Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Numbers do not always tell the story, you keep the team the same/intact until he starts actually costing you games, until that happens, you stay the course.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:09 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Numbers do not always tell the story, you keep the team the same/intact until he starts actually costing you games, until that happens, you stay the course.
please watch the broncos/colts this week, then we'll have this discussion again. it's clear you have not yet seen how awful plummer is.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
If he starts it will be a Romo-like performance. Great with the exception of a few plays.
no offence...but cutler is better then romo by far
How do you know that? Romo played better than Mr. Cutler in the preseason and I dont think Cutler has thrown a single meaningful pass.

One romo looked like jake plummer in his debut....Cutler is more talented(1st round pick), and i bet when he starts he will play better then romo
Wow, Romo played one lousy half on Monday Night Football in front of millions upon millions.

So, Cutler is more talented than every non-first round pick, QB?
Dont write Romo off so quickly.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-24-2006, 10:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
please watch the broncos/colts this week, then we'll have this discussion again. it's clear you have not yet seen how awful plummer is.
I understand your frustrations, trust me I do, I'm a cowboys fan. I just dont think it would be wise to make a Qb move. We'll talk again, I'm sure of it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-24-2006, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If he starts it will be a Romo-like performance. Great with the exception of a few plays.
How do you know that? Romo played better than Mr. Cutler in the preseason and I dont think Cutler has thrown a single meaningful pass.

One romo looked like jake plummer in his debut....Cutler is more talented(1st round pick), and i bet when he starts he will play better then romo
So every 1st round pick is better than all others. Well, that figures with Ryan Leaf being so much better than Tom Brady. :roll: Don't get me wrong, I love Cutler, but we haven't seen him play so don't go off and say he's more talented than anyone for now.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:20 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I understand your frustrations, trust me I do, I'm a cowboys fan. I just dont think it would be wise to make a Qb move. We'll talk again, I'm sure of it.
sure, i'll welcome it.

on the same discussion, it does make me wonder if anything would've been different for the 'boys sans Romo yesterday.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So every 1st round pick is better than all others. Well, that figures with Ryan Leaf being so much better than Tom Brady. :roll: Don't get me wrong, I love Cutler, but we haven't seen him play so don't go off and say he's more talented than anyone for now.
there is a big difference between being talented and being a good player

some one like Courtney brown had all the talent in the world...but never turned out to be a good player...for w/e reasons...

But he was a 1st rounder becuase he was extremely talented...speed, size, production

some one like leaf...great arm..good size....jut never put it together on the field
Old 10-24-2006, 10:45 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

some one like Courtney brown had all the talent in the world...but never turned out to be a good player...for w/e reasons...

But he was a 1st rounder becuase he was extremely talented...speed, size, production

some one like leaf...great arm..good size....jut never put it together on the field
saying someone will do better or are more talented because they got drafted higher is horrible reasoning
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:49 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't get that Plummer's still winning. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

saying someone will do better or are more talented because they got drafted higher is horrible reasoning
no its like saying if you drafted a first round WR and he was never really played as your OC doesnt normally start wr rookies..and you are comparing him to a some one else....that 1st round WR is more likely to be more talented...just not a good player yet
Old 10-24-2006, 10:58 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown
plummer's not winning, he's doing everything he can to lose.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:59 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
5-1, looks like he's winning to me. You don't mess with a good thing. You're not winning anything with a rookie QB. You'll probably go one and done if you do.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:03 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
5-1, looks like he's winning to me. You don't mess with a good thing. You're not winning anything with a rookie QB. You'll probably go one and done if you do.
when you go to the playoffs every single year, it no longer becomes enough to just go. plummer can't win in the playoffs. if you watched last year, champ won that game. the defense won it. just like every game this year. i know you're a browns fan so you must have watched last week. your defense would've had 6 ints if they hadn't suddenly developed brick-hands. we would've lost had that happened. jake literally threw the ball directly to five seperate browns players and threw into quintuple (yes, quintuple) coverage on two other occasions. that is not a winning quarterback. that's a man lucky to be playing in denver where the defense is the only reason he's not 0-6. one would think that, since jake doesn't play defense, the defense would likely not play worse if cutler were the starter or if van pelt came back or if we traded for tom brady. the only difference would be that we would likely score more than 12 points per game.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:04 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay should have been starting since the beginning of the year.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:17 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Jay should have been starting since the beginning of the year.
8)

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plummer remains starting quarterback... for now

DENVER -- Jake Plummer will remain the Denver Broncos
quarterback -- at least for another week.

Mike Shanahan had a chance to quiet the escalating Plummer-Jay
Cutler debate Monday, but didn't exactly give Plummer a ringing
endorsement.

"It's not my job to share with you if I want to make a change
at any position," Shanahan said. "When we do make a decision,
we'll make the decision in the best interest of our organization. I
will tell you this -- Jake Plummer will be our quarterback against
Indy."

Plummer's recent woes has led to speculation that the Cutler era
could be close at hand. Plummer has a passer rating of 60.4, which
ranks 32nd in the league. He's thrown seven interceptions -- the
same number he had all last season -- and just four touchdown
passes.

What's more, the offense is averaging 13.2 points a game, which
is second-to-last in the NFL.

This won't help the offense, either -- left tackle Matt Lepsis is
out for the season after tearing a ligament in his right knee
during the first half of Sunday's game.

While the Broncos aren't sounding the alarms over the offense's
recent struggles, it is an increasing concern, especially with the
defense holding up its end of the deal and keeping teams to just
7.3 points a game.

"I wouldn't say incredibly frustrated, just frustrated,"
Shanahan said of his offense's inability to score.

Before Sunday's game, an ESPN report surfaced that the Broncos
are considering a switch to Cutler, who was taken 11th overall out
of Vanderbilt. Shanahan didn't want to lend credence to the story,
even though the report cited sources within the organization.

"Just because something's in the newspaper or something's on a
so-called channel does not mean that I said it or someone within
the organization said it," Shanahan said. "You've heard so many
different things through the years. If I spoke about every one, I
couldn't get my job done. But we're winning football games. Why
don't we support our quarterback who's winning those games?"

The most popular player in Denver seems to be the backup
quarterback, especially since he looked good in the preseason.
Cutler threw four touchdown passes, only one pick and completed
64.5 percent of his passes against predominantly backup players.

The fact that Plummer is off to a shaky start isn't helping his
cause. However, Plummer doesn't care about what's being said, only
about the Broncos improving as a team.

"We are 5-1," Plummer said Sunday. "We didn't put up all of
the points in the world. At the end of the game, I didn't make some
good decisions. We need to get better there. There is some room for
improvement."

But Plummer may be running out of time to make improvements.
When asked if he's any closer to playing Cutler than he was a month
ago, Shanahan just smirked.

"We're going to play the best football players. We've done that
from day one," Shanahan said.

That didn't exactly put the growing quarterback debate to rest.

"It doesn't put any position to rest," he said. "It's not
just the quarterback position. I wouldn't tell you if it were the
center position, wide receiver position or any position. It's not
my job to share with you if I want to make a change at any
position."

Shanahan said Plummer has earned the right to start, at least
this Sunday against the 6-0 Indianapolis Colts.

"Then I'll get a chance to be on this little program (media
interview) again and we'll talk about the same thing," he said.

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have backed Plummer until the bloody end. I have made excuses and exceptions for his play. Once his biggest fan, I'm his biggest enemy.

He plays like he has down-syndrome. The true Terry Schiavo of football. Helen Keller reads press coverage better than he does.

Plummer is the suck and I hope we trade his rear end for a 59th round draft pick.

Send him to Iraq.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:14 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
I have backed Plummer until the bloody end. I have made excuses and exceptions for his play. Once his biggest fan, I'm his biggest enemy.

He plays like he has down-syndrome. The true Terry Schiavo of football. Helen Keller reads press coverage better than he does.

Plummer is the suck and I hope we trade his rear end for a 59th round draft pick.

Send him to Iraq.
oh come on, you know we can get a 1st, 2nd and 4th in '08 from the redskins for him in the offseason
Old 10-25-2006, 12:19 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is very similar to the Kyle Orton situation of last year. ****** ass QB doing just enough to not mess things up for his defense and running game. I called for Grossman then, I would call for Cutler now.

Winning games can be a drug which prevents organizations from continually looking for ways to get better. I'm not sure if Cutler would be better right now, but if he is, then they should make the move, no matter what their record is.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You'd have to be one hell of an arguer or a Jedi to convince me Cutler can't put up a 60.4 QB rating or better.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:24 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You'd have to be one hell of an arguer or a Jedi to convince me Cutler can't put up a 60.4 QB rating or better.
Plummer is better than that. Hell he had a 90 something rating last year. He's somewhere in between that. But yeah...if he's still throwing twice as many INT's as TD's a few weeks from now I'd say this is a no-brainer.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Leinart out-performed Warner..

Vince Young out-performed Collins..

There is no reason why Jay Cutler wouldn't be better than Plummer. I think, Plummer is put in a situation to succeed, unlike Warner or Collins were, he's just sucked.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:26 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Plummer is better than that. Hell he had a 90 something rating last year. He's somewhere in between that. But yeah...if he's still throwing twice as many INT's as TD's a few weeks from now I'd say this is a no-brainer.
not this year. he routinley throws into triple coverage or worse, and often makes rookie reads. the worst part? we dumbed down the offense considerably for him. it's painful to watch.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

With four draft picks on the first day, I'm almost convinced the Redskins aren't making the playoffs and we're getting a high third out of that trade, with the receivers there are and what not, I can't wait to see a pick or two to go for getting weapons for Jay.

It'll be scary. Maybe we won't need them, if Marshall progresses and what not, but Cutler had awesome chemistry with Scheffler, has Walker and Marshall (hopefully he pans out).

Get another guy in there, an OT. . . a DL. . . and a S. Not that the DL and S help Cutler on offense, but dayum.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:28 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Matt Leinart out-performed Warner..

Vince Young out-performed Collins..

There is no reason why Jay Cutler wouldn't be better than Plummer. I think, Plummer is put in a situation to succeed, unlike Warner or Collins were, he's just sucked.
I don't see how Leinart outperformed Warner.