Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-10-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Autographs Thru Email

I'm wondering if anyone here has done this before? I used to do this last year, mostly with college coaches (football and basketball), some celebs and I collected quite a few autographs.

Roy Williams
Bill Callahan
Mike Shula
Turner Gill
Bobby Petrino
Dave Wanstedt
Charlie Daniels (the musician)
Mack Brown (got some cool uncut trading cards as well from Texas)
John Calipari

Those are just the ones off the top of my head I can remember getting when I used to do this.

If you are wondering how this is done -- you either find the email of the coach from their bio page (it is usually their secretaries email), send them an email, do a little bit of butt kissing, then request their autograph while making sure you leave your home address. If you are lucky, in a week or two you will get an autograph, which is usually an autographed 8x10. Some schools will send you hats, jerseys, cards, programs, etc., if you are lucky enough.

Pretty cool to get an autograph from a college coach for not even the price of that 41 cent stamp. :)
Old 08-10-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather just meet them in person. There is no feeling like that of meeting someone you idolize in real life.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to do this when I was younger. I sent cards out and hoped they would come back. Got a couple from Roberto Alomar. Funny, I sent a card to Mark McGwire, he kept my card and sent me a small, crappy photocopied picture with his autograph (also photocopied) on it. Bastard!

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
I used to do this when I was younger. I sent cards out and hoped they would come back. Got a couple from Roberto Alomar. Funny, I sent a card to Mark McGwire, he kept my card and sent me a small, crappy photocopied picture with his autograph (also photocopied) on it. Bastard!
Haha, that's funny. I wonder why he didn't sign the card.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Haha, that's funny. I wonder why he didn't sign the card.
because it was probably valuable, which he decided to keep, because he cant find a card like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I'd rather just meet them in person. There is no feeling like that of meeting someone you idolize in real life.
You must be the offspring of Bill Gates is you are going to fly (travel) all over the country to meet as many coaches/players as I have gotten thru emails. haha
Old 08-10-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillie26 View Post
I'm wondering if anyone here has done this before? I used to do this last year, mostly with college coaches (football and basketball), some celebs and I collected quite a few autographs.

Roy Williams
Bill Callahan
Mike Shula
Turner Gill
Bobby Petrino
Dave Wanstedt
Charlie Daniels (the musician)
Mack Brown (got some cool uncut trading cards as well from Texas)
John Calipari

or

?
Old 08-10-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id be guessing Roy Williams the coach. He is the only one i could see doing it although Dallas Roy Williams seems like a really nice guy well he did on MTV Cribs haha.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

detroit roy is pretty nice.

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

I have the autograph of my favorite player in the NFL, so I'd content.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

UNC coach Roy Williams.

Getting some athletes are pretty hard. Unless you can dig up a personal assistant they have, and find their email, you aren't likely to get an autograph from them through email. If you have an athlete who is signed with a small sports agent, you can usually email them and get an autograph. But the big agents like Condon, Rosenhaus, etc., will just ignore you.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have the autograph of my favorite player in the NFL, so I'd content.
I wish i could get Kevin Williams. I tried to get my favorite player before but didnt get it.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I wish i could get Kevin Williams. I tried to get my favorite player before but didnt get it.
Who is that?
Old 08-10-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Randy Moss. My favorite all time is Cris Carter. My favorite Viking is probably Pat Williams.