Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:47 PM    (permalink
thegame26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej
I'd say put in Campbell. I still don't know why the Redskins are so bad.
easy because we have a sorry defense and a sorry offense
Old 10-15-2006, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame26
i still dont understand how you only give portis the ball 14 times, saunders needs to be shot
I hope Saunders continues to use this type of ingenious offensive philosophy nest week.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i still dont understand how you only give portis the ball 14 times, saunders needs to be shot
The Titans run defense isn't any good either, especially without Haynesworth. Saunders is known to KC fans for out-thinking himself and being unwilling to go with the smart play choice over the more aggressive one.

I don't get how Gibbs can bench Ramsey after a quarter, but stick with Brunell no matter what.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:54 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't get how Gibbs can bench Ramsey after a quarter, but stick with Brunell no matter what.

"He's a competitor"

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:59 PM    (permalink
thegame26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777
Quote:
The Titans run defense isn't any good either, especially without Haynesworth. Saunders is known to KC fans for out-thinking himself and being unwilling to go with the smart play choice over the more aggressive one.

Well odly enough this is the only reason i know that jason campbell will get a fair chance, he benched ramsey cause he didnt like him and he wasnt joe gibbs QB brunell is and campbell is was a hand picked qb by gibbs so he is gonna get his shot but it wont be until we lose our 10th game and that should be in about 7 weeks
Old 10-15-2006, 09:59 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77
Don't get your hopes up bronco fans.. You won't be gettin our pick.. The deal was that we COULD exchange picks IF it equaled a 3rd rounder.. At the most being 1 or 2 spots.. You won't be getting our #1 pick...
I thought the Broncos got the right to swap picks, so if the Redskins finished lower they get the Skins pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77
Don't get your hopes up bronco fans.. You won't be gettin our pick.. The deal was that we COULD exchange picks IF it equaled a 3rd rounder.. At the most being 1 or 2 spots.. You won't be getting our #1 pick...
I thought the Broncos got the right to swap picks, so if the Redskins finished lower they get the Skins pick.
Its not that simple, depending on where the Skins end up the Broncos could get a 3rd and a 4th instead. There is a whole different set of outcomes depending on where the Skins end up drafting.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:13 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Quote:

"He's a competitor"

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a Redskins fan at all, but I cannot see Gibbs giving up on Brunell until the 7th or 8 th game. 7 or 8 starts would easily be enough to prepare Campbell for next season. Coaches like Gibbs and Parcells won't give up on a season until they are absolutely sure they cannot make the playoffs.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:29 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why they all but abandoned the run.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:37 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Campbell is the future and the 'Skins aren't making the playoffs. Brunell is slightly injured and is too old.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite
I don't know why they all but abandoned the run.
Vintage Al Saunders. Reminds me of the Buffalo game last year when Roaf was out. Schobel was owning Jordan Black and Green was running for his life and Saunders wouldn't run LJ. We lost.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:55 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777
Brunell sucks and the Redskins have almost no chance of seeing the postseason. Start Campbell and see what you have in him.

If the Skins drop too many games and Campbell sucks, they can draft a qb with their high draft pick....oh wait thats going to Denver. Well at least they have Duckett.
That deal was one of th dumbest things. The skins could have a top 5-10 pick, but the Broncs will be picking there...

Anyway, I say put in Cambell.

cause the skins are stupid, they do that every year, always trade their first rd pick knowing good and well its a chance they could use it...they will do the same thing this year, they will trade a 2nd rd after this draft to get back into the first....

not going to be fair the broncos as good as they are get that high of a pick, what a steal, they can take bpa at that point....

if i were gibbs id play cambell, alot of times something new sparks a team into playing better, he does have weapons to use, for all they know he ends up playing better...if not at draft time they wont take a qb, but they know where they stand as far as cambells progress

*edit* forgot to add

@ all the money they spent again in the offseason

7 receptions, 127 yds and no td's....

what a way to spend 29 million, and a 3rd and 4th rd draftpick

honestly, did they not think they could of found a wr at 1000x better value in the 3rd rd, and went defense in the 4th, that was extremely too much for a WR who only topped out at 700 yds in his best year, sorry but if i was a skins fan i would be sick at the way they did business in the offseason....

always trading away picks, and over spending, in the worst way

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

The Skins just signed Troy Vincent. Somehow I doubt it will fix that secondary unless they are going to use him to replace Archuleta.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=21078
Old 10-16-2006, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This off-season showed why the Redskins will not be a serious contender with Snyder at the helm:

Brandon Lloyd
Antwan Randle-El
Adam Archuleta
Andre Carter
TJ Duckett

They overspent for all of them, and have received little production.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
This off-season showed why the Redskins will not be a serious contender with Snyder at the helm:

Brandon Lloyd
Antwan Randle-El
Adam Archuleta
Andre Carter
TJ Duckett

They overspent for all of them, and have received little production.
Lloyd would be good if Brunell could throw downfield we saw with his 60 yard catch yesterday that if thrown to he can pull it down. Randle was overpayed but he has been solid with the few chances he's had. Arch was way overpaying he sux Ryan Clark was better and 21 million cheaper. Andre Carter is starting to pick it up and should have around 10 sacks by years end, and Duckett well I'm not even gonna say anything.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:17 PM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Redskins will have their top 10 pick.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9616229
"Depending on how each team fares this season, the two teams also could wind up swapping first-round picks, but only if Washington is scheduled to pick between No. 21 and No. 31 and Denver's first-round draft position is even higher. Unlikely, though not impossible."
Old 10-16-2006, 04:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFootball

"Depending on how each team fares this season, the two teams also could wind up swapping first-round picks, but only if Washington is scheduled to pick between No. 21 and No. 31 and Denver's first-round draft position is even higher. Unlikely, though not impossible."

You have made my day.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:55 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettosermon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFootball

You have made my day.

I hate you.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Burned_By_Santana
Veteran

Burned_By_Santana hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Umm...I agree with the guy who said start Randle El. By the way...someone stole my GD avatar. BURN BABY BURN! :twisted:

Start McIntosh too while you're at it. Holdman cant hold my nut sack.

Burned_By_Santana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's interesting about Washington, not willing to play the young guys.

Whereas you see good teams like the Patriots, Colts, Bears, etc. do so continually.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:12 PM    (permalink
thegame26

Joe Gibbs said today that if he thought that Brunell was the main problem he would bench him in a heart beat. I hate brunell as much as the next guy but honestly its the defenses fault we suck so bad.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:05 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

REDSKINS WILL STILL WIN THE SUPERBOWL, WATCH!

:)

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Go_Eli
Veteran

Go_Eli hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Joe Gibbs said today that if he thought that Brunell was the main problem he would bench him in a heart beat. I hate brunell as much as the next guy but honestly its the defenses fault we suck so bad.
When your offense can't do anything, its their fault. They could be doing so much more, but its coaching and execution.
Go_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:27 AM    (permalink
manning18
Rookie

manning18 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why does it matter? It's not like they're gonna win.

J/k but I would give Brunell his last chance this game.

Kellen Lewis=The next Troy Smith
manning18 is offline   Reply With Quote