Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-28-2006, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
If Urlacher is overated I challenge anyone to name a MLB in the game today better than him.

If you said Zach Thomas or Vilma, you're wrong.

Give him another MVP or a Pro Bowl or two and he's in the HOF.
Before I say this, understand that I believe Urlacher is the best MIKE in the game.

Having that said, I think he's overrated in a sense that he could be even better than he is, IF he only had a brain (duh duhadada [lame attempt at singing the Wizard of Oz]).

Urlacher does not call the plays, line up his teammates or call defensive audibles. I believe Mike Brown holds those responsibilities. I could be wrong though, and if I am, heck, Urlacher still doesn't do a good job at it. He is not a cerebral type linebacker. He gets by too much on his pure athleticism. I see him take the wrong angle many times, but he just happens to save himself and make an "incredible" play by thrusting his body back into the proper area and making a play. Thats all fine and dandy now, but he won't have that forever, and he will fall off HARD when he loses it. He has all the physical tools, but he has no brains to go with it.

I think Vilma can overtake him in a couple of years easily. He has the instincts and the brain. But Urlacher will fall off just like Ray Lewis. But unlike Lewis, his dropoff will be even worse because he won't have any instincts to fall back on.
Um Brian Urlacher has called the plays. He is the one that calls for all the defensive audibles. He is the one that the coach gave the QB wrist to. Also, Brian Urlacher has great instincts. I have no idea where you are getting this from. He puts up great numbers year in and year out, even with all the talent around him. There is no LB faster then him. Turn on a Bears game once in a while, because quite honestly, you have no idea what you are talking about.

no doubt i think the top three are wilson,urlacher,lewis in no order..and urlacher is probably on the top of the list...but i can name a hand full mabey 2 of LBs faster then urlacher 2 being on the broncos...in williams and gold and possibly wilson as all of them run in the 4.45 range
Old 10-28-2006, 08:46 PM    (permalink

How did Vick not win?
Old 10-28-2006, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
How did Vick not win?
Because actual NFL players don't think he is overrated.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I firmly believe that the Falcons will never be able to beat us so long as Vick is their QB and Urlacher is our MLB. Urlacher's speed completely neutralizes Vick and containes his ability to run. I really only have two games to reinforce this, but in both games he was shut down.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If Urlacher is overated I challenge anyone to name a MLB in the game today better than him.

Before I say this, understand that I believe Urlacher is the best MIKE in the game.

Having that said, I think he's overrated in a sense that he could be even better than he is, IF he only had a brain (duh duhadada [lame attempt at singing the Wizard of Oz]).

Urlacher does not call the plays, line up his teammates or call defensive audibles. I believe Mike Brown holds those responsibilities. I could be wrong though, and if I am, heck, Urlacher still doesn't do a good job at it. He is not a cerebral type linebacker. He gets by too much on his pure athleticism. I see him take the wrong angle many times, but he just happens to save himself and make an "incredible" play by thrusting his body back into the proper area and making a play. Thats all fine and dandy now, but he won't have that forever, and he will fall off HARD when he loses it. He has all the physical tools, but he has no brains to go with it.

I think Vilma can overtake him in a couple of years easily. He has the instincts and the brain. But Urlacher will fall off just like Ray Lewis. But unlike Lewis, his dropoff will be even worse because he won't have any instincts to fall back on.
Um Brian Urlacher has called the plays. He is the one that calls for all the defensive audibles. He is the one that the coach gave the QB wrist to. Also, Brian Urlacher has great instincts. I have no idea where you are getting this from. He puts up great numbers year in and year out, even with all the talent around him. There is no LB faster then him. Turn on a Bears game once in a while, because quite honestly, you have no idea what you are talking about.
Ok, I could be wrong there in terms of calling plays. But I am right in him not being an entirely bright fellow. Don't be blinded by his speed and athleticism. Prior to the implementation of Cover 2, Urlacher had repeatedly taken the wrong gaps and bad angles. Cover 2 was perfect for him because he gets to drop in a zone and just defend whatever comes in his way. Its also kept him relatively healthy keeping him farther away from the LOS. But I see many times he's not in the right spot, but because he's so athletically gifted, he's able to recuperate and make a play on the ball. That is great right now, but when you lose your speed, you gotta rely on your brains and instincts. Urlacher's is not elite in those categories.

You'll see in due time. Ive already stated he's the best in the league. But he clearly is not the smartest. I can name 5 MIKEs smarter than him. He just happens to be a hell of a lot faster.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I firmly believe that the Falcons will never be able to beat us so long as Vick is their QB and Urlacher is our MLB. Urlacher's speed completely neutralizes Vick and containes his ability to run. I really only have two games to reinforce this, but in both games he was shut down.
no doubt. All the bears basically had to do was let Urlacher spy Vick. Vick had no chance in hell.

That is basically what I do in madden when I face the falcons

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddygoombatts
IMO, Urlacher and Peppers have a distinct line drawn behind them as the two best defensive players in the game.

I think some people get "great tackle machines" mixed up with "great linebackers". Urlacher can make game changing plays and can single handely take games over. That is what GREAT players do, in other words...stats can be misleading. Yes, Fletcher, Vilma, and Thomas are all good players and vitalely important to their teams, but their stats are padded by not having talent around them. To stand out on defense like the Bears is impressive to say the least. Also, to say there is a better linebacker in the game today would be purley to play the "devil's advocate". Another good couple of seasons and will should easily be considered a top 10 LB of all time, thus an eventual HOFer.
He is definately not a HOFer yet. And there are definately 10 MIKEs in the history of the game better than him. Let's not overhype him like that just yet.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, I could be wrong there in terms of calling plays. But I am right in him not being an entirely bright fellow. Don't be blinded by his speed and athleticism. Prior to the implementation of Cover 2, Urlacher had repeatedly taken the wrong gaps and bad angles. Cover 2 was perfect for him because he gets to drop in a zone and just defend whatever comes in his way. Its also kept him relatively healthy keeping him farther away from the LOS. But I see many times he's not in the right spot, but because he's so athletically gifted, he's able to recuperate and make a play on the ball. That is great right now, but when you lose your speed, you gotta rely on your brains and instincts. Urlacher's is not elite in those categories.

You'll see in due time. Ive already stated he's the best in the league. But he clearly is not the smartest. I can name 5 MIKEs smarter than him. He just happens to be a hell of a lot faster.
Give him a football IQ test. I bet you he would pass with flying colors.

Old 10-28-2006, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

no doubt i think the top three are wilson,urlacher,lewis in no order..and urlacher is probably on the top of the list...but i can name a hand full mabey 2 of LBs faster then urlacher 2 being on the broncos...in williams and gold and possibly wilson as all of them run in the 4.45 range
I should have put it this way, there is no MLB who is faster then him in pads, on a field, IMHO.

Old 10-28-2006, 09:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Let me clarify before I give the wrong impression. Urlacher is the best MIKE in the game. However, I feel he could be even better if he had the instincts of a Zach Thomas or Antonio Pierce (no homer, he's a smart dude). Urlacher gets by on his speed right now, but if he had Thomas's instincts, the guy would dominate this game like you wouldn't believe.

He's still the best MIKE in the game though.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:01 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Let me clarify before I give the wrong impression. Urlacher is the best MIKE in the game. However, I feel he could be even better if he had the instincts of a Zach Thomas or Antonio Pierce (no homer, he's a smart dude). Urlacher gets by on his speed right now, but if he had Thomas's instincts, the guy would dominate this game like you wouldn't believe.

i have to agree with BBD.... urlacher is one guy who has enough skill and pure athleticism to get buy even without the great instincts... but his a gamer which makes him so good.... but with better instincts, i agree that he could be even more dominant

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

okay, that is reasonable. You were a bit misleading before

Old 10-28-2006, 09:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think your dislike for the cover 2 is rearing its head here.

Yes he had bad instincts as a rookie, he was also a converted safety playing at OLB, and then moved to MLB his second season, and he still won DROY and made the Pro-Bowl.

I have no idea if he's a top-five smartest Mike or not, but the system is geared towards Urlacher doing what he wants. He can line up right over the center, cut back, and cover the tight end 20 yards down the field. You're right, his athletic ability lets him do things other linebackers simply cannot do. That being said, when that ability starts to wane, I'm not so sure you can't say he won't be able to adjust simple because he hasn't had to yet.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:

That bolded part is pretty much what I've been thinking, I didn't know quite how to say it nor did I have the right situation to say it on here unless I made a thread, and well I'm a Packer fan so that would turn into a dumb arguement. Anyways, what I think is this: He is a great player, but not a great Middle Linebacker. There are some guys in this league that are great players but if you look at exactly what you want out of that position they aren't that great. And these guys get by on athleticism, example: is Randy Moss a great player? Yes. is he a great Wide Reciever? (is he exactly what you want out of a reciever?) No. (insert Torry Holt, Marvin Harrison, etc.) Is Michael Vick a great player? Yes. Is he a great quarterback? No. Is Brian Urlacher a great player? Yes. Is he a great Middle Linebacker? No. He's a great player who happens to play Middle Linebacker. He has athletic ability that is top 5 in this league. That's all wonderful when he makes the top highlight reels, but if he wasn't the great athlete that he is what would he be?

As big and athletic as he is (6'4" 255), he doesn't shed blocks like he should to get to the run stopping tackles (that's what great Middle Backers do)Don't get me wrong I definitely do give him credit, I get to watch him every week living in the area I live in and he is amazing no doubt. Look, we're all football fans on here right? We all know something about football. If we all had that athletic ability that he has and were in the middle of that defense could we do the things he does? (Through many years of playing of course)

If you have the athletic ability Urlacher has and you were in his spot on that defense in the Arizona game, running around without any attempt by the opposition to get you blocked how many tackles would you make? It's not that hard to "take over a game" when you have that athleticism and nobody even tries to block you.

I don't know everything about football but I know that if I'm an Offensive Coordinator game planning against the Chicago Defense there's other players on that defense I have to try to take advantage of that are just as important as he is. So going into a Chicago game am I worried or scared of going against Urlacher? No but I'd be pulling hairs over the defense in general. Great player: Yes. Great Middle Linebacker:No. If you don't understand why I and I'm sure a few other people think these two things are different then that's fine but just remember that there's definitely more guys in the Hall of Fame because they were great at what their position required them to do versus being able to cover up their weaknesses by being a great athlete and putting up large stats.

Would I take him on my team? Of course. But I'd make sure I have a bunch of other guys with good and a few with great football instincts around him. Otherwise he's just flying around using his athleticism to clean up the trash left by very athletic but un-intelligent defensive teammates. I'd say Lance Briggs and Mike Brown have great instincts. Somebody said that Briggs wouldn't be the player he is if he wasn't with Urlacher which is true, however like we've been talking about great linebackers have great instincts and sometimes they trust them too much and guess wrong, which is why linebackers thrive so much when they have a great defense around them.

To add to this, Lance Briggs was on the Best Damn Sports Show Period after the Arizona game and stated that having Urlacher with him allows him to roam a bit and use his instincts to make plays and guess sometimes. And what is it about Urlacher that allows Briggs to do this? His athleticism. I think Urlacher's a tad overrated, I think he does get hyped for the right things, which is his athleticism and that allows him to do the things he does, but nobody mentions the things he doesn't do well on any broadcasts, however scouts and such would know those things.

I think he'll be a Hall of Famer and I think he should be if he keeps his play level close to this another 3 years. We'll also see how he compensates for losing his athletic ability in the future, see if he can really turn into a field general. If he had the mind of a Ray Lewis, Zack Thomas, Mike Singletary, etc. right now he'd probably be the best ever.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Also when he was younger he largely benefitted from having Keith Traylor and Ted Washington in front of him thus basically padding his stats by getting those tackles caused by their run stoppage, anybody could do that. I believe it was his 1st year at MLB. Anyway that's really here nor there, he's benefitting from having a great defense around him right now. Just look at Zack Thomas right now, he has about 3 or 4 good players on his defense outside of him right now and he leads the league in tackles. That's what the best MLB's can do.

Bosanac01
Old 10-28-2006, 09:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk
Quote:
Quote:

That bolded part is pretty much what I've been thinking, I didn't know quite how to say it nor did I have the right situation to say it on here unless I made a thread, and well I'm a Packer fan so that would turn into a dumb arguement. Anyways, what I think is this: He is a great player, but not a great Middle Linebacker. There are some guys in this league that are great players but if you look at exactly what you want out of that position they aren't that great. And these guys get by on athleticism, example: is Randy Moss a great player? Yes. is he a great Wide Reciever? (is he exactly what you want out of a reciever?) No. (insert Torry Holt, Marvin Harrison, etc.) Is Michael Vick a great player? Yes. Is he a great quarterback? No. Is Brian Urlacher a great player? Yes. Is he a great Middle Linebacker? No. He's a great player who happens to play Middle Linebacker. He has athletic ability that is top 5 in this league. That's all wonderful when he makes the top highlight reels, but if he wasn't the great athlete that he is what would he be? As big and athletic as he is (6'4" 255), he doesn't shed blocks like he should to get to the run stopping tackles (that's what great Middle Backers do)Don't get me wrong I definitely do give him credit, I get to watch him every week living in the area I live in and he is amazing no doubt. Look, we're all football fans on here right? We all know something about football. If we all had that athletic ability that he has and were in the middle of that defense could we do the things he does? (Through many years of playing of course) If you have the athletic ability Urlacher has and you were in his spot on that defense in the Arizona game, running around without any attempt by the opposition to get you blocked how many tackles would you make? It's not that hard to "take over a game" when you have that athleticism and nobody even tries to block you. I don't know everything about football but I know that if I'm an Offensive Coordinator game planning against the Chicago Defense there's other players on that defense I have to try to take advantage of that are just as important as he is. So going into a Chicago game am I worried or scared of going against Urlacher? No but I'd be pulling hairs over the defense in general. Great player: Yes. Great Middle Linebacker:No. If you don't understand why I and I'm sure a few other people think these two things are different then that's fine but just remember that there's definitely more guys in the Hall of Fame because they were great at what their position required them to do versus being able to cover up their weaknesses by being a great athlete and putting up large stats. Would I take him on my team? Of course. But I'd make sure I have a bunch of other guys with good and a few with great football instincts around him. Otherwise he's just flying around using his athleticism to clean up the trash left by very athletic but un-intelligent defensive teammates. I'd say Lance Briggs and Mike Brown have great instincts. Somebody said that Briggs wouldn't be the player he is if he wasn't with Urlacher which is true, however like we've been talking about great linebackers have great instincts and sometimes they trust them too much and guess wrong, which is why linebackers thrive so much when they have a great defense around them. To add to this, Lance Briggs was on the Best Damn Sports Show Period after the Arizona game and stated that having Urlacher with him allows him to roam a bit and use his instincts to make plays and guess sometimes. And what is it about Urlacher that allows Briggs to do this? His athleticism. I think Urlacher's a tad overrated, I think he does get hyped for the right things, which is his athleticism and that allows him to do the things he does, but nobody mentions the things he doesn't do well on any broadcasts, however scouts and such would know those things. I think he'll be a Hall of Famer and I think he should be if he keeps his play level close to this another 3 years. We'll also see how he compensates for losing his athletic ability in the future, see if he can really turn into a field general. If he had the mind of a Ray Lewis, Zack Thomas, Mike Singletary, etc. right now he'd probably be the best ever.
Dude, you gotta make paragraphs. Holy crap that hurt my eyes.

I think being this is a draft website, alot of people get enamored with "measureables" and alot of times equate ability with it. Like Peppers has to be the best because he's an athletic freak. Mario Williams has to be good because he's so big and strong. But what we fail to realize is, this game is a game of brains. Some guys are athletes but not football players. Some guys are the other way around. We should not judge players based just on how big and fast they are, but also on what they do on the field. Alot of times we let 40 times and weight machines cloud our vision.

Mike Singletary physically has no business being considered one of the best MIKEs ever. But he was...because he was one of the smartest ever. Just an example to show what Im saying.

Courtney Brown had all the measureables, but he didn't turn out great.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

I made it into paragraphs, that's a really long post. I never thought of it cause when I'm typing on the internet I don't really take the paragraph approach. I'm just glad I don't write or type run on sentences that's like talking too much or studdering terribly.

Bosanac01
Old 10-28-2006, 10:04 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

If you specifically watch Urlacher during play, you will continusly be amazed at how many great things he does but go unnoticed. I remember focusing in on urlacher during the Cards-Bears game, on a 9 yard run by Edrin James, the edge's lead blocker was the strong side guard, Urlacher was chasing down Edge and absolutly lit up the guard at full sprint, I rewound it like 4 times, it was so awsome.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:11 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What blue is saying is if you put Zach Thomas' brain in Brian Urlacher he would be the best player ever, instead he is just the best MLB in the game today.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:29 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He wasn't overrated until this thread was started... :?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
What blue is saying is if you put Zach Thomas' brain in Brian Urlacher he would be the best player ever, instead he is just the best MLB in the game today.
I can live with that, i guess, even though I disagree with it a bit.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
He wasn't overrated until this thread was started... :?
You're Mother 8)

Old 10-28-2006, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Pretty much. I think that's very true.

Bosanac01
Old 10-29-2006, 01:32 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Most underrated player in the game:

Buffalo Bills' MLB London Fletcher-Baker

Discuss.
Nope...its Mike Vrabel. Seriously. How many times to hear his name mentioned amongst the top 3-4 OLBs in the game? Barely. Yet he's in the top 5 easily, probably top 3. Yet no love. Its Vrabel.

And Jason Taylor is the most underappreciated DE in the game.

And Kerry Rhodes is the most underappreciated Safety.

And Ty Warren is the most underappreciated DT (I know, he's technically a DE, but you get what I'm saying).
I agree I would also add in Leonard Little he is a great DE and he gets little respect.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Urlacher is a MONSTER!!!! Im not sure if im recalling this correctly but i believe in one game in HS he took out 2 QB's 1 RB and an OL with concussions for hitting them so hard.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote