about that same number or even worse. We should get an idea this upcoming weekend as to how good both the Rams and Saints are. The Rams play the Seahawks and the Saints face the Eagles. I'm looking for the Rams to beat the Seahawks and gain a little respect. Saints will lose to the Eagles, hate to say it though because it's a good story. Rams will be 5-1, Seahawks 3-2, and the Saints fall to 4-2. Like yodachu said, these next five games for the Rams are huge. They need to win the Seahawks and Chiefs games at home, then sneak a road victory in against the Chargers, Seahawks, or Panthers in there, preferably the Seahawks for obvious reasons. Another thing to take note of on the Rams schedule, they play no games in cold weather stadiums late in the season. Their latest game in a cold weather city, not in a dome, is the Seahawks November 12. Little stat for ya, Bulger has zero interceptions in 214 consecutive attempts, only QB in the league without an interception, three straight games with 110+ QB rating, Jackson is first in total yards, and defense leads league in takeaways.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:04 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Who dat?
who do i have the bet with?
Old 10-09-2006, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Quote:
Who dat?
What?

"Who dat" is what the Saints say. This came along before the Bengals stole it and sickly twisted it into "Who dey?".

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman
I'm looking for the Rams to beat the Seahawks
Doubtful imo.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:59 AM    (permalink
JagsFanWL
Veteran

JagsFanWL hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the Saints lose their next 2 games, against Philly and Baltimore, and maybe even Tampa Bay after that to go to 4-4. Actually, looking at their next six games, I say they go 1-5. That makes 5-6. San Fran is a win, but then they got Dallas. I think they can beat Washington, but lose to New York and Carolina to finish at 7-9.

I say the Rams go 1-4 in their next 5 games. Then 4-2 in the 6 game stretch following that.

They'll finish at 9-7. A bubble team to make the playoffs.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:18 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those teams I bolded earlier for the Rams. I thought about in my labatory last night, and we need to go 8-4 the rest of the season to be guarateed a playoff spot. This season in the NFC, 10-6 will prolly only get u a tie. So 8-4. The Rams have struggled against the teams they should beat. And we have the Raiders, Cards, and Niners, we need to beat those 3. So that puts at 7 wins. We won't beat the Bears. 7-2. I think we'll beat the Chiefs, so 8-2. We will lose to the Chargers cuz our run D ain't good and they have LT, so 8-3. I think we will split against the Seahawks, winning this week in fact. 9-4. And I don't think we can beat the Panthers in Charlotte, that 9-5. It is gonna come down to the last two weeks, we shall see.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:44 AM    (permalink
danman253

The Rams stand no chance vs. Seattle. At all. Seattle was embarrassed on the road, vs. the best team in the league. Shaun is returning, and based off how shaky the D has been, i'm not scared of St. Louis at all.

Also they will lose to SF again, because they cannot seem to beat them.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:43 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Quote:
Who dat?
What?

"Who dat" is what the Saints say. This came along before the Bengals stole it and sickly twisted it into "Who dey?".
oh i didnt know
Old 10-10-2006, 11:08 AM    (permalink
nfrillman

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
The Rams stand no chance vs. Seattle. At all. Seattle was embarrassed on the road, vs. the best team in the league. Shaun is returning, and based off how shaky the D has been, i'm not scared of St. Louis at all.

Yeah, ok, we'll see. And as for Alexander, I have heard he is looking at being back the week after the Rams game, not that I really think it matters because both him and Morris were averaging about 3 yards per carry.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:15 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither make it. I think when the Rams play a good offense their defense won't be able to handle it. Also, that Saints schedule is too hard to survive.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:34 AM    (permalink
LSU Man
Rookie

LSU Man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

this is how i see it: We beat the Eagles;Loses to Pitt,Cin,Bal,Atl,NYG,Dal.
The rest of the game are either game we will win or we are playing teams that don't play up to their talent all the time a la the Saints.

The Rams won't make the playoffs. In the playoffs it will be Seattle,Chicago,2 NFC South teams and 2 NFC East teams.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:03 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman
Quote:

Yeah, ok, we'll see. And as for Alexander, I have heard he is looking at being back the week after the Rams game, not that I really think it matters because both him and Morris were averaging about 3 yards per carry.
yeah, lets see u run full-speed on a broken foot :roll:

The rams defense isn't very good. After seeing Alex Smith Butcher them, i could see a victory comparable to the giants game for us.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:04 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i want to say neither... but i like new orleans chances

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:40 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

Quote:

Yeah, we have a chance. The Texans have a chance against the Cowboys. Everyone has a chance to beat another team.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:42 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Neither.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote