Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 05-22-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.
Default 2007 Prediction Game

It's really not a game, I was merely tricking you into opening this topic and seeing if people still posted here.

Its dry this time of the year, so maybe we can get some questions going. Once you have answered the ones I have listed, add one or two of your own for others to answer. Maybe we can get something going.

Over / Under

Jets win 10 games this year.

Pennington throws for over 3,700 yards and has 21+ TDs. (3,300ish last year and 17 TDS)

Thomas Jones has at least 1,300 rushing yards.

The Jets will have 3 players in the Pro Bowl.

Fact or Fiction

Brad Smith will score a TD this season.

Vilma will not struggle in the 3-4.

Pennington starts all 16 games this season.

Jets will win the division.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Over / Under
Jets win 10 games this year. OVER
Pennington throws for over 3,700 yards and has 21+ TDs. (3,300ish last year and 17 TDS) OVER
Thomas Jones has at least 1,300 rushing yards.OVER
The Jets will have 3 players in the Pro Bowl.UNDER

Fact or Fiction
Brad Smith will score a TD this season.FACT
Vilma will not struggle in the 3-4.FACT
Pennington starts all 16 games this season. FACT
Jets will win the division. FICTION

Additional Over/Under
The starters on the Defensive line will have 13 sacks this year

Addtional Fact or Fiction
The Jets will beat the Patriots at least once this season

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Over / Under
Pennington throws for over 3,700 yards and has 21+ TDs. (3,300ish last year and 17 TDS) OVER
Thomas Jones has at least 1,300 rushing yards.OVER
The Jets will have 3 players in the Pro Bowl.PUSH
The starters on the Defensive line will have 13 sacks this year UNDER

Fact or Fiction
Brad Smith will score a TD this season.UNDER
Vilma will not struggle in the 3-4.FICTION
Jets will win the division. FACT
The Jets will beat the Patriots at least once this seasonFACT

Additional Over Under

Jets will go 4-2 in divisional games this year

Additional Fact or Fiction

The Giants will beat the Jets in the regular season game this year.

Last edited by AlexDown : 05-22-2007 at 03:02 PM.
AlexDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Over / Under

Jets win 10 games this year. Under. I see us with 8-9 wins, not 10.

Pennington throws for over 3,700 yards and has 21+ TDs. Under. Penny doesn't have the arm for big throws, and I don't want our offense throwing a million short passes. We should be a run based offense. I'm going to say around 3400 yards. Touchdowns... hmm... that's a toughy. I'll go with about 19 (I see the biggest change in his number of Int's. I expect them to go WAY down, which will be a huge bonus to our offense and defense).

Thomas Jones has at least 1,300 rushing yards. Over. As I said, I think we should be a run based offense. Our offensive line will be much better, as the rookies have a year of experience, and the line has had a year to gel. I see 1400 - 1500 yards.

The Jets will have 3 players in the Pro Bowl. I'm guessing that's almost exactly right. Assuming Miller isn't suspended for a long period of time, I see Penny/coles/TJ/Vilma all having a small shot, Miller making it, and Kerry Rhodes making his well deserved debut in the Pro Bowl.

Fact or Fiction

Brad Smith will score a TD this season. Fact. I see us utilizing his skills a lot more. I'm assuming that a throwing TD counts, however.

Vilma will not struggle in the 3-4. Fact and Fiction. At the end of the year (last 3-4 games) it looked like he was starting to get the hang of it. I'm guessing the first 4 or 5 games he will struggle again, but then will start to get the hang of it again. By week 10 I'm expecting he'll be playing very strongly, and all doubters shall be quiet.

Pennington starts all 16 games this season. Fiction. Even after last year, I just have this bad feeling about him. I love Penny, but if his shoulder so much as gets breathed on, I'll be huddled over in my chair out of fear.

Jets will win the division. Fiction. New England has given Brady two very good WR's assuming they stay healthy, and corner, as of right now, is still not our strong suit. They also picked up AD to help the defense, and I'm going to assume Samuel plays, and plays well.

Last edited by frogstomp : 05-22-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are one tricky guy AlexDown. I do still post here, and I'd love to get something going.

Over / Under

Jets win 10 games this year. EVEN

Pennington throws for over 3,700 yards and has 21+ TDs. (3,300ish last year and 17 TDS) JUST UNDER

Thomas Jones has at least 1,300 rushing yards. OVER

The Jets will have 3 players in the Pro Bowl. UNDER

The starters on the Defensive line will have 13 sacks this year OVER

Jets will go 4-2 in divisional games this year EVEN

Fact or Fiction

Brad Smith will score a TD this season. FACT

Vilma will not struggle in the 3-4. FICTION

The Jets will beat the Patriots at least once this season FACT

The Giants will beat the Jets in the regular season game this year FICTION

Additional O/U:

Darrelle Revis will intercept 4 passes this season.

Additional Fact or Fiction:

David Harris will have more tackles than Jonathan Vilma.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Over / Under

Pennington throws for over 3,700 yards and has 21+ TDs. (3,300ish last year and 17 TDS) Over and Under

Thomas Jones has at least 1,300 rushing yards. OVER

The Jets will have 3 players in the Pro Bowl. EVEN

The starters on the Defensive line will have 13 sacks this year. UNDER

Jets will go 4-2 in divisional games this year OVER

Darrelle Revis will intercept 4 passes this season. FACT

Fact or Fiction

Vilma will not struggle in the 3-4. FICTION. he will improve and be the top 34 ML next year though

Jets will win the division. FACT

David Harris will have more tackles than Jonathan Vilma. FICTION

Both Coles and Cotchery will have over 1000 yards this year. FACT
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go with fact for your additional fact or fiction. But I don't see us getting much receiving yardage from anyone else.

Over/Under: Leon Washington will run for 500 yards

Fact/Fiction: Thomas Jones will be the 3rd or 4th leading receiver on the team.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

im gonna go with over for leon getting 500 yards; he average a little under 10 carries a game (151) and I think while he wont get as many he'll definately see over 100 carries next season. I feel his avg. will climb to the high 4's instead of the low 4's due to thomas jones wearing down the defense, hopefully, and breaking off a few long runs with his more ellusive style of running. I am going to go with fact that leon will be the 3rd or 4th receiver on the team; I def see his receptions going up with a lot more screen plays.
Due to schottenheimer's schemes, depending on who we play, i see leon getting like 13 carries and no reception one game and maybe 2 or 3 carries and 4 receptions another, it's not gonna be a solid 8 carries a game but more based on the offensive scheme of that week. So if TJ is rushing the hell outta the ball and leon's screen plays are winning us games than leon's carries will drop, however that having been said i still see leon getting above 500 yds on the ground and getting close to 500 yds receiving.

Fact or Fiction: Leon will get 1000 yds receiving and rushing combined.

Over/Under: Pellot-Rosa, Renard Stevens and Chansi Stuckey will combine to contribute 300 yds and 4 tds over the course of the year.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Last edited by BroadwayJoe10 : 05-27-2007 at 05:05 PM.
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Fiction he'll get just under, 800-1000 total.

Over on both if you count running and passing TD's for Smith.

Fact or fiction: Pellot-Rosa makes the team

Over/Under: Kellen Clemens attempts 50 passes this year
Old 05-28-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Vilma the Animal
Veteran

Vilma the Animal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Over / Under

Jets win 10 games this year. PUSH

Pennington throws for over 3,700 yards and has 21+ TDs. (3,300ish last year and 17 TDS)UNDER

Thomas Jones has at least 1,300 rushing yards. PUSH (TJ+Leon=considerably over)

The Jets will have 3 players in the Pro Bowl. UNDER-PUSH (Kerry and Miller/Vilma/Coles/TJ)

The starters on the Defensive line will have 13 sacks this year. UNDER

Jets will go 4-2 in divisional games this year PUSH

Darrelle Revis will intercept 4 passes this season. FACT (He will be thrown to a lot as a rookie, and will also allow a bunch of catches)

Fact or Fiction

Vilma will not struggle in the 3-4. FACT.

Pennington starts all 16 games this season. FICTION (I think he'll start the majority, but most NFL QBs don't end up starting all 16 so thats an unrealistic expectation in my mind)

David Harris will have more tackles than Jonathan Vilma. FICTION

Both Coles and Cotchery will have over 1000 yards this year. FACT (Both on the brink though, just like last year)

Pellot-Rosa makes the team. Looking like a fact (hopefully)

Kellen attempts 50 passes this year. FACT (but just by a little, the coaches I think have said they want to get him more PT this year, and anyway we have to find out what we're working with. He'll get some late game snaps.)

DChess...youre the man!
Vilma the Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Over / Under

Jets win 10 games this year. UNDER

Pennington throws for over 3,700 yards and has 21+ TDs. (3,300ish last year and 17 TDS) UNDER

Thomas Jones has at least 1,300 rushing yards. UNDER

Fact or Fiction

Pennington starts all 16 games this season. FICTION

Wow, I obviously am not brimming with optimism this offseason...
Old 05-29-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Vilma the Animal
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031 View Post
Over / Under

Jets win 10 games this year. UNDER

Pennington throws for over 3,700 yards and has 21+ TDs. (3,300ish last year and 17 TDS) UNDER

Thomas Jones has at least 1,300 rushing yards. UNDER

Fact or Fiction

Pennington starts all 16 games this season. FICTION

Wow, I obviously am not brimming with optimism this offseason...
What's wrong, why so pessimistic?

DChess...youre the man!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilma the Animal View Post
What's wrong, why so pessimistic?
Eh, really the only one that's easy to question is Jones going under 1300, and I'm sure there's a reason for that. The other two I could see myself disagreeing with are 3 Pro Bowlers, where I tend to agree with him actually, and Penny starting all sixteen which is basically a coinflip in my eyes.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Vilma the Animal
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Eh, really the only one that's easy to question is Jones going under 1300, and I'm sure there's a reason for that. The other two I could see myself disagreeing with are 3 Pro Bowlers, where I tend to agree with him actually, and Penny starting all sixteen which is basically a coinflip in my eyes.
I also agree about those two, there's almost no way Penny starts all 16 in my mind. Thats not me saying he'll have a terrible injury or be out for the season, but as I said before most NFL QBs don't make it all 16 games, theres just so much wear and tear. Plus, hopefully we'll be in a position to give him some rest week 17 :-).

DChess...youre the man!
Old 05-30-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Jones thing is really on the border. I personally don't expect him to be run into the ground enough to grind out 1300/1400 yards. We have a very deep backfield going into the season. 1300 actually seems like the perfect number, but going over seemed to be on the Curtis Martin type scale.

And come on, 16 games for Pennington again? Not only just because of his injury history, but if the team is not very successful and Pennington is in the middle, Clemens could easily become the starter mid season.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031 View Post
The Jones thing is really on the border. I personally don't expect him to be run into the ground enough to grind out 1300/1400 yards. We have a very deep backfield going into the season. 1300 actually seems like the perfect number, but going over seemed to be on the Curtis Martin type scale.

And come on, 16 games for Pennington again? Not only just because of his injury history, but if the team is not very successful and Pennington is in the middle, Clemens could easily become the starter mid season.
Like I said, I'd give Pennington playing 16 about a coinflip, and that's probably being pretty generous (alright, very generous). I could see it happening because Mangini is committed to him and he does play through injuries at times, plus I think if he gets hurt this season his career is pretty much over and he knows that. But your points were completely valid and I agree with both.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Over / Under

Jets win 10 games this year. Ummm i think they'll win 10 so... even?

Pennington throws for over 3,700 yards and has 21+ TDs. (3,300ish last year and 17 TDS) Under

Thomas Jones has at least 1,300 rushing yards. Under

The Jets will have 3 players in the Pro Bowl. Under

Fact or Fiction

Brad Smith will score a TD this season. Fact

Vilma will not struggle in the 3-4. Fact

Pennington starts all 16 games this season. Fiction

Jets will win the division. Fiction