Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-04-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
No argument, I'm just clarifying the truth. Didn't Boise St. beat OU last year as well? You mention BYU, Utah, Iowa St., Texas Tech...

Well, I'm not all up and up on Boise's schedule the last few years, but Hawaii is in the WAC and I have followed them. Michigan St., Purdue, Northwestern, Alabama, Arizona St.... all teams Hawaii beat in very recent years. While their schedule is weak this year, it is a byproduct of us beating these teams and scaring opponents away. Nobody wanted to face Colt Brennan in his senior year and that is a fact.

The WAC is on the rise and I can't really say that about the Mountain West. Boise St, Fresno St, Hawaii are the big 3 with New Mexico State, San Jose State, Nevada and UNLV close behind.
UNLV is in the Mountain West Conference
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
UNLV is in the Mountain West Conference
I guess we play them so often, I forget.

Back to the subject...

Texas wins this game but doesn't cover the spread.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
This is a slightly off topic but LonghornsLegend, I just noticed you sig says Texas University...
sure does, it was a typo by NEXXX, not sure if he's still around or not, but i asked him to see if he could change it and well that never happened, beggers cant be choosers, but its time to move on to the next sig...

but on topic, TCU doesnt always have the easiest schedule, and when they do get big opponents always come to play...ive bee a fan of TCU for some time and love the program they have built over the last few years...it takes some guts to put teams like Texas on your schedule when you could easily walk to an undefeated record every yr with small time games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
No argument, I'm just clarifying the truth. Didn't Boise St. beat OU last year as well? You mention BYU, Utah, Iowa St., Texas Tech...

Well, I'm not all up and up on Boise's schedule the last few years, but Hawaii is in the WAC and I have followed them. Michigan St., Purdue, Northwestern, Alabama, Arizona St.... all teams Hawaii beat in very recent years. While their schedule is weak this year, it is a byproduct of us beating these teams and scaring opponents away. Nobody wanted to face Colt Brennan in his senior year and that is a fact.

The WAC is on the rise and I can't really say that about the Mountain West. Boise St, Fresno St, Hawaii are the big 3 with New Mexico State, San Jose State, Nevada and UNLV close behind.
All them teams you named have been real powerhouses lately... Come on give me a break. I wouldnt want to face Hawaii either look at their current schedule. If you beat them noone is going to give you credit. BTW San Jose State absolutely blows.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:39 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think TCU is going to give Texas a good run for its money. I think an upset would not be out of the question especially considering how Texas looked against Arkansas St. during their opener.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:07 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
All them teams you named have been real powerhouses lately... Come on give me a break. I wouldnt want to face Hawaii either look at their current schedule. If you beat them noone is going to give you credit. BTW San Jose State absolutely blows.
There you go again, over exaggerating... I didn't incline to call them "powerhouses", but your twisting of it to sound like I did, makes me smirk. They are no worse than BYU, Utah or Iowa St... the teams you mentioned in crowning TCU.

This is the first year, Hawaii has had a really bad schedule, so don't act like it's a commonplace. They've scheduled USC, Wisconsin, Alabama, Michigan St, Purdue, Northwestern, Oregon St as their Non-Conference games in the last 2 years. Beating some of them has had a negative affect on scheduling more big schools, and if you don't accept that, you're flat out denying the truth.

San Jose State is getting better, but most people don't see it. They have been really bad in the past, but Dick Tomey is slowly turning that program around.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
There you go again, over exaggerating... I didn't incline to call them "powerhouses", but your twisting of it to sound like I did, makes me smirk. They are no worse than BYU, Utah or Iowa St... the teams you mentioned in crowning TCU.

This is the first year, Hawaii has had a really bad schedule, so don't act like it's a commonplace. They've scheduled USC, Wisconsin, Alabama, Michigan St, Purdue, Northwestern, Oregon St as their Non-Conference games in the last 2 years. Beating some of them has had a negative affect on scheduling more big schools, and if you don't accept that, you're flat out denying the truth.

San Jose State is getting better, but most people don't see it. They have been really bad in the past, but Dick Tomey is slowly turning that program around.
So im guessing you think Boise State is going to win at Washington this week? Boise is the favorite btw.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-05-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
So im guessing you think Boise State is going to win at Washington this week? Boise is the favorite btw.
I don't know what I think about that game. Hawaii will play both of them this season. I hope they have a tight game and that Hawaii smashes them both.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This Texas game is the only big time opponent TCU has had over the past 3 years. Other than this, they've only played cup cake teams, so don't over exaggerate like you usually do.

People knock the WAC like no other. It's a stereotype of many football fans. Yet when teams like Hawaii try to schedule better teams, most cop out. Michigan State pulled out of their game against us this year because they were afraid to lose. Michigan's AD had accepted Hawaii's offer to play them in their home opener, but Lloyd Carr rejected it wanting to play App St. USC, Texas, Louisville, Texas A&M all turned down Hawaii's offer to play them.
Dont worry D-Unit. New Mexico State will play you and beat you! :)
Old 09-05-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Dont worry D-Unit. New Mexico State will play you and beat you! :)
Ha ha.... I heard that before. We know what happened in your own house. This time you guys are coming to Hawaii and will go home thinking your the JV version of Hawaii.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
jbsg02
Rookie

jbsg02 is a cocksman.jbsg02 is a cocksman.jbsg02 is a cocksman.

Texas was REAL sloppy last week, they gotta do much better against TCU. If TCU wins, that's gonna be a HUGE blow for the big 12's rep, seeing as it's not so good right now.
jbsg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I'm going to say it right now and I hope I'm wrong, but TCU will win this game commandingly.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have to think Colt McCoy turns it around and has a much better game against TCU than he did against Arkansas St. I'm thinking Texas wins 27-13
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm going to say it right now and I hope I'm wrong, but TCU will win this game commandingly.
*gasp*

im shocked! lol no not really, but I would be surprised if TCU won commandingly though, as much as people want to focus on our first game I just think it opened our eyes up as a game we could lose, and to get on our feet...I dont think, IF it turns into a shootout that TCU can keep up, if its low scoring they have a very good chance....

but im still sticking with 31-20, but i cant help but be nervous with this game...no its not a big12 game so it wont be the end of the world, and i would be happy for TCU, but its a game we should win and i better see the progress with colt before i start calling for the dual qb system which i hate in texas

Quote:
Old 09-08-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
ncbigbody
Veteran

ncbigbody hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, seeing as how Colt McCoy is the most over rated QB in the country, coupled with the fact that Texas couldn't stop a middle school offense, I could see an uspet.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan
ncbigbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Well we didnt look very good in our opener, and it scares me because Colt is seasoned now, but at the same time it doesnt worry me...if anything id prefer a close game to keep us on our guard...

But I really like TCU, they have had a solid program for some years now, and this yr is no different, their defense is really strong and should keep the game relatively low scoring...I think we score low 30's, and that it should be close until the 2nd half then we pull away, but I really would not be surprised to see them squeak out an upset to be perfectly honest, we always play bad at least once a yr vs a team outside the normal tough matchups, but TCU is expected to give us a fight which makes me think mack brown will have the boys ready 2 play...

31-20 Texas
Final Score

Texas-34
TCU-13

I was pretty head on with most of my predictions of our team...We scored all 34 points in the 2nd half when we took over, and it ended up being 34-3 in the final 2 quarters...TCU hung in there and dominated in the first, but a few mistakes let the crowd get into it and was just too much

Quote:
Old 09-08-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Your Warriors almost lost to LA Tech. Heck of a gamble to go for the 2point conversion in overtime but didnt pay off.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Texas looked really good in the 2nd half of this game

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2