Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 09-09-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
As harsh as it is, I'd rather Brown get hurt now than week 8 or 9. He just can't be relied on for anything anymore. If we can't rebound without him so be it, but with Arch I think our run defense will be fine, and Manning is just as good in pass coverage.
agreed. Manning isn't the playmaker that brown is. Plus, we don't 'really' know what Brown is up to. Dusty is a loss IMO. but now we look like the smart ones who stocked up on DT's and S's in the offseason... hahaha. uh. yeah.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
As harsh as it is, I'd rather Brown get hurt now than week 8 or 9. He just can't be relied on for anything anymore. If we can't rebound without him so be it, but with Arch I think our run defense will be fine, and Manning is just as good in pass coverage.
I don't disagree with that. Its just that Brown brings something intangible to the defense and it amazes me how this guy is always in the right place to make a big play like the interception and the fumble recovery. Also coincidence or not, immediately after Brown got hurt is when we started loosening up on run D.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now, Grossman doesn't get all the blame, but he gets a lot of it. First off, how do you get sacked twice right in the face? That baffles me. Also, today showed me Rex Grossman is not a Superbowl (winning) QB. He just doesn't have "it", he can't lead a team on his back. And would it kill him to make some audibles sometime? I WOULD love to see him make an audible. I'm not talking Peyton Manning audibles, but just adjust to the defense.

Also, the O-Line did a great job of giving Rex time in the pocket vs. such a good pass rushing team, but their run blocking was just so f'ing bad. Benson had pretty much no holes, but I was impressed on how well he ran when he did get an opening. However, he can't freaking cough up the ball like that, same with Peterson. Those fumbles are about as frustrating as Grossman's dropped snaps.

And the time of possession was just terrible.

The bright spot today, the Defense rocked and gets an A+++ from me. They held the best RB, bar none, in the NFL to only 27 rushing yards or whatever, and don't let them score until pretty much the 4th quarter. And both of SD's scoring drives came after f'n turnovers. The Defense was terrific, that's all I can say. When you hold the what was the best offense in football (last season) to only 14 points, that's a game you win.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

What happened to Dusty? I didn't see him get hurt.
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the defense looked like the #1 defense in the NFL...the offense looked pedestrian. And I guess some of my dissapointment in Benson was overreaction, the line did play bad. I still think he needs to show the city that he is "the back".

And on Grossman, like someone said, he didnt play good, or bad, but in the middle. And Smoky you put it good too, he couldnt make anything happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grossman today looked like a decent QB. Someone you'd see playing on like the vikings. Not bad, but not a QB that's gonna lead the team and take (and win) the superbowl for the team. Now, watching the Cowboy-Giants game, Tony Romo (as much as I hate him) looks like a superbowl QB. He has "it".

Old 09-09-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Grossman today looked like a decent QB. Someone you'd see playing on like the vikings. Not bad, but not a QB that's gonna lead the team and take (and win) the superbowl for the team. Now, watching the Cowboy-Giants game, Tony Romo (as much as I hate him) looks like a superbowl QB. He has "it".
You guys all seem to forget that 3 years ago we had a top 5 quarterback in the NFL. Now we always seem to be known as that team with the crappy quarterback.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
You guys all seem to forget that 3 years ago we had a top 5 quarterback in the NFL. Now we always seem to be known as that team with the crappy quarterback.
Well the Bears had a top QB, uhhhh...
Old 09-09-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
I mean like in the present. Stop living in the past man.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I mean like in the present. Stop living in the past man.
Why would I live in the past if we've never won a Super Bowl? It's not even like we have any glory days to look back on. Damn, i'm going to make myself depressed.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Why would I live in the past if we've never won a Super Bowl? It's not even like we have any glory days to look back on. Damn, i'm going to make myself depressed.
good... ;)

Old 09-09-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to remind you that trolling in another teams forum is not cool. And I'm in a bad mood.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
I'd like to remind you that trolling in another teams forum is not cool. And I'm in a bad mood.
leave bucky alone HD.... afterall, this is bat country! :D

Old 09-09-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now, Grossman doesn't get all the blame, but he gets a lot of it. First off, how do you get sacked twice right in the face? That baffles me. Also, today showed me Rex Grossman is not a Superbowl (winning) QB. He just doesn't have "it", he can't lead a team on his back. And would it kill him to make some audibles sometime? I WOULD love to see him make an audible. I'm not talking Peyton Manning audibles, but just adjust to the defense.

Sorry I disagree with this. If you look at our last possesion you'll see Grossman making throws and getting in rythm. Then, right then, Turner decides to go "Hey, I think we'll run now." Then runs what pretty much looked like the exact same play 3 times in a row causing us to turn the ball over. Did we even attempt an outside run the entire game?

As to how does he get sacked twice in the face. Yeah he should feel the pressure but when a guy comes completely untouched and you're looking the other way, well im just surprised he didnt drop the ball.

As to the audible point, yeah i cant argue that. Id like to see him change plays.

So Im still unsure of our O-Coordinator. Our runningback hasnt shown me that he can be "the man," and Mike Brown can't stay healthy. As to the comment before about "destroying his confidence" well I dont care about his confidence because he hasnt shown me that he can hold onto the ball, stay healthy, and run effectively, consistenly.

Now to defend myself for the wave of critiscm im about to get. I defend Grossman not because im a fan of his, because I really have as many questions as I have optimistic thoughts. But he has been unfairly put under a microscope few players have to deal with. The type of scrutiny and blame he gets is insane. If he plays decent then people say his WRs played well. If the WRs drop balls its because Grossman didn't put it in the right place. If the defense doesn't play well, then Grossman didnt keep the offense on the field long enough. Somehow everything that goes wrong is Grossman's fault and its insanity. I would like to see him do well, but if he can just improve on today's outing by a little bit then Ill be satisfied.

Benson came out, cried with happiness about becoming a Bear then held out of camp. Then got injured in his big chance to start. Then got injured in the next training camp. Then fumbled in the Super Bowl (which I maintain that we could have won if we had had both Jones and Benson running well) He wasnt on the sideline during a pre-season game for no good reason (this one i vaguely remember so it might be a misunderstanding on my part). My point is he has a bad attitude towards this team and instead of trying to make the fans understand during pre-season, again he treated it with his attitude of "its only pre-season" like he had nothing to prove. I just want him to give me a reason to want to root for him. He doesnt ever appear like hes fighting to do more. Obviously I want him to succeed, the Bears come first personal opinions second. I just want him to show me that he cares about the team instead of himself. And frankly I dont like him.

As a side-note I believe this game could have been completely different if Greg Olsen was available. His ability to get open would have helped Grossman IMO.

EDIT: Thank you all for your current and future Bears support. Go Bears! Bulls! and Illini!

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3

Last edited by Bearsfan123 : 09-09-2007 at 10:28 PM.
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

I agree about the comment of Ron Turner. I question a lot of his schemes/play calls.

As far as Benson goes, the only thing that he did bad at today was that fumble. He had practically no wholes, but when he did get an opening, he ran hard and always got the maximum yardage he could.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7209680

this is what im talking about....

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing that nobody mentions is that Rivers had a bad game too. Rivers had about two throws that were even remotely difficult. Most of them were just hitches to the Gates or dump-offs to LT. The interception he threw was worse than most any I've seen Grossman throw. I've never even been much of a Grossman fan but this loss doesn't fall on him. We couldn't establish a running game and we turned the ball over 4 times. Period.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote