Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 08-29-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 20 Jets in SI's Top 500

500 players divided by 32 teams comes out to about 15 guys per team and we have 20... that's pretty good...

29. Kerry Rhodes SS, Jets
good to see him getting the attention he deserves... 3rd ranked SS behind Polamalu and Wilson
107. Chad Pennington QB, Jets
i'm a bit surprised that he's ranked this high especially after all the talks about a QB controversy
120. Jonathan Vilma LB, Jets
Peter King's comment says it all... "Doesn't fit Mangini's D; still an impact player"
145. Nick Mangold C, Jets
3rd ranked center... above some good offensive linemen too (McKinnie, Lepsis, etc...)
195. Jerricho Cotchery WR, Jets
look for another great year
208. Bryan Thomas LB, Jets
After a few uneventful seasons at DE, he proves he can pressure the QB from OLB...
213. Thomas Jones RB, Jets
2 1,200 yard seasons and a Super Bowl appearance doesn't earn him a higher spot than Brandon Jacobs (206)
226. Shaun Ellis DE, Jets
a solid 3-4 DE that is underrated...
283. Laveranues Coles WR, Jets
proves he can still be a top receiver after last years 80+ receptions
298. Dewayne Robertson DT, Jets
another guy that is not fitted for Mangini's offense but is a solid player anyways
338. Darrelle Revis CB, Jets
he's unproven but he'll be a great lock down corner
355. D'Brickashaw Ferguson T, Jets
we'll see how he does without Kendall, but look for him to be in the top 250 next year...
360. Victor Hobson LB, Jets
extremely underrated with 100 tackles, 6 sacks, 1 int, 1 TD last year...
388. Kellen Clemens QB, Jets
even SI thinks this guy is solid... will we see him take Chad's spot this year?
390. Erik Coleman SS, Jets
one game he's amazing and the next he's on the bench in the 4th quarter...
409. Leon Washington RB, Jets
http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index....050.xml&coll=1
429. Justin Miller CB, Jets
the jets lone pro bowler... and he might lose his KR job to the man ranked 20 spots before
451. Anthony Clement T, Jets
is this seriously a joke? No Brandon Moore but they put Clement on here?
471. David Harris LB, Jets
he'll be starting by the end of the year.., and the guy ahead of him isn't bad (Barton 101 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 1 ff)
475. Andre Dyson CB, Jets
well at least his picture is in the magazine's printout of these rankings
Old 08-29-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Good to see the guys gettin some dues. It just seems as tho becuase we aren't he most flashy organization people seem to just get underrated. I'm not sure how clemens is ahead of leon but whatever i like how they are getting recognized.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree. nice to see so many jets in there, but i guess if u do the math each team should have 15, so we are above the norm. although i don't agree with the placement of all guys (some too high, some too low) i was very suprised to see Kerry Rhodes at #29.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote