Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-23-2006, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Also still defending Bledsoe I see when many other Cowboy fans and the rest of the world agree that he is not a great QB anymore. I think it is a big of an exagerration (mostly because of frustration) by the original poster about how much better Eli is than Bledsoe, but I tend to agree with him.

That is kind of my point in this whole deal. You must realize that roughly 95% of all fans are of the "casual" variety, and have their opinions dictated by media propaganda such as NFL Live, Total Access, Sportscenter and Inside the NFL. I am acutely aware of this this particular season because I've seen the discrepency between what has been reported in the on-going "TO Saga" vs. what has actually happened. It really is a disgrace.

The way this affects the Bledsoe situation is that it is the knee-jerk, rush-to-judgment analysis that is based more off of highlight reels and "inside sources", a.k.a. fabrications, than reality and honest-to-goodness analysis of his play.

The result is people like #10 who really haven't seen that much of him, don't know anything about the coaching staff's sentiments regarding his play, and yet feel like they are the experts on the situation because guys like Salisbury, Schlereth, Golic, Faulk and Schefter(don't even get me started on how unqualified this guy is to be analyzing football) are all slamming him and his ability.

Now, I understand that Bledsoe has not been all-world so far this season. I understand that he has struggled in the most important game he has played so far this year. But to simply ignore his production and excellence during the majority of the season while magnifying his mistakes, even if they were in crucial junctures, is the kind of skin-deep judgmental stupidity that I detest. All I am trying to do is provide a little levity to the discussion. I feel like a broken record here.
Try this. STOP CALLING ME OUT.

Don't sit there and tell me I don't watch enough of the Cowboys. I have watched 3 full Cowboys games (start to end) and caught glimpses of the others. My roomate and best friend is a Cowboys fan who by the way wants Bledsoe out at starting QB.

Look no further than some of the Cowboys fans that are calling for Romo to take over the helm before you try to look down on me for being under the correct impression that Eli Manning is a better QB than Drew Bledsoe.
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

.......Chirp.......Chirp

Maybe Bledsoe was hurt or something. No way would he get benched for Romo. I mean, he is the 2nd best QB in the division.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cannot believe Cowboys fans were actually arguing that Bledsoe was good. Although Eli makes some dumb decisions at times, he is still a lot better than Bledsoe.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
I cannot believe Cowboys fans were actually arguing that Bledsoe was good. Although Eli makes some dumb decisions at times, he is still a lot better than Bledsoe.
He gets flustered a bit but I can't even kill him for his INT last night. That is why we have Plax, to go one on one with a corner in the end zone. For some reason Plax couldn't read that deep ball as good as the corner and Plax pulled up short and tried to jump like he was 8 feet tall. While the corner realized that the pass was heading for the back of the end zone not the front.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:19 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I think they're done with arguing his case. The switch came one week too late for some people.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

For those of you that called me a homer for saying that Eli is better than Bledsoe....you owe me apology on top of apology and you should consider never calling me out again.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:10 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to own up, it is sure looking, at least at this point, like I was dead wrong on this one. Last night Bledsoe wasn't actually that bad, but that Int in the endzone was as bone-head a play as there is in this league.

You'll notice, though, that Eli wasn't great either. He made a bad-ass pass to Plax down the sideline that is a perfect illustration of what he is capable of. You will not see a better placed ball all year long. Newman had perfect coverage. It was 1-on-1 down the feild, and both Plax and Eli made great plays. That one was truly a beauty.

Besides that, though, Eli was erratic and off for most of the night. Even though he was getting pretty good protection, he wasn't able to give the knock out blow to a team that was obviously reeling.

But, again, on Drew Bledsoe I am fully prepared to admit being full of sh** if there is not a dramatic turn around very soon. As of now, it doesn't look like there will be.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
Just to own up, it is sure looking, at least at this point, like I was dead wrong on this one. Last night Bledsoe wasn't actually that bad, but that Int in the endzone was as bone-head a play as there is in this league.

You'll notice, though, that Eli wasn't great either. He made a bad-ass pass to Plax down the sideline that is a perfect illustration of what he is capable of. You will not see a better placed ball all year long. Newman had perfect coverage. It was 1-on-1 down the feild, and both Plax and Eli made great plays. That one was truly a beauty.

Besides that, though, Eli was erratic and off for most of the night. Even though he was getting pretty good protection, he wasn't able to give the knock out blow to a team that was obviously reeling.

But, again, on Drew Bledsoe I am fully prepared to admit being full of sh** if there is not a dramatic turn around very soon. As of now, it doesn't look like there will be.
Good job on keeping your word....but don't ever call me out telling me my views are obstructed by being a homer. I have clicked on all cylinders with my predictions for the Giants this year and I give a ton of respect to the other teams in our division, more so than we get from you guys.

End of argument.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:08 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

giants 3-0 vs NFC East. nuff said.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all i know is from the first post in this thread, i said blesoe was horrible, and didnt want him as my qb, and that eli was better...so i dont have ANY owning up to do...

but i will say to giants fans, some of you are acting like the season was over yesterday and we all just stop playing...your record is one game better thus far, doesnt mean you won the division, or will win out from here on, so how about relax a little on that..

Number 10: Kudos for having predictions right THUS far, but the seasons not over, just because you predicted us as a 3rd place finish, doesnt mean anything right now because we are 3rd after 7 games, ill give you props at the end of the season, but this whole feeling coming from you guys is as if the season ended with that game, you still have division games left, i dont care if they are at home or not, you still have to play the games, no one is a lock to win any game ahead of time....

so before you annoint the giants nfc each champs, and the eagles in cowboys in that order lets finish the year....last year i cant remember how many people called the redskins last place finishers then, and they ended up going 2 rounds deep in the playoffs....u never know how things will play off, yes u have the advantage and upper hand, but thats no reason to act as if its time to wrap things up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

How long until the Romo is better than Eli posts begin?
Old 10-30-2006, 03:07 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
Number 10: Kudos for having predictions right THUS far, but the seasons not over, just because you predicted us as a 3rd place finish, doesnt mean anything right now because we are 3rd after 7 games, ill give you props at the end of the season, but this whole feeling coming from you guys is as if the season ended with that game, you still have division games left, i dont care if they are at home or not, you still have to play the games, no one is a lock to win any game ahead of time....

so before you annoint the giants nfc each champs, and the eagles in cowboys in that order lets finish the year....last year i cant remember how many people called the redskins last place finishers then, and they ended up going 2 rounds deep in the playoffs....u never know how things will play off, yes u have the advantage and upper hand, but thats no reason to act as if its time to wrap things up

8)

the eagles lost again, they sure arent sure fire to finish 2nd, neither are we a lock to finish third....lots of games to be played

Quote:
Old 10-30-2006, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:

8)

the eagles lost again, they sure arent sure fire to finish 2nd, neither are we a lock to finish third....lots of games to be played
I predicted the Cowboys having a 2nd place finish and a playoff birth.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Lol, give it 2 more weeks.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

8)

are you sure you didnt edit or delete a post on this page then :? coulda swore i just saw a post that said you had the cowboys finishing third with the eagles 2nd, and after last week you said you were dead on with your projections, had i not seen that i wouldnt of felt the need to comment and throw you name in...now that i went back, looks like its been deleted or edited out

Quote:
Old 10-30-2006, 03:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

8)

are you sure you didnt edit or delete a post on this page then :? coulda swore i just saw a post that said you had the cowboys finishing third with the eagles 2nd, and after last week you said you were dead on with your projections, had i not seen that i wouldnt of felt the need to comment and throw you name in...now that i went back, looks like its been deleted or edited out
I actually had the Cowboys winning the division, and the Giants winning a wild card spot. I thought our first 8 games of our schedule would be too brutal to win the division. As of right now, theyve impressed me with their performance, but the season is far from over. So far the Giants are the front runner to win it. My initial prediction was this

1. Cowboys 12-4/11-5
2. Giants 11-5/10-6
3. Eagles 8-8/9-7
4. Redskins 6-10

Im not gonna complain about the Giants exceeding my expectations so far though.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

8)

Maybe I said the Eagles have the 2nd best offense in the division. But I have been saying all year that the Boys and G-Men are going to the playoffs. Ask all of your Dallas buddies.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:

I say if he does well and they beat the 'Skins, it will be next monday..

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:

I say if he does well and they beat the 'Skins, it will be next monday..
I'm suprised DMW hasn't been here yet.