Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
John Engelberger chased down Alex Smith, the OL doesn't look too good right now; but are there injuries?

Smith looks good, made a great pass to Darrell Jackson.
Not sure what game you're watching. SF oline is dominating.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
Dominating would be a huge overstatement. Especially against Denver's 2nd team D-line.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im glad Jarred Gaither is going to start for the Ravens he's a big man and i hope he does well

KCJ58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My bad. I'll correct. SF Oline pushed Denver around.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the exceptions of Jay Cutler, Javon Walker, and Mike Bell, the Broncos look SLOW. Even the good Quincy Morgan return just now is a result of a horrible whiff of a 49ers tackle, I can't believe Denver doesn't have anyone better to return kicks.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
My bad. I'll correct. SF Oline pushed Denver around.

The same can be said about San Fran buddy, except worse. :p

Last edited by elway777 : 08-13-2007 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
The same can be said about San Fran buddy, except worse. :p
Very much so. But I wasn't the one that said SF Oline looked bad when in fact the opposite was true.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Quote:
Very much so. But I wasn't the one that said SF Oline looked bad when in fact the opposite was true.
"Henry looks real good right now. The O-line, not so much."

I was reffering to Denver's pass blocking.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
John Engelberger chased down Alex Smith, the OL doesn't look too good right now; but are there injuries?
Quote:
"Henry looks real good right now. The O-line, not so much."

I was reffering to Denver's pass blocking.
And I was referring to Philliez01's comment.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Holy crap! Did anyone see Jerry Rice's Monday Night Football stats:

45 games
254 catches
4000 yards
36 TDs

Incredible

Old 08-13-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Moats is literally carrying the ball backwards. He's terrible. When is Philly going to give Nate Ilaoa a chance???
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Ryan Moats is literally carrying the ball backwards. He's terrible. When is Philly going to give Nate Ilaoa a chance???
LOL. Just as I speak. 1 carry, 5 yard gain to the right. Beautiful!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Flipping through channels, saw three plays. The Jackson catch (great pass by Smith), the Engelberger sack and the next play afterwards where Smith was hit. Went back to the Eagles game to see Ilaoa play.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darrell *******!!!!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Wow, Sean Hill throws an ugly ball. Even Jeff Garcia thinks his passes are ugly.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Wonder why Jarvis didn't play.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Holy crap! Did anyone see Jerry Rice's Monday Night Football stats:

45 games
254 catches
4000 yards
36 TDs

Incredible
No wonder, he had Joe Montana and Steve Young throwing at him, was in a great offense for WRs, and probably had the best work ethic of any football player ever....Plus he played for like 20 years.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wonder why Jarvis didn't play.
Didn't he get hurt?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Didn't he get hurt?
yep that's why he didnt play

KCJ58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Because our D is too good!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Quote:

Smith looks good, made a great pass to Darrell Jackson.
Don't group in Kwame Harris with the other four guys.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:13 AM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Don't group in Kwame Harris with the other four guys.
Yeah, Joe Staley looked immensely better when he was in there. I don't really care if Kwame is a better run-blocker, if Staley is that much better as a rookie when it comes to keeping the QB upright he has to start. I was at the game and that Engleberger sack was all Harris' bad.

Other impressions:

Either Denver's run game is very good or SF's run D needs to improve a lot. (I would guess more the latter than the former, and that's not intended as a shot at Denver)

Tarrell Brown, 49ers rookie CB chosen in the 5th round out of Texas, can really play. I only noticed him out of position once and he certainly made up for it with an INT later on.

Tully Banta-Cain did a very good job applying pressure when he was in the game.

Ray McDonald got a heck of a push, helping to collapse the pocket several times.

Trent Dilfer looked REALLY rusty on some of his passes.

Last edited by stl9erfan : 08-14-2007 at 02:20 AM.
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote