Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Everyone likes the Bears...

....and I don't like it.

There's nothing to argue about anymore. The media is sucking at our collective tit...everyone is madly in love with Rex Grossman...even I'm tired of the nightly story about how we're dominating the freakin' Bills on Sportscenter. Yes we're 5-0, yes we have a good team, yes we have a very easy schedule, but will someone doubt us please? I've got nothing to argue about or even care for the next month till we play the Giants in New York. Even Michael Irvin, a guy that hates teams like Chicago, has us as his best team. Blah. Where are Packer homers when you need them? Where is bigblue and his disrepect towards the cover 2? Hell, I still don't think Grossman is much of an upgrade over J.P Losman.

I still hope we cream the Cardinals though. :twisted:

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:05 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Nope, I was on the bandwagon before everyone and I'm not getting off.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's still October.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:07 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Everyone likes the Bears...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
....and I don't like it.

There's nothing to argue about anymore. The media is sucking at our collective tit...everyone is madly in love with Rex Grossman...even I'm tired of the nightly story about how we're dominating the freakin' Bills on Sportscenter. Yes we're 5-0, yes we have a good team, yes we have a very easy schedule, but will someone doubt us please? I've got nothing to argue about or even care for the next month till we play the Giants in New York. Even Michael Irvin, a guy that hates teams like Chicago, has us as his best team. Blah. Where are Packer homers when you need them? Where is bigblue and his disrepect towards the cover 2? Hell, I still don't think Grossman is much of an upgrade over J.P Losman.

I still hope we cream the Cardinals though. :twisted:
Agreed on every note except for your Grossman comment. JP Losman 51...While he is overachieving he's better than Losman, and there's no question about that.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moc182
That's another thing. **** all these fairweather media fans and types that are ga-ga over us.

Tom Jackson: "The only question about Rex Grossman was if he could stay healthy".

THE ONLY QUESTION? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

How about the fact that he only started 7 games?

How about the fact that he hopes around in the pocket like a mexican jumping bean?

How about the fact that he tends to throw the ball directly into the chest cavities of opposing defenders.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very impressed by what he's done so far, but to act like all these people liked Grossman before the season is just ********. Sean Salisbury too. Just shut up.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing that concerns me about the Bears:

1. How they were dismantled by the Panthers in the playoffs last year. That is not a good sign, they look unprepared, at home.

2. Grossman has the tenedency to makes mistakes, it's part of the high reward, big risk of how Turner uses him. Either it works great, but it may backfire at times.

Other than that, they are as balanced a team as any other. They are the team to beat, but I wouldn't buy Super Bowl tickets. But I like there chances more than last year's flavor of October, the Colts.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:11 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
The only thing that concerns me about the Bears:

1. How they were dismantled by the Panthers in the playoffs last year. That is not a good sign, they look unprepared, at home.
2. Grossman has the tenedency to makes mistakes, it's part of the high reward, big risk of how Turner uses him. Either it works great, but it may backfire at times.

Other than that, they are as balanced a team as any other. They are the team to beat, but I wouldn't buy Super Bowl tickets. But I like there chances more than last year's flavor of October, the Colts.
Some of the reason we drafted Manning, and why we signed Manning Jr. and Wesley.

I agree w. the Grossman thing, now I know he isnt like Bret Favre, but he sorta does the same things at times. High risk/High Reward like you said

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Bears' success, it's keeping the "inferior" Colts under the radar.

Please keep racking up those useless style points, Urlacher and company.

PS. Plus I'm glad Lovie Smith is increasing his contract extension by the win from the front office that refused to get it done earlier. He's now in 7-8 per territory.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:14 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by moc182
That's another thing. *********** all these fairweather media fans and types that are ga-ga over us.

Tom Jackson: "The only question about Rex Grossman was if he could stay healthy".

THE ONLY QUESTION? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

How about the fact that he only started 7 games?

How about the fact that he hopes around in the pocket like a mexican jumping bean?

How about the fact that he tends to throw the ball directly into the chest cavities of opposing defenders.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very impressed by what he's done so far, but to act like all these people liked Grossman before the season is just ***********. Sean Salisbury too. Just shut up.
Hey now...I was on the Rexy bandwagon from day one, and you can verfiy that 51. :D I mean I basically got plastered in the team forum for sticking up for Rex. What I do like though is that we've got Griese behind him as a security blanket.

We've won 5 games, whoopdy ******* dooo....Give us a cookie. We haven't proven anything yet. Sure we've got a talented team but after last year's playoffs, I'm keeping my mouth shut.

And btw, if you're wondering who voted no for the Bears being the best team in the NFL, I was the one who vote no.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan54
I agree w. the Grossman thing, now I know he isnt like Bret Favre, but he sorta does the same things at times. High risk/High Reward like you said
I wish Greg "take a" Knapp used Vick like Turner uses Grossman. :x

OT

Old 10-16-2006, 07:22 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan54

OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:23 PM    (permalink
raiderfan4life
Rookie

raiderfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Solid Offense + Great Defense = SB XLI
raiderfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan4life
Solid Offense + Great Defense = SB XLI

They have the ingredients, no doubt about it.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are the best team right now, but I don't know if they can beat the Panthers in the playoffs.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:25 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They have the ingredients, no doubt about it.
No doubt, no doubt in my mind.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I lol'ed.

But seriously, I'm having trouble imagining the Atlanta WRs making the catches Berrian has made this year - Jenkins had his chance on Sunday, and he missed. Maybe Lelie, who from what I've seen of the Falcons this year looks to be the most sure-handed.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I agree, it's ugly, that Jenkins drop was the low point of the year for me. Ashley Lelie went from a disappointing, expendable WR in Denver, to the most sure handed WR in Atlanta.

Then again, I cannot see how a 2,900-yard, 7 YPA, 13 YPC, 2:1 TD2INT ratio QB, can regress like he has. Something is very wrong, the O-Line cannot pass protect, the receivers cannot catch, and the Quarterback doesn't trust the scheme. Seriously, not one component deserves blame, the whole offense is lost.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

(not to derail the thread . . . )

Mora Jr. has already singled it out as a disappointment, so I suspect it will be a vested point of development in the coming days and weeks.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I hope so, something has to change.

Any way, back on topic, the love for the Bears is justified. But it's way too early for any kind of prognostication as the playoffs are concerned.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

You mean like Iron Mike Ditka comparing them to the '85 team in the MNF intro?
Old 10-16-2006, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Well, okay, I will quantify that statement:

"best team in the NFL"
"team to beat"

= Acceptable

"They are going run the table"
"They are on par with the '85 Bears"

= Not accpetable

Old 10-16-2006, 07:55 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
I love the Bears' success, it's keeping the "inferior" Colts under the radar.

Please keep racking up those useless style points, Urlacher and company.

PS. Plus I'm glad Lovie Smith is increasing his contract extension by the win from the front office that refused to get it done earlier. He's now in 7-8 per territory.
Agreed, I didn't like it when the colts were expected of so much. Now teams aren't seeing them as good as they used to be. When you go into the playoffs with homefield advantage everyone is thinking that they got to do something different.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:56 PM    (permalink
SevenNationArmy

If the Bears are so great how come they just got owned by Matt Leinart?
Old 10-16-2006, 07:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenNationArmy
Becuase we aren't that great. And becuase **** happens sometimes. That is completely my point, although the reverse reaction is just as stupid. Just because the Cardinals had a drive on us doesn't make us a bad defense either. It's that kneejerk reaction that pisses me off.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:03 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenNationArmy
Shut the **** up....

Quote: