Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:35 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
though only 2 were his fault.
"Only" 2

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:46 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Romo should start. People may point to the fact that he threw 3 picks, though only 2 were his fault. When Bledoe in the game, it was 3 and out, the offense wan't moving consistantly, and we just couldn't get anything done. However, when Romo hit the feild, we moved the ball. He got Witten involved (thank God!). He (I'm going to get lots of crap for this) showed flashes similar to a young Brett Favre. For example, he never had to plant his feet, he just threw it and it was a great ball and that reminded me of Favre. He threaded the needle on several throws. Yes, he made mistakes, but he will improve. I promise you he will improve. I have more faith in Romo as a Cowboys fan. In the redsone when we didn't hand it off (when Bledsoe was in) I panicked for a few seconds. I didn't want Bledsoe to throw that ball, because I know how bad he really is. He ofcoarse, didn't throw that ball, he ran it in; but still, when he has the ball I hold my breath and hope he doesn't screw us over. When Romo drops back, I smile and wait for a flash of brilliance. As of now, Romo is a better QB. Yes, let me say it again, Romo, the undrafted FA is a better QB now than Drew Bledsoe, a former #1 pick. Right now, I see the Cowboys going 8-8 or 9-7. We're just not a good team, and IMO, the playoffs isn't possible from where we stand right now as a team, so Romo gives us faith for the future. All we need to do is pick up some FA linemen, draft a few linemen and a young WR and we have a chance next year, and when you're looking to next year, you obviously need to look to the QB of the future.

Don't tell Michael Irvin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Quote:
though only 2 were his fault.
"Only" 2
Leftwich threw 3 INTs in his first start. As did Peyton Manning, The point is it was his first time in the game as a full time starter. :roll:

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettosermon
Quote:
Romo should start. People may point to the fact that he threw 3 picks, though only 2 were his fault. When Bledoe in the game, it was 3 and out, the offense wan't moving consistantly, and we just couldn't get anything done. However, when Romo hit the feild, we moved the ball. He got Witten involved (thank God!). He (I'm going to get lots of crap for this) showed flashes similar to a young Brett Favre. For example, he never had to plant his feet, he just threw it and it was a great ball and that reminded me of Favre. He threaded the needle on several throws. Yes, he made mistakes, but he will improve. I promise you he will improve. I have more faith in Romo as a Cowboys fan. In the redsone when we didn't hand it off (when Bledsoe was in) I panicked for a few seconds. I didn't want Bledsoe to throw that ball, because I know how bad he really is. He ofcoarse, didn't throw that ball, he ran it in; but still, when he has the ball I hold my breath and hope he doesn't screw us over. When Romo drops back, I smile and wait for a flash of brilliance. As of now, Romo is a better QB. Yes, let me say it again, Romo, the undrafted FA is a better QB now than Drew Bledsoe, a former #1 pick. Right now, I see the Cowboys going 8-8 or 9-7. We're just not a good team, and IMO, the playoffs isn't possible from where we stand right now as a team, so Romo gives us faith for the future. All we need to do is pick up some FA linemen, draft a few linemen and a young WR and we have a chance next year, and when you're looking to next year, you obviously need to look to the QB of the future.
I understand all that but that is something the Redskins should think about not the Cowboys. The boys aren't entirely out of the playoff picture and there is no way they "look to the future" with Bill Parcells there. It is his final year as the cowboys coach so there is no way his final year will be a "the future looks good" kind of season. You don't aquire a cancer like TO for the future they aquired him to win a superbowl this year well knowing that he will force himself out of Dallas in a max 3 years.
I'm not saying that's the attitude of the team, but Romo gives us the better chance to win and do you see us making the playoffs? No. Not this year, so I personally am happy about next years potential. And also, what are we supposed to do if we're not in the playoff picture in a few weeks. Go cry? Sorry, not gunna happen. Let me know if you have any suggestions on what to do if we're not in the playoff picture other than looking to the future (you clearly just threw that out the window)...

BoneKrusher
Old 10-24-2006, 09:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm telling you all right now, Romo has "it". He has the factor every Qb needs, I do not have a doubt in my mind that he is gonna make it in this league. Romo has been outperforming Bledsoe in practice for a couple of weeks now, and really garnered some trust from BP. He has earned much respect from his teammates and has been called the second coming of Brett Favre (the old one, not the current one :D ). He is gonna hit some bumps in the road but, that is to be expected. Everyone is ready to write him off already but, everyone fails to mention that Romo saw his first real action on the biggest stage of the week and the regular season, MNF. He had this offense in a rythm that we seldom see with Bledsoe leading the way anymore, he had us rolling but, at times he became too excited and he felt that he had to do it all, this has been the knock on him, brought up my many NFL scouts. He is the man now and I think it is only a matter of time before you all see what I see in Mr. Romo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
I'm telling you all right now, Romo has "it". He has the factor every Qb needs, I do not have a doubt in my mind that he is gonna make it in this league. Romo has been outperforming Bledsoe in practice for a couple of weeks now, and really garnered some trust from BP. He has earned much respect from his teammates and has been called the second coming of Brett Favre (the old one, not the current one :D ). He is gonna hit some bumps in the road but, that is to be expected. Everyone is ready to write him off already but, everyone fails to mention that Romo saw his first real action on the biggest stage of the week and the regular season, MNF. He had this offense in a rythm that we seldom see with Bledsoe leading the way anymore, he had us rolling but, at times he became too excited and he felt that he had to do it all, this has been the knock on him, brought up my many NFL scouts. He is the man now and I think it is only a matter of time before you all see what I see in Mr. Romo.
In short, Romo is a gamer.

BoneKrusher
Old 10-24-2006, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

RomoZilla, All those picks he threw yesterday are correctable. I mean did any of you guys see how quick he was reading the defense and finding open targets? He threaded the needle at least 5 times in that game with beautiful passes. And too me it looked like it was easy for him to move the ball, get rid of those mental mistakes and a few inaccurate passes and he would have had a stellar game. Bledsoe on the other hand has trouble just dropping back into the pocket.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:18 AM    (permalink
slimx37
Rookie

slimx37 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default hey

espn saying the dfw star reporting that romo will start against the panthers
Old 10-25-2006, 08:23 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Start them both.. two qb system!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:35 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to ESPN.com Romo will start next week.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:46 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabauch12
Leftwich threw 3 INTs in his first start. As did Peyton Manning, The point is it was his first time in the game as a full time starter. :roll:
That's not what I was talking about. You said that "only" 2 INTs were his fault. In one half, two INTs to fault, or three INTs overall is still alot. I wasn't not talking about Romo's ability, but rather your comment.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Parcells said Romo would start in his press conference.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettosermon
Quote:
I understand all that but that is something the Redskins should think about not the Cowboys. The boys aren't entirely out of the playoff picture and there is no way they "look to the future" with Bill Parcells there. It is his final year as the cowboys coach so there is no way his final year will be a "the future looks good" kind of season. You don't aquire a cancer like TO for the future they aquired him to win a superbowl this year well knowing that he will force himself out of Dallas in a max 3 years.
I'm not saying that's the attitude of the team, but Romo gives us the better chance to win and do you see us making the playoffs? No. Not this year, so I personally am happy about next years potential. And also, what are we supposed to do if we're not in the playoff picture in a few weeks. Go cry? Sorry, not gunna happen. Let me know if you have any suggestions on what to do if we're not in the playoff picture other than looking to the future (you clearly just threw that out the window)...

i feel like your giving up too soon, the chances of us making the playoffs are VERY high now that a change was made...we have the pieces to get there, and we only have one more loss then the giants, and the same as the eagles, who knows how things play out....we very well could win our division, people act as if 6 games is enough to call it quits....8-2 in our final stretch is not out of the question....

our schedule is tough coming up, but so is philly's, and the giants have tough games remaining as well, but every team we have left we CAN beat, its not a situation where we play anyone that we just cannot match up with and beat, and its too much time left to call it quits....

10-6 could very well be in place, or 11-5, im not calling it out of the question...carolina is in the same situation as us, third in their division, 3 losses, do you think they just wrapped it up for next year, no, nor has anyone else in the league because they know better....

we have way too much talent, and if romo gets comfortable its very easy to see us having double digit victories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:39 PM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tony Romo is going to start.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Romo is going to be a very good NFL QB. I like him a lot.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Memorex
Rookie

Memorex needs more cowbell.

Romo, looked real real good, except for the two picks that were his fault. Drew throws those picks too, but he doesnt make the throws that Romo was making in those two drives.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo actually throws to Terrell Owens and Jason Witten, unlike Bledsoe. Who basically only threw to Glenn, he clearly didn't utilize them like he should have. This will open up the Cowboys offense.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Romo actually throws to Terrell Owens and Jason Witten, unlike Bledsoe. Who basically only threw to Glenn, he clearly didn't utilize them like he should have. This will open up the Cowboys offense.
Yes, sir. He fits the offense better because he spreads the ball around. That's what the offense is based on. Make the defense pick their poison. Romo can do that.

BoneKrusher
Old 10-25-2006, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

It was criminal how mis-used Witten was, with Bledsoe at QB.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:45 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Yes, sir. He fits the offense better because he spreads the ball around. That's what the offense is based on. Make the defense pick their poison. Romo can do that.
I highly disagree with that statement...one thing that you couldn't accuse Bledsoe of doing was not sharing the ball. He spread the ball around about as good as a QB could do. The difference is...Romo looks for TO and Witten when he needs a big play whereas Bledose would look to Glenn...a little bit of a trust factor there....but I would actually go as far to say Bledsoe spread the ball around better then Romo. I mean he even gives cornerbacks passes from time to time.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote