Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:34 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

No and im not just saying that because of the last 3 hours the media has overhyped another team. ESPN was all over the Bears in their NFL coverage on the cover of ESPN Magizine and all they talk about is how good this bears team is, kind of like how ESPN overhyped the Jags after week 2 when they beat Dallas and Pittsburgh.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:52 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think the Bears are one of, if not the, best team in the NFC. But I think people drooled over them too fast. All the 16-0 talk was ridiculous. While I think the Bears are one of the best, I think they have to prove that they are the best in the playoffs, because that regular season schedule isn't going to prove much. I wouldn't put too much into the loss though, only one team has ever gone 16-0.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:56 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
I still think the Bears are one of, if not the, best team in the NFC. But I think people drooled over them too fast. All the 16-0 talk was ridiculous. While I think the Bears are one of the best, I think they have to prove that they are the best in the playoffs, because that regular season schedule isn't going to prove much. I wouldn't put too much into the loss though, only one team has ever gone 16-0.
Spoke too soon, Wow. :shock:
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenNationArmy
If the Bears are so great how come they just got owned by Matt Leinart?
If the Bears weren't great how the **** did they just win that game?

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:25 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
Quote:
If the Bears weren't great how the *********** did they just win that game?
Do you honestly think that you outplayed us?
Old 10-16-2006, 11:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
We barely squeked out a win against a ****** Cards team. I'm glad we're 6-0, but there is a lot to be worried about, especially if Mike Brown is hurt for a while.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew Rex, with his play style, would have a lousy game eventually. But I didn't expect it to be this bad. :shock: Now we will see how he bounces back, hopefully for the Bears, this is the exception as opposed to the rule.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:27 PM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Quote:
We barely squeked out a win against a *********** Cards team. I'm glad we're 6-0, but there is a lot to be worried about, especially if Mike Brown is hurt for a while.
That should be a concern right there.
YoJoeBucsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:28 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somewhere, the Bidwells cry. Because since there has been football, the Bears > Cardinals.

And somewhere, Mike Ditka is cheering his head off via multiple joyful expletives.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
I knew Rex, with his play style, would have a lousy game eventually. But I didn't expect it to be this bad. :shock: Now we will see how he bounces back, hopefully for the Bears, this is the exception as opposed to the rule.
It only takes one bad game in the playoffs and THAT is why I don't like Rex. Same reason I don't like Eli Manning. Sometimes he just makes throws that have no f'n sense at all.

Old 10-16-2006, 11:32 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
It only takes one bad game in the playoffs and THAT is why I don't like Rex. Same reason I don't like Eli Manning. Sometimes he just makes throws that have no f'n sense at all.
We're going to live and die with Rexy whether we want to or not. I know Rex is a capable QB and I know he's better than what he showed.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:41 PM    (permalink
cgf

Quote:
Quote:
The only issue with Eli was that last year he got exhausted later in the season. He's very clutch and if he could stay calm early in road games he'd already be a top tier QB.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I just want to note that the poll was

17 yes 4 no

Before the game started.

Votes taken since then are

4 yes 11 no

Bandwaggoning is fun.

Old 10-16-2006, 11:43 PM    (permalink
cgf

I voted yes
Old 10-16-2006, 11:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Quote:
The only issue with Eli was that last year he got exhausted later in the season. He's very clutch and if he could stay calm early in road games he'd already be a top tier QB.
His game against the Seahawks was pathetic. Every once in a while Eli plays a terrible game. Same as Rex.

Old 10-16-2006, 11:54 PM    (permalink
cgf

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Quote:
His game against the Seahawks was pathetic. Every once in a while Eli plays a terrible game. Same as Rex.
Umm the entire team was pathetic, oline, running game, dline, LBs, DBs and coaching staff.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Everyone likes the Bears...

Quote:
....and I don't like it.

There's nothing to argue about anymore. The media is sucking at our collective tit...everyone is madly in love with Rex Grossman...even I'm tired of the nightly story about how we're dominating the freakin' Bills on Sportscenter. Yes we're 5-0, yes we have a good team, yes we have a very easy schedule, but will someone doubt us please? I've got nothing to argue about or even care for the next month till we play the Giants in New York. Even Michael Irvin, a guy that hates teams like Chicago, has us as his best team. Blah. Where are Packer homers when you need them? Where is bigblue and his disrepect towards the cover 2? Hell, I still don't think Grossman is much of an upgrade over J.P Losman.

I still hope we cream the Cardinals though. :twisted:
Broncos have a better defense than the Bears as evidenced by the horrific performance against the Cardinals.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:03 AM    (permalink
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
Quote:
....and I don't like it.

There's nothing to argue about anymore. The media is sucking at our collective tit...everyone is madly in love with Rex Grossman...even I'm tired of the nightly story about how we're dominating the freakin' Bills on Sportscenter. Yes we're 5-0, yes we have a good team, yes we have a very easy schedule, but will someone doubt us please? I've got nothing to argue about or even care for the next month till we play the Giants in New York. Even Michael Irvin, a guy that hates teams like Chicago, has us as his best team. Blah. Where are Packer homers when you need them? Where is bigblue and his disrepect towards the cover 2? Hell, I still don't think Grossman is much of an upgrade over J.P Losman.

Broncos have a better defense than the Bears as evidenced by the horrific performance against the Cardinals.
No.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:03 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
....and I don't like it.

Thank you for your opinion.

However, considering how many times the Bears were put on their own field after terrible throws by Grossman, and how many times they shut them down completely, not to mention that we scored 14 points on defense alone, I will have to politely disagree.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:05 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
....and I don't like it.

That is so wrong it is not even funny.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
....and I don't like it.

However, considering how many times the Bears were put on their own field after terrible throws by Grossman, and how many times they shut them down completely, not to mention that we scored 14 points on defense alone, I will have to politely disagree.
Your DL is way better than ours. Our LBs are about the same. Our secondary is better. Grossman did screw u guys over, but Plummer does screw us over plenty times as well. Not to mention, those TDs were the Bears fault this game. Those FGs after Grossman's error arent the defenses' fault but those TDs were. Anyways, every defense is allowed to have one bad game, so I'm not going to hold it to em that much.

Quote:
We've allowed 1 TD in five games... last team to do that was in the 1930's... Bears D had a bad game today, Broncos D has bent several times but never broken. Of course, its a debatable question, but your statemetn that it's "so wrong' is absrud.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
I love the Bears' success, it's keeping the "inferior" Colts under the radar.

Please keep racking up those useless style points, Urlacher and company.

PS. Plus I'm glad Lovie Smith is increasing his contract extension by the win from the front office that refused to get it done earlier. He's now in 7-8 per territory.
At least the above has been maintained. The Bears will be the talk of the figurative town for the next few weeks, at least.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:14 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I honestly never bought into the Rex Grossman hysteria. I wanted to see how he plays when he's behind before I judged him. I don't think he will be that bad all the time when he's behind, but he's certainly not as good as some thought.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:15 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
....and I don't like it.

Your DL is way better than ours. Our LBs are about the same. Our secondary is better. Grossman did screw u guys over, but Plummer does screw us over plenty times as well. Not to mention, those TDs were the Bears fault this game. Those FGs after Grossman's error arent the defenses' fault but those TDs were. Anyways, every defense is allowed to have one bad game, so I'm not going to hold it to em that much.

Quote:
We've allowed 1 TD in five games... last team to do that was in the 1930's... Bears D had a bad game today, Broncos D has bent several times but never broken. Of course, its a debatable question, but your statemetn that it's "so wrong' is absrud.
We allowed them to score 14 points, we then scored 14 points. I consider that a shutout by the defense.

Old 10-17-2006, 06:48 AM    (permalink
RexGrossmans-cheesecake
Veteran

RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.

Didn't Ditka at the beginning of the game say "I like the Bears in a close one."?

Thanks BoneKrusher!
RexGrossmans-cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote