Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-29-2006, 04:34 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys
UT recruiting is fine... The thing is we dont need to go out of state because we have all the best talent in the great state of Texas. When we speak with recruits out of state Oscar, Ken, Mac, Bobby all go through the motions and we dont really extend ourselves to recruiting these guys unless they are five star recruits. We get the best players from Texas usually without any hassle.

This year we have got 3 out of state recruits so far and one of them is a Five star QB and the other is a Four star player. Thats all we really need for out of state recruits. Everything else we can find in Texas :).

Speaking of overrated, Georgia & ND get my votes. No question here in my opinion.
not about the first one, but yeah about the second one.

they ARE the best athletes in the nation, but the thing is they are really really stupid. i wouldnt trust them taking a 6th grade math test.
Who is "they"? Longhorn recruits? Are you being serious about those 2 comments?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:36 AM    (permalink
snuff

There are smart and stupid recruits at every university.... USC is no better than UT.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah... You can be blessed with all the speed and physical attributes in the world but if your not a somewhat smart player you aint going to be much of a player.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:21 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Yeah... You can be blessed with all the speed and physical attributes in the world but if your not a somewhat smart player you aint going to be much of a player.
Didn't Vince Young get an awful Wonderlic score? He's a pretty good player.

And i'd venture to guess that Chad Johnson, Sean Taylor and Randy Moss weren't rhodes scholars either, so where are you getting at?
Old 10-29-2006, 10:58 AM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahhahahaah

Danman

It's Rhodes scholar.

ahhhhh funny
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:

And i'd venture to guess that Chad Johnson, Sean Taylor and Randy Moss weren't rogue scholars either, so where are you getting at?
I wasnt referring to how they do on Wonderlic tests or academics. Football Smarts....

Sean Taylor lol... Is he a great player or something?

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:31 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And i'd venture to guess that Chad Johnson, Sean Taylor and Randy Moss weren't rogue scholars either, so where are you getting at?
I wasnt referring to how they do on Wonderlic tests or academics. Football Smarts....

Sean Taylor lol... Is he a great player or something?
:?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:44 PM    (permalink
snuff

Wtf is a rogue scholar?

I guess danman's in the same boat with Vince, as not being a Rhodes Scholar.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:59 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Wtf is a rogue scholar?

Old 10-29-2006, 05:29 PM    (permalink
danman253

whoops
Old 10-29-2006, 05:31 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Wtf is a rogue scholar?

Gotcha snuff
Old 10-29-2006, 05:32 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1SaintsFan
Quote:
Wtf is a rogue scholar?

allright cheap shot by #1SaintsFan, couldn't expet it from a nicer guy :roll:
Old 10-29-2006, 07:22 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1SaintsFan
Quote:
Wtf is a rogue scholar?

allright cheap shot by #1SaintsFan, couldn't expet it from a nicer guy :roll:
No cheap shot. I don't hold grudges in life, much less on message boards. Snuff made a funny comment. I'm not getting into it with you again.