Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-28-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
Whatever, you do e-mail and phone calls would be a way too informal way of resigning from a job, doing that leaves a bad taste in your former employer's mouth. I would wait a week myself.
That was never my intent. No matter when I go forward with my resignation, I will be brought in to discuss the matter with the President. I think it is best to probably wait. As of right now, I don't have a formal offer, so it may very well be a non-issue. I can easily wait until Tuesday or later next week.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
The new employer should understand that you need to give your existing employer at least 2 weeks notice. I've had some potential employers complain about that, but my response is that if the situations were reversed you would expect at least 2 weeks notice before an employee left.

With my company they don't even accept a 2 week notice from top level employees, if a senior guys gives notice they shake his hand, cut his checks for vacation and the two weeks, and show him the door. Your with us or against us kind of thing.
I don't think the start date (whatever I happen to pick) will be much of an issue. Ideally, I'd like a week off to relax before starting the new job, but that might not really be possible. A lot of this depends on the timing of the formal offer and how long it takes to negotiate bonuses, title, start date, and salary. Your point is a good one.

I don't think my current employer would ask me to leave before my requested notice date. We're currently short-staffed, and I'm staying on to finish several projects that I want to complete before my tenure is over.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 08-28-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

go to where he is on vacation, and give it to him. plus you get to go on vacation
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Ha. Why waste my time off (that I get paid for) and money (which I can always use for other stuff) to spend time with my boss, who I basically don't want to work for anymore?

Old 08-28-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Ha. Why waste my time off (that I get paid for) and money (which I can always use for other stuff) to spend time with my boss, who I basically don't want to work for anymore?
its a funny story to tell the grandchildren
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote