Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll never forget that Randleplex on Fedor, how Fedor recovered to win that match I will never know, he should have had a broken neck!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fedor is part robot, you didn't know that yet?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even a robot wouldn't survive that, he's something different altogether...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a cyborg sent from outter space. He shows no emotion, he shows no weakness, and he was built to kill! The only thing human Ive heard/seen about Fedor is that he has a pet turtle.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know Fedor does drink Napalm mixed with gasoline when he has a stomach ache.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can we just call him optimus prime?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very surprised by these charges.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
can we just call him optimus prime?
He is better then Optimus prime because he doesn't need to transform into a ass kicking machine he is a living one. Anti-bacterial soaps kill 99.9% of germs, Fedor kills 100% of what ever he wants to.

Frank Trigg said it best on Shockwave 2005

"In the USA there is some laboratory that has something in a test tube and it is trying to be able to beat Fedor" (a little bit of a paraphrase)

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 08-23-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll suck BIG-TIME if Fedor signs with another organization other then UFC.

I've heard K1 is pushing VERY hard for him and have offered him a sweet deal.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

same I hope it isn't so, UFC offered the best $ I heard but he wants to bring his friends over and Dana doesn't want that. Personally if I was Dana I would bring them over, then treat them like sacraficial lambs so they probably won't be in the league long and the UFC keeps Fedor. It will be a waste of the baddest thing on the face of the earth to have it not in the UFC.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
I'll never forget that Randleplex on Fedor, how Fedor recovered to win that match I will never know, he should have had a broken neck!
Recover? Did it even faze him? It didn't look like it did.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Sorry. Double.

Last edited by bwillie26 : 08-23-2007 at 11:50 PM.
bwillie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillie26 View Post
Recover? Did it even faze him? It didn't look like it did.
all i know is, if it were the rest of us, pretty sure we'd be dead.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
all i know is, if it were the rest of us, pretty sure we'd be dead.
Exactly, hes learned how to take a fall on his head most of us would try to stop it or get in the wrong position and our necks would snap.

Also the only thing stopping Fedor from coming to the UFC is Dana needs to let him compete in Sambo tournaments still. Thats the only hold up from what I hear. Other than that he'd get the most money with the UFC and an instant title shot.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Haven't been in here in a while. Is anyone in MMAplayground?
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Exactly, hes learned how to take a fall on his head most of us would try to stop it or get in the wrong position and our necks would snap.

Also the only thing stopping Fedor from coming to the UFC is Dana needs to let him compete in Sambo tournaments still. Thats the only hold up from what I hear. Other than that he'd get the most money with the UFC and an instant title shot.
I hope Dana lets him, Fedor is the premier fighter in MMA I hope he gets into now what the best league is.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see Couture vs Fedor, if anyone can beat him I have faith that The Natural can pull something out, that is my dream fight right there

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

That fight would be way to much like Rocky 5. A old fighter who is good but out of his prime against a Russian who is part robot.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is anyone else pumped for this Gonzaga/Couture fight?

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For sure, watching the preview show on spike now.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Is anyone else pumped for this Gonzaga/Couture fight?
Defintely, Couture is one of my absolute favorites. Gonzaga is going to be a tough cookie though. I think Couture is going to have to wear him out and take the fight into the late rounds to grind out a win. For a 40+ year old Randy has amazing cardio.

I am also excited about the GSP vs Kos match, I am a huge GSP fan but I think he has too many mental/personal problems and I hate to say it but I think Kos will grind out a boring and unimpressive win.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CCB, have you heard Lesnar and all the crap hes talking?

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
CCB, have you heard Lesnar and all the crap hes talking?
Yes, I think its a gimmick to get Dana to sign him. Lesnar reminds me of the HW version of Josh Koscheck. Though his wrestling is elite he doesnt have the other skills necessary yet. He should follow the same path Koscheck has instead of going right at the top guys. Though I think he probably could beat Tim Sylvia like he says because Tim gets by on his sprawl and I think Lesnar could just power through that. I think Lesnar against someone like Big Nog would be a nightmare for Brock beacuse there is no way he has the submission defense skills yet necessary to win agianst a guy like Nog.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Defintely, Couture is one of my absolute favorites. Gonzaga is going to be a tough cookie though. I think Couture is going to have to wear him out and take the fight into the late rounds to grind out a win. For a 40+ year old Randy has amazing cardio.

I am also excited about the GSP vs Kos match, I am a huge GSP fan but I think he has too many mental/personal problems and I hate to say it but I think Kos will grind out a boring and unimpressive win.
Yea, I'm almost more excited to see the GSP match, i want him to knock Kos on his ass.

Anyone know how much the price for the pay per view to that is?

EDIT* it's $40

Jets will not take McFadden...

Last edited by nvot9 : 08-24-2007 at 01:37 PM.
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Yea, I'm almost more excited to see the GSP match, i want him to knock Kos on his ass.

Anyone know how much the price for the pay per view to that is?
Most likely $39.95. But if you have good internet searching skills I am sure you can find it for about $39.95 cheaper than that.