Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-30-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Underwood pulled some ridiculous moves after his catch for a TD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hah, yeah. I think Ray might end up getting 4 TD's before Schiano pulls him from the game. Should be a good start for a potential Heisman run this year.

Though, Brohm did just toss a long TD on the first play of the game for his Heisman run too.

Rutgers isn't my favorite team, but growing up in NY does make me want to see them win quite a bit this year. I'd love for Ray to be one of the three in NY for the Heisman.

Plus watching Scottyboy drool over the Scarlet Knights its quite funny, lol.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Underwood has 9 catches 200+ yards and 2 TD's. DAYUM. i know its against Buffalo, but still, thats only one half. those are like Tim Carters career numbers, without the 10 drops per catch
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

the shut out is gone, that makes me semi sad.

Ito is 0-2.
In other news, Hell just froze over
Quote:
Old 08-30-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

hey surprise surprise, Rice has 184 yards and 3 TD's. 17 away from becoming RU's all time leading rusher!!!!

God talking to basically myself about Rutgers is fun :D
Quote:

Last edited by scottyboy : 08-31-2007 at 06:26 AM.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol. Rice has 100 yards less than that by the way. 185.

Tiquan Underwood apparently set a school record for most receiving yards in a game. Against Buffalo mind you.

I'm interested to see how both Teel and Underwood do against some stiffer competition in the future. Should be awesome to see.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome game on the offensive sidel of the ball and pretty much what I expected. D played good but we are going to need some help at LB I think. We'll see how the next couple of games though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Awesome game on the offensive sidel of the ball and pretty much what I expected. D played good but we are going to need some help at LB I think. We'll see how the next couple of games though.
true, even though Munoz didnt play badly, D'Imperio is a pretty big step up. I was shocked to see him in uniform with a helmet on!! I dont think he played, but this showed me he's inching close and close to full health...
Quote:
Old 08-31-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Rice is a stud. People complain about his inability to make people miss, and his top speed, but I don't see it. I think he's a very good natural runner, he can make you miss, he can finish with power, he has good burst and speed, he has a good frame, he seems like a perfect compliment to Jacobs :)

Id give him strong consideration for the Giants in Round 2 if he's on the board.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
true, even though Munoz didnt play badly, D'Imperio is a pretty big step up. I was shocked to see him in uniform with a helmet on!! I dont think he played, but this showed me he's inching close and close to full health...
Getting Imperio back is going to be a very big step up and there's no need to rush back untill Maryland.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Ray Rice is a stud. People complain about his inability to make people miss, and his top speed, but I don't see it. I think he's a very good natural runner, he can make you miss, he can finish with power, he has good burst and speed, he has a good frame, he seems like a perfect compliment to Jacobs :)

Id give him strong consideration for the Giants in Round 2 if he's on the board.
Not to make this a Giants thing but that would be absolutely great if we did that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

who cares if he doesnt have "ideal measureables" he can flat out run. Some of his stiff arms were as if he put no effort into them, but the defender went flying. Him and Jacobs together is a wet dream. imagine Greene in the 1st, Rice in the 2nd, Zuttah in the 3rd, Sosa in the 4th, and Foster in the 5th!!!! simply amazing!!! :D plus they actually fill needs.
Quote:
Old 08-31-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love Ray Rice -- reminds me Maurice Jones Drew. A bowling ball type runner.

Ray for the Heisman.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Rice as well, too bad the Colts have that Addai guy and no first round pick to draft a DT.

I really like 'Quan as a possible slot WR in the NFL. He's got what you look for in his speed and his hands seem to have greatly improved judging by that one catch. I remember him taking direct snaps at QB two seasons back and that one pass he threw against Syracuse or Louisville I believe. It was very pathetic. He has certainly come a long way.

The one thing that's funny to me is how weak the WR play was last year. Outside of Clark Harris there wasn't really a consistent WR/TE on the squad. However, now there's:

TiQuan Underwood
Kenny Britt
Tim Brown
Kordell Young (out of backfield)

I know it was only Buffalo, but still good to see a win regardless. Momentum, Morale and a winning team is all you need sometimes!

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

How did my boy Jamal Westerman do???? Played HS agianst him and summer ball with him. Hes a solid DE, and his bro is there too a WR. How did he do last night.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

should we be worried about Ito... i thought he would be clutch this year...
Old 09-01-2007, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
should we be worried about Ito... i thought he would be clutch this year...
He really shouldn't have been kicking that 57 yarder. The 40 yard he should have hit but I'm not worried. In fact Ito for whatever reason usually stinks the first game or 2 every year but gets his act together after that. He'll be fine. On the 57 yarder he had plenty of leg on it but it was just wide right.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 09-01-2007 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Hah, well you know how I felt about drafting Leonard last year in the 2nd Round, but now that we have some defensive needs filled up, I'd actually be ecstatic if we had a chance to get Ray Rice in the 2nd Round. Fans would like it, and I think it he would be a perfect compliment to Jacobs.

Of course, if he keeps playing like that then I doubt we'd have a chance at him in the 2nd Round, lol.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Game against Navy tonight. Any thoughts? I'm glad we're going to see Tim Brown back in action. Also, I'm not sure but Sosa may not start so Haslem would get the nod at LT while Davis would be in at RG.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-07-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Game against Navy tonight. Any thoughts? I'm glad we're going to see Tim Brown back in action. Also, I'm not sure but Sosa may not start so Haslem would get the nod at LT while Davis would be in at RG.
This game should be a cake walk. Rutgers destroyed them at Navy last year and I don't think Navy is any improved this year. Sometimes that option offense can catch teams off guard but after playing them all the time, Schiano knows there stuff.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
This game should be a cake walk. Rutgers destroyed them at Navy last year and I don't think Navy is any improved this year. Sometimes that option offense can catch teams off guard but after playing them all the time, Schiano knows there stuff.
Yeah I'm not expecting a close game. I'd like to see the offense throw up 40+ tonight though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-07-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I'm not expecting a close game. I'd like to see the offense throw up 40+ tonight though.
If Brown is back they very well could. I'm not totally familiar with their D backs but I'm guessing since it is a service academy they don't have anyone even remotely close to having as much speed as him.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

it shouldn't be a close game at all really. no need to rush back Sosa against Navy, or Norfolk state for that matter. I'm fine with Haslem at LT and Davis at RG...

i'm feeling a Tim Brown return TD tonight(if he's full health)
Quote:
Old 09-07-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
it shouldn't be a close game at all really. no need to rush back Sosa against Navy, or Norfolk state for that matter. I'm fine with Haslem at LT and Davis at RG...

i'm feeling a Tim Brown return TD tonight(if he's full health)
Davis was a beast against Buffalo throwing guys around. I'm suprised he didn't win the spot out of camp. Great depth on the line though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-07-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i was just about to post how we're not looking too good. but than Ron Girault makes me happy again with an INT in the end zone!!!

couple drops, one by brown and underwood. whole team is sloppy with penalties on O, D, and special teams. I expect us to turn it around with that. 17-7, just got the ball on the 20 thanks to my boy Ron, time to try and pull away
Quote: