Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 09-01-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jets 2007 Unofficial Depth Chart

i got this off their website... (brad smith and james dearth listed twice)

QB: Chad Pennington
Kellen Clemens
Marquis Tuiasosopo
Brad Smith
HB: Thomas Jones
Leon Washington
FB: Darian Barnes
Stacey Tutt
WR: Laveranues Coles
Brad Smith
Wallace Wright
WR: Jerricho Cotchery
Justin McCareins
Chansi Stuckey
TE: Chris Baker
Sean Ryan
Joe Kowalewski
Jason Pociask
James Dearth
RT: Anthony Clement
RG: Brandon Moore
C: Nick Mangold
Wade Smith
LG: Adrien Clarke
Jacob Bender
LT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Adrian Jones

LE: Shaun Ellis
Eric Hicks
NT: Dwayne Robertson
C.J. Mosley
Sione Puoha
RE: Kenyon Coleman
Mike Devito
LOLB: Bryan Thomas
David Bowens
LILB: Jonathon Vilma
Brad Kassell
RILB: Eric Barton
David Harris
ROLB: Victor Hobson
Cody Spencer
LCB: Andre Dyson
Hank Poteat
Drew Coleman
RCB: David Barrett
Justin Miller
Darrelle Revis
SS: Kerry Rhodes
Rashad Washington
FS: Erik Coleman
Eric Smith

K: Mike Nugent
P: Ben Graham
LS: James Dearth

Last edited by TimD : 09-01-2007 at 11:22 PM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO we kept too many tight ends and corners, and not enough defensive ends and running backs...overall not too bad though.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay my concerns...

Why isn't Ware on the team. Right now we have 4 RBs, 1 of which is a FB, and the other one, Tutt, who is actually listed as a FB, is a converted college qb... if thomas or leon goes down we are in trouble...

we have 4 TEs (5 if you count the LS) and only 8 offensive linemen...
Old 09-02-2007, 08:49 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With our OL the good thing is our 3 backups for now are very versatile. Smith can pretty much play every position on the line, Jones can play all 4 guard and tackle spots and a little center from what I've read, and Bender can pretty much play all 4 guard and tackle spots. So if somebody goes down its easier to fill in for them. And yet I'm still a little worried because both of our lines are very thin, and as you said and I mentioned earlier our running back position is unbelievably thin.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yea, considering what we've got, I like our OL. I might try to start Mosley at DE rather than back up at DT. I really don't like where Revis is on the depth chart either. Finally, I think, with Bryan Thomas and Vilma on the same side, Thomas's rushing ability and size will help Vilma tremendously.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Yea, considering what we've got, I like our OL. I might try to start Mosley at DE rather than back up at DT. I really don't like where Revis is on the depth chart either. Finally, I think, with Bryan Thomas and Vilma on the same side, Thomas's rushing ability and size will help Vilma tremendously.
i actually think they should put thomas and vilma on the other side.... so vilma is protected more by coleman who is actually built to play in the in 3-4... ellis and robertson are too small and leaving vilma left out to dry against the o line....
Old 09-02-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

im also happy about wallace and tutt making the team... they were big in special teams last year and its good see tough hard working guys getting rewarded for it....
Old 09-02-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to say, to all the people who liked the Schlegel pick because he was a "Mangini guy", lol @ you.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I just want to say, to all the people who liked the Schlegel pick because he was a "Mangini guy", lol @ you.
he is a mangini guy its just that he wasnt good enough... he wasnt going to start and he didnt contribute to special teams which is why alot of our backups are on the team (wallace, tutt, spencer, r washington, miller, devito...) i mean i never heard anyone question schlegels attitude or anything like that. from what i heard he was a good guy
Old 09-02-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
he is a mangini guy its just that he wasnt good enough... he wasnt going to start and he didnt contribute to special teams which is why alot of our backups are on the team (wallace, tutt, spencer, r washington, miller, devito...) i mean i never heard anyone question schlegels attitude or anything like that. from what i heard he was a good guy
I think the point was the fact that he was a "Mangini guy" didn't mean he wasn't a terrible pick in the third round. Which he was.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

does anyone know how thomas jones is doing? because lets say hes not 100% leon will get the bulk who will be the third stringer... i really am surprised we kept pociask or kowalewski over ware
Old 09-02-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.

Quote:
does anyone know how thomas jones is doing? because lets say hes not 100% leon will get the bulk who will be the third stringer... i really am surprised we kept pociask or kowalewski over ware
I'm pretty sure Jones is good to go, I don't think he'll get all the carries though, I can see something like 15 carries by Washington and Jones....or whatever the total amounts to be, I can envision it being split by the two the first game, and then when Jones gets to being 100% he will get like 20-25 carries and Leon will get like 5-10 carries. I think it's gunna be a very dynamic running combo, I think a lot of people, some Jets fans included, underestimate Leon Washington. Granted, I'm a gigantic homer and overrate him vastly, he's still a very good player and deserving of any time he gets, I can see him getting another 600 or so yards this year, bearing any injuries.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
I'm pretty sure Jones is good to go, I don't think he'll get all the carries though, I can see something like 15 carries by Washington and Jones....or whatever the total amounts to be, I can envision it being split by the two the first game, and then when Jones gets to being 100% he will get like 20-25 carries and Leon will get like 5-10 carries. I think it's gunna be a very dynamic running combo, I think a lot of people, some Jets fans included, underestimate Leon Washington. Granted, I'm a gigantic homer and overrate him vastly, he's still a very good player and deserving of any time he gets, I can see him getting another 600 or so yards this year, bearing any injuries.
im posting this here because i feel better getting biased advice from jets fans...

would leon washington be a good start week 1 as a third RB? i have mo jones-drew, edge, marion barber, caddillac, nd leon... i plan to start jones-drew nd edge now should i start leon because of the increased amount of carries he'll get plus harrison and seymour are out of should i let the o line settle a bit before playing him?

EDIT: crap i meant to post this in the discussion thread
Old 09-02-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Quote:
im posting this here because i feel better getting biased advice from jets fans...

would leon washington be a good start week 1 as a third RB? i have mo jones-drew, edge, marion barber, caddillac, nd leon... i plan to start jones-drew nd edge now should i start leon because of the increased amount of carries he'll get plus harrison and seymour are out of should i let the o line settle a bit before playing him?

EDIT: crap i meant to post this in the discussion thread
That's tough. I'd go with Leon because of his increased amount of carries, and the weakened Pats defense, and the fact that I think Leon's good for a TD that game. However, w/ or w/o those two, that Pats still have a top 5 Run Defense and the Seahawks still have a bottom 10 Run Defense, plus Cadillac will be guaranteed to start and has got some talent. I'd start Caddy...