Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-26-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Rose needs to show the ability to run a team on this level and be more than just an exciting playmaker, he needs to take control, he would be a favorite to be #1, but people act like Hibbert doesn't have a chance. He should average 18 points 12 boards this year and while the NBA is moving away from his type of player, there are still several teams that would want him. Nichoals Batum and Deandre Jordan have a chance too.
By the end of the year I dont think Hibbert will be in the top 10

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
By the end of the year I dont think Hibbert will be in the top 10
First team All American, National Championship, Huge body with improved skills and mobility, sounds like a top 10 pick to me.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
First team All American, National Championship, Huge body with improved skills and mobility, sounds like a top 10 pick to me.
You think Georgetown's going to win the National Championship?
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
You think Georgetown's going to win the National Championship?
They are the favorites, Hibbert and first rounders next year or in 2 years Dejaun Summers who is a Jeff Green with better offense but not as smart, Vernon Macklin, Jonothan, Jessie Sapp, 2 frosh All Americans Chris Wright and the beast Freeman, Jeremiah Rivers, defensive stopper Tyler Crawford, and Ewing is decent, only other team that will challenge them is Memphis they are beastly even without Rose they are a sweet 16 team atleast.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Right now he is projected to go 10th. With alot of real good young players coming into college this year and alot that stayed for their 2nd season and 3rd season. I dont see him being in the top 10.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 08-26-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They are the favorites, Hibbert and first rounders next year or in 2 years Dejaun Summers who is a Jeff Green with better offense but not as smart, Vernon Macklin, Jonothan, Jessie Sapp, 2 frosh All Americans Chris Wright and the beast Freeman, Jeremiah Rivers, defensive stopper Tyler Crawford, and Ewing is decent, only other team that will challenge them is Memphis they are beastly even without Rose they are a sweet 16 team atleast.
You may be right, but I like Kansas, UCLA and Memphis better. Louisville's got a good shot too.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

If Rose stays which I dont think will happen but if he does. When Rose is a sophmore Memphis is getting twin brothers from Philly who are sick.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 08-26-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Throw Kevin Love into there. If he has a big year at UCLA he will be thrown into the discussion. You know how much teams love big guys these days. Deandre Jordan is really good too for A&M.
From what I've seen Kevin Love isn't athletic enough to warrant such a high pick. Great player yeah, National Player of the Year or whatever but I don't think he'll be in the discussion cause of athletic ability.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
From what I've seen Kevin Love isn't athletic enough to warrant such a high pick. Great player yeah, National Player of the Year or whatever but I don't think he'll be in the discussion cause of athletic ability.
I dont see Kevin Love coming out after one season.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 08-26-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Right now he is projected to go 10th. With alot of real good young players coming into college this year and alot that stayed for their 2nd season and 3rd season. I dont see him being in the top 10.
Projected by who? Anyways I can see Batum and the boy from Italy who has been so impressive Galinari as top 8 picks next year. Darrell Arthur could be the top 3 pick taken on potential but doesn't have the size to be #1 overall.

Old 08-26-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I've heard a lot of people elsewhere say it'll be Rose, but I really haven't seen much of him so I don't know. I've liked Beasley, so I'd say him, considering his size and ability. The attitude seems like a bit of an issue, but I think it's because he's picking up on the wrong things from Melo and Arenas, his favorites. I wish he'd go somewhere like Duke so it'd be certain that he'd be put in his place. Oh well. Thinking about it, since people are putting so much emphasis on character nowadays and I can't imagine Beasley changing drastically in a year, I think that even if he is the best player to come out, he won't be drafted first. So I'll say it'll be... Jon Brockman.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Well I've heard a lot of people elsewhere say it'll be Rose, but I really haven't seen much of him so I don't know. I've liked Beasley, so I'd say him, considering his size and ability. The attitude seems like a bit of an issue, but I think it's because he's picking up on the wrong things from Melo and Arenas, his favorites. I wish he'd go somewhere like Duke so it'd be certain that he'd be put in his place. Oh well. Thinking about it, since people are putting so much emphasis on character nowadays and I can't imagine Beasley changing drastically in a year, I think that even if he is the best player to come out, he won't be drafted first. So I'll say it'll be... Jon Brockman.
His problems are wayyy more than attitude and cockiness, he has the mind of a 2 year old, his game is no where near Durant, Melo etc. Physically average, streaky jumpshot, when he gets jumpshot happy and is off he will kill you. Not a good defender.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Projected by who? Anyways I can see Batum and the boy from Italy who has been so impressive Galinari as top 8 picks next year. Darrell Arthur could be the top 3 pick taken on potential but doesn't have the size to be #1 overall.
These are the top 10 as of right now:

Derrick Rose 6-4 200 PG Memphis Fr.
Michael Beasley 6-9 235 PF K.St. Fr.
OJ Mayo 6-5 210 PG USC Fr.
Darrell Arthur 6-9 230 PF Kansas So.
Nicolas Batum 6-8 210 SG France 1988
Chase Budinger 6-7 190 SG Arizona So.
Eric Gordon 6-4 220 PG/SG Indiana Fr
Darren Collison 6-1 170 PG UCLA Jr.
DeAndre Jordan 7-0 240 C TX A&M Fr.
Roy Hibbert 7-2 278 C Georgetown Sr.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 08-26-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
His problems are wayyy more than attitude and cockiness, he has the mind of a 2 year old, his game is no where near Durant, Melo etc. Physically average, streaky jumpshot, when he gets jumpshot happy and is off he will kill you. Not a good defender.
Really? I really hadn't seen much from him about his personality and whatnot, so I didn't know most of this. As for the game, I don't know. I don't think you're giving him enough credit, but I'd rather see them all in college before I cracked down hard with a set-in-stone evaluation.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eric gordan, he's going to have a great season.

also you cant predict whos going number one, when you dont know whos picking there.
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
eric gordan, he's going to have a great season.

also you cant predict whos going number one, when you dont know whos picking there.
You make that sig D?
Old 08-26-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You make that sig D?
nah i got tearz to make it for me, he said he would do another one because he didnt like it, but i kinda dig it, just needs some text or sumin
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
nah i got tearz to make it for me, he said he would do another one because he didnt like it, but i kinda dig it, just needs some text or sumin
Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I asked tearz for a sig and he ignored me.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it'll be Derrick Rose. he has great size and skill for a PG and going to Memphis you know he's a 1 and done
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Rose has terrible mechanics(depending on what you think is good) on his shot, it's way off to the side and he just slings it. It's like how those middle school people shoot.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Rose all day long my friends. Kid is just a stud. He needs work on that jump shot but he's got everything else in the bag, one of the most electrifying players I've ever seen live, just crazy, crazy potential.

If Beasley can keep his head on straight then I'd say he's got a shot, but my vote goes to DR.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Really? I really hadn't seen much from him about his personality and whatnot, so I didn't know most of this. As for the game, I don't know. I don't think you're giving him enough credit, but I'd rather see them all in college before I cracked down hard with a set-in-stone evaluation.
Every coach he has had has hated him because of his immature mind. He laughs when his coaches are being serious, and one time when they were in a team meaning he randomly just took off his shirt and started dancing screaming, "I'm naked." Also getting kicked out of Oak Hill which is an honor to play at was awful. He had no respect for the institution, Skipping classes, threatening teachers and vandalism. The way he got kicked out of school is he was signing his name all of the school on walls, desks, bathrooms, etc... The Principal called him in and told him it was his final warning if he did anything else of the sort he would be kicked out of school, what did he do, 10 mins later he signed his name on the principals car which got him kicked out of school, a school which is a privilege to play at. Donte Green>>>>Michael Beasley, and Jerryd Bayless>>>OJ Mayo.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Beasley goes to the doctors office my mom works at in Montgomery Village, MD
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scottie Reynolds easy. 'NOVA NATION!

Seriously though, I'll say Rose. Hibbert I think has a legit shot to go #1 as well. But it depends a ton on how much he improves, and which team has the top pick. I think teams are going to shy away from Beasley and Jordan would have to have a sick season to go in that spot, and I just don't see it coming from him. But at this point you have to remember. So at this point Rose or Hibbert, with Rose the favorite IMO.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

DeAndre Jordan, a very athletic big man, exactly what nba teams look for, if he has a decent year he will be top 5, and possibly 1

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote