Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-06-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default AP Poll now allowing D1-AA teams

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3008022

Voters can now vote D1-AA teams or FCS teams into the weekly AP Top 25 poll. Don't be shocked to see Appalacian State getting a bunch of votes next week
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:02 AM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As shocking as my school beating Michigan is, I'd have to say that this is even more shocking.

Single-handedly forcing the AP to accept votes for Div-II teams in the top 25?? That may be App. State's ultimate legacy.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX View Post
As shocking as my school beating Michigan is, I'd have to say that this is even more shocking.

Single-handedly forcing the AP to accept votes for Div-II teams in the top 25?? That may be App. State's ultimate legacy.
its D-1aa or bowl sub divison or some crap like that, not D-2
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
its D-1aa or bowl sub divison or some crap like that, not D-2
technically the AP is allowing all lower divisions so technically a D2 or D3 team could be voted in as well
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally I think this is a REALLY dumb idea. It's not like AppState or any other DII team ever plays more than 1 Division I team per year, or at least not more than 1 decent DI team per year, let alone top 25...and even if a D1AA team did play 2 top 25 teams in a year the chances are slim that they beat them both. What I'm saying is how can you rank some tiny school team in the top 25 just b/c they beat Michigan but all the rest of their games are vs. D1AA competition?!? It's stupid. The media are morons.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
UCFNoleFan

What's the point, they can't go to a BCS game, so it doesn't really do anything, its just a way for the media to keep capitalizing on this by making more news out of App St. beating Michigan.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
MikeIsGood
Rookie

MikeIsGood hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Personally I think this is a REALLY dumb idea. It's not like AppState or any other DII team ever plays more than 1 Division I team per year, or at least not more than 1 decent DI team per year, let alone top 25...and even if a D1AA team did play 2 top 25 teams in a year the chances are slim that they beat them both. What I'm saying is how can you rank some tiny school team in the top 25 just b/c they beat Michigan but all the rest of their games are vs. D1AA competition?!? It's stupid. The media are morons.
Agree completely. This is really stupid. How do you judge these teams that would theoretically make the poll? With one game per year?
MikeIsGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
NittanyLion2k7
Pro Bowler

NittanyLion2k7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Now now let's not be hasty. You guys are a bit shortsighted. True, as of now most DIAA teams only play one DIA team per year. But this eligibility for future polls opens up the possibility of more Interdivision matchups in the future since now they can be ranked.

Because App State beat Michigan, they have warranted consideration to being ranked. And because now they are allowed to be rank, this will encourage more DIAA teams to schedule more DIA teams on their schedule.

Cause and effect...
NittanyLion2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
MikeIsGood
Rookie

MikeIsGood hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yea, after beating Michigan, I'm sure schools from the major six will be lining up to face off against DIAA (whatever it's called now) schools like App. State. The sarcasm is not meant to be malicious. Rather, to make a point.

On the contrary, after seeing what it has done to Michigan (5th to 35th) schools realize that they have absolutely nothing to gain by playing the DIAA powers, but SO much to lose.
MikeIsGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep. I bet more and more teams will stop scheduling D1-AA teams and schedule ****** D1-A teams.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're a fan of sports in general, you probably saw this coming. Everybody wants parity. Only MLB hates it. Everybody wants a shot. The days of a few teams dominating are gone. You'll never see teams like Florida State dominate like they did in the 90s. All these small budget schools want what the big budget schools spend. I think it's really bad for college football, especially in a game that doesn't have a playoff system to determine the championship.

That said, it makes Hawaii's schedule count more. :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

I cant wait to see Grand Valley State ranked #25 lol
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote