Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2006, 07:19 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=2834&zoneid=2

Interesting read... I'd love to see Angle in MMA his wrestling skills are second to none.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:35 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lutter vs Sell tonight...any predictions? I say Lutter gets him the ground and controls the fight. Lutter win by decision. which will suck but htats what i see happening. Lets go DRAGO!
Old 10-26-2006, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Greg Behrendt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Lutter vs Sell tonight...any predictions? I say Lutter gets him the ground and controls the fight. Lutter win by decision. which will suck but htats what i see happening. Lets go DRAGO!
Damn. Tigers World Series, New South Park, TUF. All at the same time.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:00 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

As i predicted Lutter controlled the whole fight from the ground. I hate fighters like him its so boring watching a guy just lay on top of someone.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:32 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That fight sucked. Lay and pray at it's finest, Lutter got him on the ground and delivered some weak elbows that barely did any damage. Completely unimpressive to me. I hope Cote or Bam Bam knock his ass out.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:37 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn it, why do I keep clicking this thread when I dont get to see TUF until Sunday, Lutter vs Cote in the finals I hope, COTE, COTE COTE COTE!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:21 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
That fight sucked. Lay and pray at it's finest, Lutter got him on the ground and delivered some weak elbows that barely did any damage. Completely unimpressive to me. I hope Cote or Bam Bam knock his ass out.
I think Cote or Dewees are in for the same as Drago. Get taken down and held there for majority of the round. With some less than vicious elbows thrown in sparingly.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Nerv

COTE COTE COTE COTE

Been wanting him to win since this thing started, those French Canadians are such nice guys! So I will say again:

COTE COTE COTE COTE
Old 11-01-2006, 05:59 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
COTE COTE COTE COTE

Been wanting him to win since this thing started, those French Canadians are such nice guys! So I will say again:

COTE COTE COTE COTE
Even though I hate french Canadians

COTE COTE COTE COTE
Old 11-01-2006, 06:14 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BAM BAM! BAM BAM! BAM BAM!
Old 11-02-2006, 02:31 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Cote vs Dewees tonight. God i pray for a stand up war.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:18 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Cote was slugging for the fences. WHAT I LIKE TO SEE!!! Im suprised some of those shots didnt even rock Dewees, He has a pretty good chin. It doesnt matter though because Lutters gonna win the finals.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cant wait for GSP-Hughes. Haven't been this excited for a fight in a while.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:30 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
Cant wait for GSP-Hughes. Haven't been this excited for a fight in a while.
Especially a UFC fight.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:47 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Cote was slugging for the fences. WHAT I LIKE TO SEE!!! Im suprised some of those shots didnt even rock Dewees, He has a pretty good chin. It doesnt matter though because Lutters gonna win the finals.
Kinda what I expected. I wanted Bam Bam to win but Cote is clearly the better fighter. Bam Bam definately has heart and a good chin though.

I kinda hope Lutter wins the finals...just cause iwhoever wins is gonna get murdered by Silva.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:51 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Kinda what I expected. I wanted Bam Bam to win but Cote is clearly the better fighter. Bam Bam definately has heart and a good chin though.

I kinda hope Lutter wins the finals...just cause iwhoever wins is gonna get murdered by Silva.
I actually think that Lutter would have the best chance of beating Silva (not that i think it could happen in any way shape or form) But i think Silva would KO Cote right away because Cote would try and slug with him. If Lutter could get a bunch of takedowns he could POSSIBLY grind out a win. But in reality Lutter would probably gas before Silva leaving Silva room to KO him.

I do think Cote has a chance against Lutter though because Cote has faced great takedown guys before (tito ortiz) and he took it to a decision so anythings possible.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:24 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I actually think that Lutter would have the best chance of beating Silva (not that i think it could happen in any way shape or form) But i think Silva would KO Cote right away because Cote would try and slug with him. If Lutter could get a bunch of takedowns he could POSSIBLY grind out a win. But in reality Lutter would probably gas before Silva leaving Silva room to KO him.

I do think Cote has a chance against Lutter though because Cote has faced great takedown guys before (tito ortiz) and he took it to a decision so anythings possible.
Silva's ground game is really underrated. It's certainly not as good as his stand up, but still, he's better than Lutter in every area.

Sure, Lutter may have a better chance against than Cote, but we're talking about 1 in 1000 vs. 1 in 999. Neither of them have a chance really.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Nerv

Cote vs Anderson would be entertaining as hell. I think Cote could stand with him for a round before getting KO'd. Honestly I think Cote matches up better than Lutter vs Silva, he has a punchers chance. Mark my words, Lutter will NOT be able to take Silva to the mat, he will just eat knees & kicks everytime he shoots.

As for Cote, he already has a decent takedown defense and has had months to work almost entirely on defending the takedown and ground positioning. I think Lutter vs Cote is pretty much dead even as they both dominate an aspect of the game against each other.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:35 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
Cote vs Anderson would be entertaining as hell. I think Cote could stand with him for a round before getting KO'd. Honestly I think Cote matches up better than Lutter vs Silva, he has a punchers chance. Mark my words, Lutter will NOT be able to take Silva to the mat, he will just eat knees & kicks everytime he shoots.

As for Cote, he already has a decent takedown defense and has had months to work almost entirely on defending the takedown and ground positioning. I think Lutter vs Cote is pretty much dead even as they both dominate an aspect of the game against each other.
Yeah but Pete Sell got completely dominated on the ground and Sells ground game/BJJ is better than Cote's so Cote better have used his time to train correctly.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:24 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Cote's takedown defense looked excellent vs. Edwin. He ended up on top every time Dewees went for a takedown.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:39 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

When is the ultimate fight night? tommorow? Im excited to see Bisping fight.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:40 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Saturday, i believe.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:08 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The Bisping fight is off, he can't get into the US because of visa issues.

(I had posted this before, but it seems some posts were lost recently.)

EDIT- here, from UFC.com.

Visa Issues Scrap Bisping from TUF4 Finale
Due to Visa issues, Michael Bisping’s first bout since winning ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ season three title will have to wait. The UK standout was scheduled to face Eric Schafer in a featured match on ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ season four card this Saturday night at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. No replacement bout will be added to the show, which features the middleweight and welterweight finals of TUF4, and which will air on Spike TV beginning at 9pm ET / PT.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:02 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

So I watched PRIDE's Bushido the other night. I was thourougly dissapointed. The Gomi Aurelio fight was alright. But the last 2 rounds of the tournament sucked.

Filho DESTROYED Misaki and Kang beat Gono but than apparently Filho Injured himself while brutally beating Misaki so Misaki had to fill in.

So the final was Misaki vs Kang and Misaki won. I was so pissed because a guy that was brutally beaten won. I wanted to see Filho vs Kang and than right when its about to happen Misaki comes out.

Basically the whole card was a bunch of decisions. Was far from the best ppv ive seen this year. I cant wait til Hughes vs GSP. I am counting down the days.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:02 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
The Bisping fight is off, he can't get into the US because of visa issues.

(I had posted this before, but it seems some posts were lost recently.)

EDIT- here, from UFC.com.

Visa Issues Scrap Bisping from TUF4 Finale
Due to Visa issues, Michael Bisping’s first bout since winning ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ season three title will have to wait. The UK standout was scheduled to face Eric Schafer in a featured match on ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ season four card this Saturday night at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. No replacement bout will be added to the show, which features the middleweight and welterweight finals of TUF4, and which will air on Spike TV beginning at 9pm ET / PT.
Aint that about a beach.