Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 08-05-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Broncos and the Hall of Fame

Well, in light of the Hall of Fame, I read an article on ESPN ( http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/hallof...ike&id=2958207 )

Only ONE Bronco has been inducted to the HoF which does seem pretty absurd. Of course, that will probably change in a couple years as Sharpe will get make it into the HoF. So who are some of the Broncos who should have made it in or should get in later? Talk about active players too... some names that come to mind (I might miss some so NJX help me out):

Zimmerman
Mecklenburg
Terrell Davis
Steve Atwater
Rod Smith
Champ Bailey
Tom Nalen
Jason Elam
John Lynch

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Add Randy Gradishar and Tom Jackson to your list.

Sharpe and Zimmerman will make it next. Champ Bailey isn't far away from being a lock.

T.Davis is a HOF talent whose short career will be a huge talking point at future HOF selection meetings. I have a feeling he'll make it after a long wait. Would like to see Atwater and Lynch selected eventually.
Rod Smith and Elam are No votes.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Add Randy Gradishar and Tom Jackson to your list.

Sharpe and Zimmerman will make it next. Champ Bailey isn't far away from being a lock.

T.Davis is a HOF talent whose short career will be a huge talking point at future HOF selection meetings. I have a feeling he'll make it after a long wait. Would like to see Atwater and Lynch selected eventually.
Rod Smith and Elam are No votes.
Of all the Broncos, I would like to see Rod Smith get into the HoF. it will be unfortunate if he doesn't make it. In my opinion, other than Elway, he is the greatest Bronco of all time (doesn't necessarily mean most talented).

Also, I would also think TD gets in sometime... Sayers got in with worse stats, not to mention that TD has had a 2000 yd season and that his productivity largely catalyzed Elway's final superbowl runs. Seeing how kickers are rarely placed in the HoF i can see why you said no to Elam. But don't forget that he has been a VERY reliable kicker for years and kicked that one 63 yarder.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me Rod Smith is part of the Hall of Very Good. He was never an elite Top 5 receiver in the NFL (Just 3 Pro Bowls) and WRs have always struggled to get elected to Canton.

Jerry Rice has raised the bar even higher. Cris Carter and Tim Brown will get in as will Marvin Harrison. I think it will need 1,000 catches and 100tds for a WR to make it into Canton in the future. Rod Smith will be bunched in with the likes of Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell who were very good for a long time but are a notch below Canton. Their lack of Pro Bowls compared to Harrison, Carter and Brown will hurt.

As for Elam he will need to apparoach Morten Andersen career figures unless he can pull off a Vinitieri in one or two Superbowls.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

haha jay cutler ;) if champ bailey ever has another 9+ INT season, id have to say hes guaranteed the HOF. that would put him well over 50 picks.. i need to shore up on my stats records but not to many corners have had 50 picks if im rite.
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote