Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-04-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
No he has never been a top 10 player in the league let alone top 15 for an extended amount of time, his numbers will also go down now because of KG and Ray, i also believe he is now on the downside of his career

Heres one:

How about Ronde Barber
I think one of him, Rice and Brooks is gonna get left out. Barber is a bit more well known, so I think he and Simeon Rice will get in from that great Tampa D. It's close though, but I think he makes it in.

Bartolo Colon?
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
I think one of him, Rice and Brooks is gonna get left out. Barber is a bit more well known, so I think he and Simeon Rice will get in from that great Tampa D. It's close though, but I think he makes it in.

Bartolo Colon?
Well, I mean brooks would get in before all those guys along with Sapp then the order probably goes,

barber and then rice
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

That tampa D had some good players and 5 of them have a shot at getting in the hall of fame.

Warren Sapp- Almost a Lock
Derrick Brooks- Almost a Lock
Ronde Barber- Good shot
Simeon Rice- good shot
John Lynch- Possible

How about Jason Taylor or Zach Thomas
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
That tampa D had some good players and 5 of them have a shot at getting in the hall of fame.

Warren Sapp- Almost a Lock
Derrick Brooks- Almost a Lock
Ronde Barber- Good shot
Simeon Rice- good shot
John Lynch- Possible

How about Jason Taylor or Zach Thomas
I don't think Ronde Barber has as good a shot as most people think. All his numbers are a product of the Cover 2 defense. in reality he's a slightly above average corner who plays well in the cover 2
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah im not hot on ronde barber being in the hall. he was never a top 3 corner in the league, he was never donimant, he had some good seasons, but wasnt as feared as some other corners are
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
yeah im not hot on ronde barber being in the hall. he was never a top 3 corner in the league, he was never donimant, he had some good seasons, but wasnt as feared as some other corners are
Exactly. I think Corner is one of those positions where you really have to stand out because it's so easy for an average CB to put up big numbers in the right scheme. Anyone who doubts me I give you exhibit A:

Deltha O'Neal
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:57 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about Chipper Jones?
Old 09-05-2007, 07:10 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
How about Chipper Jones?
No if it was up to me. In a 13 year career, only a 5 time all star. His splits are impressive, but he doesn't have that wow aura to him. I'm big into that theory. I won't be telling my kids one day how I saw the great Chipper Jones play in his prime.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Jason Taylor imo is a lock at the hof.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Absolutely not to whoever asked about Bartolo Colon.

How bout Allan Houston?

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
No if it was up to me. In a 13 year career, only a 5 time all star. His splits are impressive, but he doesn't have that wow aura to him. I'm big into that theory. I won't be telling my kids one day how I saw the great Chipper Jones play in his prime.
Then your kids will be missing out. He's always been a clubhouse leader and a constant on a team that made so many postseason's in a row. If he doesn't get in, it's a bloody shame.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Then your kids will be missing out. He's always been a clubhouse leader and a constant on a team that made so many postseason's in a row. If he doesn't get in, it's a bloody shame.
A team that also only won one world series. I didn't know being a clubhouse leader got you into the HOF. I guess Paul O'Neill and Tino Martinez are getting in then too.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
A team that also only won one world series. I didn't know being a clubhouse leader got you into the HOF. I guess Paul O'Neill and Tino Martinez are getting in then too.
They haven't put up near the numbers Chipper has.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Absolutely not to whoever asked about Bartolo Colon.

How bout Allan Houston?

Not even remotely close...

Jeff Bagwell

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Lol I know I just wanted to see if there was a fellow knicks fan on the board.

As far as Bagwell goes, I really wanna say yes, but I'm not sure. I'll say no. He's got great numbers, and an MVP to boot, but it seems that either 500 homers or 3000 hits has become the benchmark for future hall of famers, and he has neither...I will say though, it would not surprise me at all if he was inducted.

How bout John Franco?

Jets will not take McFadden...

Last edited by nvot9 : 09-05-2007 at 08:19 PM.
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote