Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:39 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I hate Theismann and Buck equally. I miss Madden and Summerall, they were the best. Buck spends too much time trying to get himself over at the expense of the the game with stupid jokes. The best now is definitely Michaels and Madden. How could you not like John Madden, sure he doesn't really make sense half the time but he's an institution, a game doesn't feel like a big game unless Madden's calling it and saying "BOOM". I'm a little bias but I love Michael Irvin, he's certainly better and more entertaining than someone like Cris Collinsworth and besides Michael helps bring in the black demographic as they relate to him and he relates to them moreso than probably any other analyst.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
I hate Theismann and Buck equally. I miss Madden and Summerall, they were the best. Buck spends too much time trying to get himself over at the expense of the the game with stupid jokes. The best now is definitely Michaels and Madden. How could you not like John Madden, sure he doesn't really make sense half the time but he's an institution, a game doesn't feel like a big game unless Madden's calling it and saying "BOOM". I'm a little bias but I love Michael Irvin, he's certainly better and more entertaining than someone like Cris Collinsworth and besides Michael helps bring in the black demographic as they relate to him and he relates to them moreso than probably any other analyst.
Summerall did a game I believe a year or two ago and he was really bad. He didn't know what was going on and he messed up every 2 minutes. I felt really bad for him. I think the combination of old age and the alcohol really got to him.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:47 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Summerall did a game I believe a year or two ago and he was really bad. He didn't know what was going on and he messed up every 2 minutes. I felt really bad for him. I think the combination of old age and the alcohol really got to him.
I didn't think Pat was bad even then. The great thing about Pat was that he didn't make the mistake that a lot of play by play men make by talking too much. You don't have to describe every little thing as it's not like most football fans are blind.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:52 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I didn't think Pat was bad even then. The great thing about Pat was that he didn't make the mistake that a lot of play by play men make by talking too much. You don't have to describe every little thing as it's not like most football fans are blind.
I watched the game where he sat in for Mike Patrick who was out with some health problems and I'm sorry to say but Pat was not doing well. At least from my perspective at least. He got lost many times, mispronounced names, and went speechless a couple times as well. In fact, if I remember correctly I think McGuire had to call one of the plays because Pat was lost.

Pat was one of the best though back in the day.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:17 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I watched the game where he sat in for Mike Patrick who was out with some health problems and I'm sorry to say but Pat was not doing well. At least from my perspective at least. He got lost many times, mispronounced names, and went speechless a couple times as well. In fact, if I remember correctly I think McGuire had to call one of the plays because Pat was lost.

Pat was one of the best though back in the day.
Well Pat's going to call one of the BCS games this year, I don't remember the name of it but I'm pretty sure it's the one in Dallas as he lives in the area.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:28 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm another one that doesn't mind Joe Buck.

Cris Collinsworth comes off as really arrogant sometimes, but I like him, because he tells it like it is. He's not a player apologist like most guys are these days.

Personally, I thought one of the worst combos ever was Simms and Gumble. Those two together would put me to sleep.

Now that I think about it, my favorite these days probably is Buck and Aikman.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:57 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know who I can't stand? Tony on MNF. Kick him off. All he ever talks about is his damn FF team. He sucks.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
You know who I can't stand? Tony on MNF. Kick him off. All he ever talks about is his damn FF team. He sucks.
I know, that's really annoying.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:15 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i think tony's the only worthwhile part of that team, although he needs to grow some balls. he almost said something worthwhile about the cutler/plummer situation before theismann shouted him down.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I despise Joe Buck. He is so biased in his commentary. He's constantly ripping NY players, especially Eli Manning. He has no clue what he is talking about half the time, actually more than half. I remember against the eagles game he said Eli had an "average at best" game against the Eagles. Really? Couldve fooled me. He hates NY for some reason and constantly rips on our players. F him. If I ever see him Im gonna sock him in the face.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both are pretty bad but I'll tell you one of the worst broadcasting teams I've ever gotten to hear. Pam Ward and Mike Gottfried. They did the Penn St. at Minnesota game from this weekend and it was absolutely terrible. He is way late on his color commentary and while she does know what's going on with football compared to other women, it's still not enough. Plus she has a manly voice, but not manly enough. So I practically thought that we had what sounded like a male fashion designer doing the commentary until I saw the camera on her commenting.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:33 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

pam ward is an abysmal commentator. i have never once heard her say anything remotely interesting or insightful about anything. she defines the "we need a woman to broadcast so women will watch" trend imo, and before anyone starts up that i hate her for being a woman, i think bonnie bernstein would be a fantastic broadcaster if they'd stop using her as just another pretty face. she was on local radio a few months ago and had a pretty interesting chat with the host.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:48 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

joe theisman has got to be the worst announcer in history. i have never met one person, online, real life or anywhere that didn't hate the guy. yet, espn hangs by him.... :twisted:
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

It seems like pretty much everybody sucks these days to be honest. Troy Aikman is at the top of the analyzing mountain with a few guys still climbing up or tumbling down. Last night I heard Mike Tirico say Gerald Warren twice seconds apart then finally correct himself. Last week it was Theismann who said "Ah-med Carroll". Last night he said the wetness of the game wouldn't effect the quarterback's throwing, then one fumbles and he says "Let's see what happened, well the ball got slippery and it comes out." Outside of that all he does is ramble because he's the only guy in the booth whose played the game. And Tony Kornhieser, he's a good writer but why does he have to open every game with what seems like a column out of the Washington Post? He mentioned the game being over twice last week, which is something you don't do, you don't try to lose viewers you gotta keep them, then this week he asked Theismann if he were one of the coaches would he feel like the game is over if they had a touchdown lead. Oh yeah, and he never mentioned the words game over in the Saints Falcons game. Collinsworth is an idiot and has an annoying ass voice. This weekend he said "and it looks like the Green Bay Packers have found somebody to run the ball" I think you need to know about every team no matter how good they are if you're gonna be an analyst, you gotta answer any question about a team. It's already been established that when Ahman Green's in there he's gotten the job done, and Morency had 99 yards last week, Herron only had 108 or something, big deal. Don't get take this as me saying the Packers have a great running game, it's just that he says it like we haven't had anybody over 60 yards. Really I just want these guys to be prepared and give an efficient performance, what's funny is everybody who does the college games seems errorless and theres far more teams players and everything.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't stand either one.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Collinsworth isn't an idiot at all. He might be a little arrogant sometimes but he knows what he's talking about.

As for the Packers, why the hell wouldn't they give Noah Herron a chance? Green is old, is signed to a one year contract, and has a chronic fumbling problem. Morency has looked okay but he has a fumbling problem too. Why not give Herron a chance? It's pretty bleeping obvious that you aren't going to the playofffs and while they can't bench Favre, Ahman Green isn't so beloved that they can't put his ass on the pine.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Oh yeah I like Tom Jackson but I forgot to mention a couple weeks ago while doing Ravens highlights he said something like, " We've been talking about possibilities for offensive and defensive rookie of the year and I think we we have to consider Bart Scott as a strong candidate for defensive rookie of the year."

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:24 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Joe Buck is tolerable. Give me Bob Costas any day of the week though.
Bob Costas is the best sports analyst right now IMO. I actually really like the Sunday Night Football thing NBC has going on. I like Costas, Sharpe, Bettis, Michaels, Madden, and Collinsworth (although Chris does get on my nerves sometimes and Madden can be a little clueless) but I'd take them over Michael Irvin any day of the week.
i agree completely with all of that. i love the new NBC Sunday night football

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:05 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan
Quote:
Quote:
Bob Costas is the best sports analyst right now IMO. I actually really like the Sunday Night Football thing NBC has going on. I like Costas, Sharpe, Bettis, Michaels, Madden, and Collinsworth (although Chris does get on my nerves sometimes and Madden can be a little clueless) but I'd take them over Michael Irvin any day of the week.
Madden?!?!? The same guy who after an interception replies "That was not a good pass"?
He's better than Theisman....Madden like I said can be clueless, but back in the day he was a very good analyst, so it's excusable IMO. And it's not like pulling teeth to hear him commentate like it is with Theisman.

So dhvf, you're telling me that you'd take Irvin over Madden?

:shock:
No, I just love making fun of John Madden aka Captain Obvious aka Brett Favre's Ballsucker aka Sir Spam aka Fat Slob
80% of football is half mental

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:06 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

like velvet mixed with peanut butter.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:07 PM    (permalink
IBleedNavyandOrange
Rookie

IBleedNavyandOrange hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
Quote:
Quote:
i agree completely with all of that. i love the new NBC Sunday night football
Oh, you've got to be kidding me! Bob Costas su¬Ęks ass. He tries to be clever, but he's hackneyed. He's the master of inane, insipid small talk, and he thinks he's God's gift to broadcasting (as does Joe Buck).

That said, he's nowhere near as bad as Theismann. Joey Sunshine needs a lobotomy. Or maybe he had onetoo many. Either way, he's atrocious. I don't know how Irvin is worse, except that he is, and it's only by luck (or karma) that Irvin isn't in a booth doing color.

I'm glad Paul "The Original ******" MacGuire isn't doing pro ball anymore. Now if we can get rid of Joey Sunshine, I wouldn't feel like retching on Monday nights.