Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 08-22-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Gang Green
Pro Bowler

Gang Green hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default What are we missing?

What are the Jets missing to become a superbowl caliber team?

In my humble opinion:

1. A strong armed QB
2. A DT that can stop the run
3. A tall, fast WR (Limas Sweed to the Jets?)
Old 08-25-2007, 03:35 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gang Green View Post
What are the Jets missing to become a superbowl caliber team?

In my humble opinion:

1. A strong armed QB
2. A DT that can stop the run
3. A tall, fast WR (Limas Sweed to the Jets?)
4. The 3/5ths of the offensive line the Jets didn't draft in 2006.
5. A top quality TE.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think only the 2/5... because i really like moore... although he doesn't maul guys he does a solid job and rarely gets beat...
Old 08-25-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think WR is the least important position in football, I honestly don't like the idea of spending a first round draft pick on one, at least not while we're still rebuilding. I think again, building on the line in the first round would be very smart. Last year we got two play makers, lets go with some role players again this year. I think an NT (depending on how dewayne does this year) or an RT/ G would be definite first round need. If there's a TE with Greg Olsen/Vernon Davis talent, that might be a good pick too.

I don't think QB is a need at all either, Clemens has been very solid this pre-season, and I think he'll see some action this year, if after this year, we still don't think he can cut it, then we should discuss a QB, but not yet.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote