Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC East Division Forum

AFC East Division Forum Discuss the AFC East

Old 09-08-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Jets vs. Patriots

This is going to be a huge game for the season. I know it's only game 1 and I know it's not the only time they will face each other this year, but if the Jets could win this game and have that immediate edge over the Pats that would be huge, and likewise, if the Pats could solidify and back-up their on paper advantage, and carry that momentum into the game against SD (which will be another tough one) then that would be huge for them as well.

Potential injuries and listings that I know of:

Jets - Thomas Jones is coming off an injury but is ready to play, don't expect the full Jones though, at least I'm not..all else is pretty good in the NY camp, as far as former starters go, Pennington should be ready.

Patriots - With Rodney Harrison and Richard Seymour out, that's a big blow to their defense, and two of their leaders no less, one coming from the line (which could help the rushing game for the Jets) and with Asante Samuel not being in the condition he should be in, he might not even start, leaving the passing game "up in the air" or more so than usual. Plus with the latest statements that Brady and Moss are hurt but not injured...

The Jets certainly have some open advantages that they can exploit, from an injury stand-point at least, but the Patriots still have a phenomenal team and are even still the favored team, should be a real good game. Just assess the game...

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't think the losses of Harrison and Seymour will hurt the Patriots all that much. Obviously a Pats fan would know better than I do, but the Pats have very good depth on defense and I believe they'll have guys able to step in and play well. Again a Pats fan would know better than I would, but I'd imagine they'll miss Harrison a little more as Seymour's backup (Green?) is very good, but I don't think it will affect NE all that much.

The Jets need to put points up on the board on offense to stay effective. Defensive scheming will only get them so far, and they'll need to score to stay in the game. For that to happen, they'll need a bit of a run game going and Pennington will have to play a very solid game. If we turn the ball over more than the Patriots do I don't think we have any chance of winning. We need to score, protect the football, and take it away to have any chance this week.

The big X factor here is if we can get big plays with our receivers. Both Coles and Cotchery run well after the catch so if they are put into a position where they can make plays and break a couple deep that will be huge for us. Not sure I see it happening though, and I don't have much confidence in Pennington after the preseason. I say the Pats win this one, 27-13.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I don't want to have to settle for FGs every time we make a trip to the read zone. Lets get the ball in the end zone.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think we'll definitely start to see if Clemens can pull the reins this year, or at least get a good idea of him, because I really don't see Chad being all that productive, I think a weakened backfield with no Harrison and a less than perfect Asante Samuel might help, but he's gotta be very efficient in moving the ball down field for the Jets to win. I think, like you guys both said, our offense's productivity is gunna be really crucial, last year we struggled to eat up clock or get down-field and score, efficiently.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No Clemens anytime soon...Pennington played great today (2TDS no INTS 130+ QB RATING) and showed a lotta heart coming in from that injury....Too bad the Pats just destroyed our D Brady had 3 tds and no ints and a 140+ QB rating...It goes to show you can have a good QB but DEFENSE Wins championships and that was the case today...Brady was good but the Pats defense won the game...Jets defense needs to step it up of they want to be above .500

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote