Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-25-2006, 11:17 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Indianapolis @ Denver

Best matchup of the first half, in my opinion. Winner gets to say they are the best team in the AFC. It's also intriguing because while Indy has had Denver's number in recent years, most notably in the playoffs, those wins all came in the RCA dome.

I'm leaning towards Denver in this game because they should be able to run on Indy, but their offense overrall isn't inspiring anyone.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:19 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

if our defensive backfield does what it was built to do, denver will win, altough it will likely be 10-7 or something moronic.

if peyton plays like peyton, we have no chance. indy wouldn't even have to take the field on defense and joke would still find a way to throw an interception.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I take Indy.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:24 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be a good one, if it was in Indy I'd be confident in the Colts. Should be interesting to see how Denvers offense and Indy's running game respond. Joseph Addai should play a big role in Indy's success or lack of.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very interesting matchup. Champ Bailey versus the top route runner in the history of the NFL.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:31 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm leaning toawrds the broncos on this one, Sure jake the snake hasn't been all too great, but their Defense has be awsome.
If it snows then manning won't be able to play good outside in the weather....

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Very interesting matchup. Champ Bailey versus the top route runner in the history of the NFL.
I am not afraid of Harrison one bit. I'm scared of Reggie Wayne against Darrent Williams. Anyway, at home, I Think our defense can neutralize Colts O to a good extent. The Colts haven't shown much "Greatness" as a team. If our offense can score (which I know it really hasn't been able to do), we will win.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:32 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indi, I think they're the best team in the NFL, so of course I'll go with them.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
I'm leaning toawrds the broncos on this one, Sure jake the snake hasn't been all too great, but their Defense has be awsome.
Unfortunatley the weather forecast has it that the temperature will be around 69 degrees on Sunday. Tomorrow we're suppose to have heavy snow with a high of 40 degrees. Anyway, Colorado weather is pretty unpredictable... so u never kno. That'd be awesome. If it snows, there is no way we lose.

Old 10-25-2006, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken
It's also intriguing because while Indy has had Denver's number in recent years, most notably in the playoffs, those wins all came in the RCA dome.
Quote:
See: 2002

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Indy.

If this were a playoff game....Denver.
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Indy.

That makes very little sense. You do realize that the Broncos are to this point pretty much the only team the Colts have beaten in the playoffs, right?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Indy.

That makes very little sense. You do realize that the Broncos are to this point pretty much the only team the Colts have beaten in the playoffs, right?
(I was just kidding)
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:01 AM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
Quote:
Unfortunatley the weather forecast has it that the temperature will be around 69 degrees on Sunday. Tomorrow we're suppose to have heavy snow with a high of 40 degrees. Anyway, Colorado weather is pretty unpredictable... so u never kno. That'd be awesome. If it snows, there is no way we lose.
I faintly recall some game on sunday night somwhere in colorado where some team in silver and black won, maybe. Oh well i must be mistaken.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:09 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk
Quote:
Quote:
I faintly recall some game on sunday night somwhere in colorado where some team in silver and black won, maybe. Oh well i must be mistaken.
i'll be waiting for you to post a valid reason why you think comparing this denver team to that one is even marginally relevant.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:10 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts will score more than the rest of the Broncos opponets combined this season and win.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
:roll: Right.. that was.. 2 yrs ago? Oh and against... not the Colts? I mean, we all know how great this Colts team does in cold weather outside.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:41 AM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
:roll: Right.. that was.. 2 yrs ago? Oh and against... not the Colts? I mean, we all know how great this Colts team does in cold weather outside.
I was just making the point that I heard the same thing before that game, and Oakland was going up and down the field. While the denver team is not the same, and their defense is much better, the Colts are lot better than the Raiders too.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:38 AM    (permalink
manning18
Rookie

manning18 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
Colts will score more touchdowns than the rest of the Broncos opponets combined this season and win.
QFT

Kellen Lewis=The next Troy Smith
manning18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts will win. Indy won't put up 40, but they won't need to against this anemic Bronco offense.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:06 AM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Colts will win this matchup with ease. It will be close the first half, but in the second half Peyton will turn it on. Just like he did against the Redskins..
Old 10-26-2006, 11:30 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

go Broncos

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:31 AM    (permalink
manning18
Rookie

manning18 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
go Broncos
Don't Hate.

Kellen Lewis=The next Troy Smith
manning18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:01 PM    (permalink
a-dub83
Rookie

a-dub83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.a-dub83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Obviously i'm going with the Colts, but we have to stop Tatum Bell first. McFarland is helping us out in the run game and Bob Sanders returns this Sunday. If we get off to a good start and force Denver to pass, Freeney and Mathis will have a big day, especially with Lepsis done for the year.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken
It's also intriguing because while Indy has had Denver's number in recent years, most notably in the playoffs, those wins all came in the RCA dome.
Quote:
See: 2002

who are they going to lean on more so this game, rhodes or addai? i can never tell, but it seems like addai has a bigger spark but he's not used as much some games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote