Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 05-02-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
There should be no way D Manning moves to CB with the drafting of 2 CBs
It's highly unlikely that both of them make the team. 7th rounders, at best, have a 50/50 shot of making the final roster.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
IBleedNavyandOrange
Rookie

IBleedNavyandOrange hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Plus, safety depth is a bit more important. All the CBs on the team last year are returning. So I'd expect D. Manning to get all his reps at safety.

I'd really like to see some shake-up at LB (besides the obvious Briggs situation). I think Hillenmeyer is a weak point in the defense, and maybe Bazuin can play there? Wait, I must be high... my problem with Hillenmeyer is that he's a liability in coverage, and there's no way a 'tweener LB/DE can hold up in coverage consistently.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedNavyandOrange View Post
Plus, safety depth is a bit more important. All the CBs on the team last year are returning. So I'd expect D. Manning to get all his reps at safety.

I'd really like to see some shake-up at LB (besides the obvious Briggs situation). I think Hillenmeyer is a weak point in the defense, and maybe Bazuin can play there? Wait, I must be high... my problem with Hillenmeyer is that he's a liability in coverage, and there's no way a 'tweener LB/DE can hold up in coverage consistently.
I completely disagree about Hillenmeyer being a liability in coverage. He matched up one-on-one against most of the tight ends in the NFL. You can argue that he's not an impact player, but I'm not looking for interceptions out of my SLB.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It's highly unlikely that both of them make the team. 7th rounders, at best, have a 50/50 shot of making the final roster.
figure we keep 1 at least

CB: Vash, Tillman, R Manning, Dante Wesley, Rookie we drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dante Wesley is outta here.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heres a mini-mock I put together.

If Rexy does good but Benson only does average.

1st rd: Barry Richardson OT
2nd rd: Trade up using our 2nd rd pick and our 2 3rd rd picks: Felix Jones RB (if he comes out)
3rd rd: Complementary of losing Briggs: Marcus Monk WR

Grossman fails

1st rd: Barry Richardson OT-This is necessary OT is a huge need.
2nd rd: same deal: John David Booty-I think 3-4 qbs tops in the 1st so guys like JDB, Keller, Ryan, and Flynn should all be avaible. I wouldnt touch Henne with a 10 foot pole.
3rd complementary:Monk again unless one of the good RBs drop.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3

Last edited by Bearsfan123 : 09-04-2007 at 11:52 PM.
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:23 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like that little mock Bf123. I dont think that Benson will be on such a short leash though in his 1st year as a full time RB. I think only if he gets hurt we draft a RB in the 2nd. Maybe Felix Jones, but there are some nice senior players like Choice (doesnt compliment benson well?), Allen Patrick, Albert Young, and my personal favorite Justin Forsett. But I think you were just more aiming at the fact that RB would be drafted.

And good deal w/ QB. I would love Booty, and Ryan would be nice too. One guy after seeing him play 1 game that I have really started to like is Erik Ainge. If he fell to us, or we traded for him in the 2nd (pending Grossman is terrible) I would be happy w/ that too.

And as for Monk, great. But would he fall that far into the 3rd round?

Quote:
Old 09-05-2007, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for Monk i believe hes injured right now, and everything Ive read has him falling to the third right now. As for him falling that far, I think if he doesnt come back right away and on track, he may be overlooked.

You hit the nail on the head, I think if Benson doesnt live up to his billing, (which is to say he ran like he did in Preseason) that we put the pressure on him and draft a back in the high second rd range.

QB is going to be stacked this year. Alot of second rd signal callers are going to be drafted imo.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 09-05-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Yeah, I really like the draft class. Not a lot of Superstars like VY and Leinart, but a lot of guys who have had very solid college careers, and have potential to be good.

And if Monk fell to us, that would be awesome. I remember watching him, and I was so impressed by this guy who I had never heard of before.

Quote:
Old 09-06-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We won't see compensation for Briggs until the 2009 draft.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

damn, sorry i thought it was the year of. Well that screws everything up now dont it...

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 09-06-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

agreed that henne shouldn't be touched with a ten foot pole.
unless he's available in the fifth round.

i mean. think they are gonna focus more on the O-Line next year (much as i said the bears'd do this year, but never look a gift horse in the mouth in way of Greg Olsen). because, face it, they have to. it's that time.

i think both grossman and benson will perform fine. if grossman hits 59-60& and goes 25-18 i'd be happy. if benson goes 1200 and 8 i'd be happy. and i wouldn't even consider changing

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote