Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC South Division Forum

AFC South Division Forum Discuss the AFC South

Old 09-09-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default AFC South Discussion Thread - '13 Offseason

i had to start it, it was weird having the title say never.

Last edited by TitanHope : 11-30-2010 at 09:35 PM.
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darn you DChess! We can't help it that us AFC Southers are a bit on the quiet side. Oh well. I was kinda hoping a Team Leader would be the one to start it...I guess you'll do. ;)

But, while I'm here, GO TITANS!!! Chris Brown is a beast of burden!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Three teams start 1-0 in our division.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And only because 2 of them had to play each other... We could have gone 4-0 as a division...or 2-2... But 4-0 sounds much better to my ego!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to the Jaguars' run defense? Stroud + Henderson = 282 rushing yards?!

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

My guess is that Stroud, Heyward, and Peterson aren't 100% recovered from their injuries last year. That, and our underrated O-line played extremely well. Chris Brown would be through the line before Stroud or Henderson could even touch him. Not to mention, the Jag defense had to account for Vince Young on every play. I think Peterson was used to spy the QB, but I'm not sure.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

TitanAddict hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My theory is that Vince Young is deflecting the Madden jinx upon the rest of the AFC South. He's already hit Byron Leftwich, obviously, and I think we should count David Carr, too. I didn't expect for him to hit the Jag's run D, though. I guess we shouldn't be surprised if Peyton Manning somehow has a down year. He lit up the Saints, but I think Manning is mentally strong enough that Vince will probably have to make eye contact in order to deflect the jinx upon him. Lesser beings, such as Leftwich and Carr, don't require eye contact.

Just my honest opinion. :)
"A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!
TitanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

By the way, I want to congratulate the Texans and Jags on their improved QB situations. As an outsider looking in, it would seem that Matt Schaub and David Garrard will definitely improve your offenses.

Here's to the AFC South being the best division in football this year. Cheers!
"A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

Old 09-10-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanAddict View Post
My theory is that Vince Young is deflecting the Madden jinx upon the rest of the AFC South. He's already hit Byron Leftwich, obviously, and I think we should count David Carr, too. I didn't expect for him to hit the Jag's run D, though. I guess we shouldn't be surprised if Peyton Manning somehow has a down year. He lit up the Saints, but I think Manning is mentally strong enough that Vince will probably have to make eye contact in order to deflect the jinx upon him. Lesser beings, such as Leftwich and Carr, don't require eye contact.

Just my honest opinion. :)
If that is indeed the case, then I should thank VY for getting rid of Carr.

Thank you, Mr. Young.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem with the Jags run defense is that the defensive line has been depleted with injuries. Stroud is coming off offseason microfracture ankle surgery; Henderson's neck/shoulder/thing is tweaked or something; and Del Rio stated earlier this week that Hayward probably won't ever be the same player he was before his Achilles tear.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
The problem with the Jags run defense is that the defensive line has been depleted with injuries. Stroud is coming off offseason microfracture ankle surgery; Henderson's neck/shoulder/thing is tweaked or something; and Del Rio stated earlier this week that Hayward probably won't ever be the same player he was before his Achilles tear.
Well, that kinda hurts my Madden jinx deflection theory ... at least for the Jags run D. I still think VY will somehow hit Peyton with it, though. Maybe Peyton will deflect the jinx upon Jim Sorgi.

Madden --> VY
VY --> David Carr
VY --> Byron Leftwich
VY --> Peyton Manning
Peyton Manning --> Jim Sorgi

Mark it down ...

Old 09-11-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
That, and they can't shed blocks or tackle on the first try.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario Williams TD's 1
Reggie Bush TD's 0

OMG Mario Williams was the worst pick ever.... not

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I missed you smitty.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I missed you smitty.
I was busy this summer, but i'm back now.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
I was busy this summer, but i'm back now.
Good. I needed the other Pac Man fan on here.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Hey hey! Im a Pacman fan.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Good. I needed the other Pac Man fan on here.
Ediiiiiiittttttttedddddd for double post.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/st...99224792.shtml

The Jacksonville Jaguars game vs the Atlanta Falcons has been blacked out and will not be televised by the local news media in Jacksonville. The team says that it still has around 4,000 tickets to sell. They are not asking for an extension, either.

I'm not exactly surprised, but its unfortunate. I know that if I couldn't see a Titans game, I'd be very upset. Sorry guys, but it seems the "L.A. Jaguars" jokes has gone from jeering to a legitimate possibility.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahahah
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post

hahahah
Its actually pretty funny how theyve scripted his role in the company. Pacman pisses everyone off, and Ron Killings (the other guy there) does all the work (cause pacman cant wrestle) And after killings beats them down, pacman spraypaints "Pac" onto their back. Or in this case, he pins them to win the titles after the team hes facing turns on each other :P

Old 09-14-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Titles for PacMan: 1
Titles for the Titans: ...fudge you Goodell!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

So is there any more doubt that David Carr sucks and Houston just needed a real quarterback?
Old 09-16-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would think not, and readily admit that I was wrong. I didn't think Schaub would come in and play so well immediately, and that the offensive line would improve so much so soon with him behind center (zero sacks at Carolina surprises/impresses me greatly). Well done.

The Colts play at Houston next weekend, looks like another tough divisional game.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:44 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andre Johnson is "doubtful." The Colts just dodged a bullet.

Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote