Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-09-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default (10 Char.)

I very well could be on my own on this one, but does anybody else get annoyed when people post a one word answer and then do something to fill the 10 character minimum? I guess to me there is a reason this minimum exists and that is to hopefully eliminate people from posting pointless, one-word answers or replies that contribute nothing to a conversation. There are a lot of users on this site that are very intelligent and good debates can spring up all the time. Posting a brilliant reply of "LOL" or something similar unfortunately doesn't provide as much support for your opinion as you might think. Take the time and explain your point of view and you might get more respect for your side.

I'm sure with all the insightful posters here, this will get many intelligent, one-word replies but I thought I'd just throw it out there to see what everyone else thought.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes (10 char.)

lol.. yeah I'm feeling ya though, gets annoying

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just make the 10 characters things white.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
I just make the 10 characters things white.

You sneaky bastard.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, thank god, when I opened this thread I thought I would see a bunch of little lol (10 CHAR) or **** (10 char). Those piss me off, if u want to do **** like that like LOL or LMAO, put ........... after it. I hate it.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get what you mean. It seems some people put it there just for the sake of it. I remember one post, I believe it was in a thread about CB in the 07 draft, and some one posted:

Quote:
Revis

(10 Characters)
Which was stupid, when it would of been much easier and shorter to just type out his full name "Darrell Revis".

Last edited by Paul : 08-10-2007 at 12:11 AM.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Yep. YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME COPPERS! Cacklecacklecackle.
You make me embarassed to be a citizen of the u.s. hey asswipe can you see this, hell no.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you don't have to worry about that anymore because you get an infraction (post whoring) by either DG or Ward now.

i got 2 of em.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An infraction? For what?
Old 08-10-2007, 01:43 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

post whoring. (10 characters)

basically their way of saying you didn't post something worhtwhile so you get punished for it.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:45 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

That might very well be the dumbest rule I've ever heard. You get an infraction for posting something less than 10 characters? Wow.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol.

EDIT: See, you can say just LOL, but you have to put LOL, and then a period 10 or more spaces away.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:59 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

i collect infractions like some people collect stamps.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:04 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I find the most annoying people are the ones who type a pointless acronym like QFT(10 Char).

Instead of adding that to the "QFT" just type the friggin thing out.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:39 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
I find the most annoying people are the ones who type a pointless acronym like QFT(10 Char).

QFT (10 Char). oh, there shall be pain... so much pain... bwahahahaha! also, go jaguars
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:48 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I very well could be on my own on this one, but does anybody else get annoyed when people post a one word answer and then do something to fill the 10 character minimum? I guess to me there is a reason this minimum exists and that is to hopefully eliminate people from posting pointless, one-word answers or replies that contribute nothing to a conversation. There are a lot of users on this site that are very intelligent and good debates can spring up all the time. Posting a brilliant reply of "LOL" or something similar unfortunately doesn't provide as much support for your opinion as you might think. Take the time and explain your point of view and you might get more respect for your side.

I'm sure with all the insightful posters here, this will get many intelligent, one-word replies but I thought I'd just throw it out there to see what everyone else thought.
Now THAT is an old skool sig! Way to represent! I love it!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:02 AM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My biggest pet peeve and one of the reasons I stop coming here for long periods of time is when people just reply with "yeah" or "haha." Or, when people just quote something for emphasis. That's the one that bothers me the most. If you don't have anything to add then you don't ave to respond. Nobody cares what your opinion is unless you have some reasoning or insight or analysis to go with it. So many people think that this place is just a fancy chat room, and some may think I'm overreacting, but it really drags down the quality of the forum to have 4 page threads full of "I agree" and "No way, man." Just save it. Sometimes you don't need to post everything that comes into your head when reading a thread. Badgerbacker and I have been here since '04 and look how many posts we have in comparison to people who joined in '06. In closing, save it.

Now please, someone be hilarious and quote this for emphasis. So I can shoot you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post

you are so totally right, I'll quote you for truth. I'm kidding, typing things like that is for n00bs

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
My biggest pet peeve and one of the reasons I stop coming here for long periods of time is when people just reply with "yeah" or "haha." Or, when people just quote something for emphasis. That's the one that bothers me the most. If you don't have anything to add then you don't ave to respond. Nobody cares what your opinion is unless you have some reasoning or insight or analysis to go with it. So many people think that this place is just a fancy chat room, and some may think I'm overreacting, but it really drags down the quality of the forum to have 4 page threads full of "I agree" and "No way, man." Just save it. Sometimes you don't need to post everything that comes into your head when reading a thread. Badgerbacker and I have been here since '04 and look how many posts we have in comparison to people who joined in '06. In closing, save it.

Now please, someone be hilarious and quote this for emphasis. So I can shoot you.
Quoted for nomination into the post hall of fame.

Creek, you should be president.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Very solid post. Although I must admit that my posts don't really fall into the catagory 'intelligent remark' or even 'insightful' I do agree that posts that contain nothing more than "yeah, absolutely" are stupid. Thank you creek for shining your light upon this matter ;).

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 08-10-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all i can say is...at least the 'blank quoting' phase is over. nothing annoyed me more than somebody quoting somebody else and contributing nothing new. and it was running rampant for a while.
in regards to the issue at hand. i have mixed feelings. while it would be nice if every post made had some sort of substance to it. i do get some satisfaction when one of my posts gets acknowledged. whether by a 'QFT' or a 'haha' I can see the usefullness in telling somebody you appreciate the post that they took the time to write.
but, obviously some dudes make the shorties just to build post count, which really frosts my brownies.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Exactly right. The 10 character thing isn't as big of deal to me as people posting meaningless crap. If someone posted "Darrell Revis" I would get just as annoyed as if they said "Revis.......(10 Char)"

Creek, you are the better one with words so I'm glad you said basically everything that was on my mind.

Edit: And D-Unit, thanks for the love on the sig. I love it too. I have always fancied one of your sigs that you used to make though.

Another edit: Also, another thing that makes me want hit something is when polls are used. People feel it is necessary to post what their selection was...why?!? It is just fine if you post and then give a reasoning for your choice, but the simple posting of a name or whatever you voted for is simply uncalled for and quite frankly, makes me want to punch you in the face.

Last edited by badgerbacker : 08-10-2007 at 07:23 PM.
badgerbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
all i can say is...at least the 'blank quoting' phase is over. nothing annoyed me more than somebody quoting somebody else and contributing nothing new. and it was running rampant for a while.
in regards to the issue at hand. i have mixed feelings. while it would be nice if every post made had some sort of substance to it. i do get some satisfaction when one of my posts gets acknowledged. whether by a 'QFT' or a 'haha' I can see the usefullness in telling somebody you appreciate the post that they took the time to write.
but, obviously some dudes make the shorties just to build post count, which really frosts my brownies.
I know what you mean. I too get the fuzzy little feeling inside if I have a post that is quoted. The thing about getting a post appreciated is...that is what the entire rep system is supposed to be for! If you think a post is said perfectly, shoot the poster some positive rep and leave a comment saying why you liked it.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
Blank quoting was insanely annoying. And I must admit that all those pointless "lol" "haha" "you're right" etc post are very flattering and it does bring a smile to my face to see someone appreciating my view or joke (usually joke).

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC