Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
so you're basing Denver getting better on drafting 2 rookies, one who couldn't keep his ass out of trouble? Tim Crowder would have been better than tossing in Thomas, but I don't know what the outcome of his injury was from the game the other night. Dre Bly is highly overrated and does nothing for the pass rush, so that was irrelevant. Culpepper is a journeyman now? Also if you would have paid attention to my statement you would notice the mention of Culpepper being able to roll out, a good sign that the knee has progressed. McCown, which you can't spell, was moved to WR by the Lions, I have little room to talk but when was the last time they made a good personnel decision? I'm not acting like anything has changed, you're just clueless talking about Raider football and shouldn't talk. You say the Ravens are set at QB, but for how long? Is McNair not an oft-injured player as well who's backed up by a bust QB in Boller, yeah you guys are perfect there.
Again its pathetic that you keep bringing up the Ravens in a discussion about the Raiders.

Yes Culpepper is a journeyman, 3 teams in the last 3 years would qualify that.

And finally by saying adding Dre Bly doesn't do anything to help the pass rush just shows your lack of football knowledge. By pairing Bly with Bailey, you know have 2 quality cover corners and the longer a QB has to wait for a receiver to get up and thus enabling the pass protection to break down and increase the chance of a sack or turnover.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Again its pathetic that you keep bringing up the Ravens in a discussion about the Raiders.

Yes Culpepper is a journeyman, 3 teams in the last 3 years would qualify that.

And finally by saying adding Dre Bly doesn't do anything to help the pass rush just shows your lack of football knowledge. By pairing Bly with Bailey, you know have 2 quality cover corners and the longer a QB has to wait for a receiver to get up and thus enabling the pass protection to break down and increase the chance of a sack or turnover.
Again like I said, Bly is overrated. I understand the concept you were going for but Bly is going to get picked on all season long because teams are going to throw opposite of Bailey, so it won't help the pass rush when teams are already going to plan on throwing Bly's way. It's even more pathetic that you attempted to discuss the Raiders knowing jack **** about the team. You have the reading comprehension of an 8 year old.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Again like I said, Bly is overrated. I understand the concept you were going for but Bly is going to get picked on all season long because teams are going to throw opposite of Bailey, so it won't help the pass rush when teams are already going to plan on throwing Bly's way. It's even more pathetic that you attempted to discuss the Raiders knowing jack **** about the team. You have the reading comprehension of an 8 year old.
I don't know the Raiders? Whats to know, Al Davis meddles to damn much in team affairs and changes coaches like he changes depends. Their QB position is in a flux with a suspect Andrew Walter and 2 journeymen in McCown and Pulpepper, they have no legitimate #1 receiver and their running game is questionable. The only bright spot for the franchise is the defense and once again they will have to depend on them to keep them in games. Thats the Raiders to a T in a nutshell. If you took off the homer glasses you could see that as well.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know the Raiders? Whats to know, Al Davis meddles to damn much in team affairs and changes coaches like he changes depends. Their QB position is in a flux with a suspect Andrew Walter and 2 journeymen in McCown and Pulpepper, they have no legitimate #1 receiver and their running game is questionable. The only bright spot for the franchise is the defense and once again they will have to depend on them to keep them in games. Thats the Raiders to a T in a nutshell. If you took off the homer glasses you could see that as well.
Al Davis let Lane put together his own staff, first time he's turned the reigns over in a while, but that debunks your first statement, again showing you're behind. The jury is still out on Walter because he played behind a horrendous line. Culpepper has won in this league and is 2 years removed from his injury and could regain form and McCown is servicable enough to run the hybrid west coast offense we're going for. Porter is their #1 receiver and has played the role before and fell shy of 1,000 yards, which is an ok year for a #1. Running game is very questionable no doubt and Jordan and Rhodes are not the answer. Joe Echemandu looks to be a great fit for the one cut sytem, but we'll have to see if that pans out in the regular season. Bush is a birght spot when he's healthy and could contribute this year. So this year is questionable but if a couple guys pan out we have a good 1-2 punch for the future. Yeah thinking my franchise is going in the right direction for making coaching improvements is really homerish, especially with me picking the 5 or 6 wins, i mean that's way out of line. Take off the idiot goggles and actually look into a team before you get diarrhea of the mouth about something you know nothing of.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Walter likely won't even make the team once they sign Russell. I'd say the jury is pretty settled with him as a Raider.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Al Davis let Lane put together his own staff, first time he's turned the reigns over in a while, but that debunks your first statement, again showing you're behind. The jury is still out on Walter because he played behind a horrendous line. Culpepper has won in this league and is 2 years removed from his injury and could regain form and McCown is servicable enough to run the hybrid west coast offense we're going for. Porter is their #1 receiver and has played the role before and fell shy of 1,000 yards, which is an ok year for a #1. Running game is very questionable no doubt and Jordan and Rhodes are not the answer. Joe Echemandu looks to be a great fit for the one cut sytem, but we'll have to see if that pans out in the regular season. Bush is a birght spot when he's healthy and could contribute this year. So this year is questionable but if a couple guys pan out we have a good 1-2 punch for the future. Yeah thinking my franchise is going in the right direction for making coaching improvements is really homerish, especially with me picking the 5 or 6 wins, i mean that's way out of line. Take off the idiot goggles and actually look into a team before you get diarrhea of the mouth about something you know nothing of.

You basically agree with my assessment and yet you still insult me. Very ironic? The Raiders are rebuilding without a doubt and will still have a top 10 pick come the draft so why are you arguing?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-15-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Andrew Walter likely won't even make the team once they sign Russell. I'd say the jury is pretty settled with him as a Raider.
i'm actually not that sure on that one, Walter has worked well with the first team and actually i'd say McCown and Walter are equally in danger of being cut, but i give a slight edge to McCown making the squad becuase of him having better mobility.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
You basically agree with my assessment and yet you still insult me. Very ironic? The Raiders are rebuilding without a doubt and will still have a top 10 pick come the draft so why are you arguing?
your assessment is spotty, right in some places and you're off in others, especially about the line and your huge concern about our WRs. Porter is a legit #1 and we have a lot of guys that can step up and help out behind him. Al Davis has changed this year soo far and has given Kiffin free will, much like he did with Gruden, so that's one of your behind areas. Also, you downplay Culpepper because of his injury, but haven't responded to the fact that he's moving the best he ever has since it occured, and if he's healthy tell me he's not a top 10-15 QB in the league.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i'm actually not that sure on that one, Walter has worked well with the first team and actually i'd say McCown and Walter are equally in danger of being cut, but i give a slight edge to McCown making the squad becuase of him having better mobility.
So McCown went from serviceable enough to run the offense for the Raiders to endanger of being cut in the span of less then 10 posts?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-15-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
your assessment is spotty, right in some places and you're off in others, especially about the line and your huge concern about our WRs. Porter is a legit #1 and we have a lot of guys that can step up and help out behind him. Al Davis has changed this year soo far and has given Kiffin free will, much like he did with Gruden, so that's one of your behind areas. Also, you downplay Culpepper because of his injury, but haven't responded to the fact that he's moving the best he ever has since it occured, and if he's healthy tell me he's not a top 10-15 QB in the league.
So your argument about Davis changing is based off of 6 months, giving Culpepper a clean bill of health after one preseason game with a couple of series against backups, and Porter being a legit #1 and yet you fail to mention he's the #1 by default. That my friend is a spotty assessment.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-15-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
So McCown went from serviceable enough to run the offense for the Raiders to endanger of being cut in the span of less then 10 posts?
yes because there is a log jam at QB and we're not going to carry 4. Both QBs have performed well with the first team, but I'm not ruling out McCown being cut. He is servicable enough to run the offense and so is Walter, but McCown has better mobility, but Walter has a better arm. It's called competition and having QBs capable of running what you need, both can do it, both would be servicable at best, but McCown has faster feet and that is an edge to him.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
So your argument about Davis changing is based off of 6 months, giving Culpepper a clean bill of health after one preseason game with a couple of series against backups, and Porter being a legit #1 and yet you fail to mention he's the #1 by default. That my friend is a spotty assessment.
6 months has brought a lot of change, new GM and football operations manager. Freddy B. left, Shell, Eatman, and Slater were booted. Kiffin installed his own staff minus Ryan, so yeah Davis has loosened up tremendously. I'm not giving Culpepper a clean bill of health, just stating he's looks a lot more mobile and can actually roll out this year. Porter's not #1 by default, Curry could have beaten him out and will actually play as a #1 in many situations because they like Porter in the slot. Truth is Porter likes Kiffin and the new offense and has worked his ass off to get the #1 spot.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1) Tom Coughlin

This one is a given. I'm still surprised that he wasn't fired last year, but I think with the Jerry Reese as the new GM he didn't want to totally shake up the roster. Coughlin is going to likely be the scapegoat on what is the start of a rebuilding project in New York. They have a decent group of young players, but their non-chalant attitude towards losing their LT and the possible retirement of Strahan indicate that this is a team looking to rebuild and still be competitive at the same time. That's a very hard thing to do, particularly when your own players don't buy into what you're saying.
The main players who didn't buy into what Coughlin was saying, sadly enough were Tiki and Strahan. We'll see, numerous players have already said the locker room is a lot more tight and together this year. Also, I don't see what the problem is with losing our LT. Like Reese said he was an injury prone marginal LT his whole career. And suprise, suprise, he hasn't made it out of camp yet with Tampa without already suffering more chronic back injuries.

Also the defensive players hated the scheme last year. Said it multiple times last year and so far this year. Thank god Tim Lewis is gone. They love Spagnuolo's more aggresive scheme he brought over from Philly.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 08-15-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The main players who didn't buy into what Coughlin was saying, sadly enough were Tiki and Strahan. We'll see, numerous players have already said the locker room is a lot more tight and together this year. Also, I don't see what the problem is with losing our LT. Like Reese said he was an injury prone marginal LT his whole career. And suprise, suprise, he hasn't made it out of camp yet with Tampa without already suffering more chronic back injuries.

Also the defensive players hated the scheme last year. Said it multiple times last year and so far this year. Thank god Tim Lewis is gone. They love Spagnuolo's more aggresive scheme he brought over from Philly.
I don't disagree with anything you said actually. It's very possible that the other players will buy into the scheme, but you have to admit that a lot of the 'leaders' left on the team don't exactly fit the mold of a stereotypical leader (Eli Manning, Jeremey Shockey). I won't include Plaxico because I find it hard to believe anyone on the team takes him seriously. On the other side of the ball Antonio Pierce seems to have good leadership skills, and Osi is probably the most talented player they have on the whole team, but at this point seems more worried about getting paid (not that it is atypical a lot of players).

I'm also not one to buy into the loss of Pettigout as a big loss because he wasn't that good anyway. My point on that end is that the Giants don't seem to concerned with keeping their older players around, and because of that it seems like they are trying to rebuild and remain competitive at the same time, which is never good for a coach's job security, especially one already in as deep of doo-doo as Coughlin is.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't disagree with anything you said actually. It's very possible that the other players will buy into the scheme, but you have to admit that a lot of the 'leaders' left on the team don't exactly fit the mold of a stereotypical leader (Eli Manning, Jeremey Shockey). I won't include Plaxico because I find it hard to believe anyone on the team takes him seriously. On the other side of the ball Antonio Pierce seems to have good leadership skills, and Osi is probably the most talented player they have on the whole team, but at this point seems more worried about getting paid (not that it is atypical a lot of players).

I'm also not one to buy into the loss of Pettigout as a big loss because he wasn't that good anyway. My point on that end is that the Giants don't seem to concerned with keeping their older players around, and because of that it seems like they are trying to rebuild and remain competitive at the same time, which is never good for a coach's job security, especially one already in as deep of doo-doo as Coughlin is.
Antonio Pierce like you said is undeniably the leader of the defense. I don't know what you mean about Osi worrying about getting paid. He signed a fat contract extension before last season that has him locked up for a long time. As for leaders on offense, you are probably right. We kind of don't have one. Toomer is the most underrated Giants in history probably. I would want all young guys following his example. Hopefully he stays healthy this year. Jacobs also seems to be stepping up, weird enough as that is. He is very pro Coughlin and his coaching staff. As is Pierce. And Jacobs can certainly get guys fired up.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote