Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-02-2006, 07:04 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fitz, but Boldin can't be overlooked. He's a great player in his own right.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:32 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11
maybe hes talking about playing him on both sides of the ball, he just ight be that good.
I could see Boldin playing safety. but as far as reciever goes boldin is better right now imo. i think he's underated when it comes to making big plays.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:41 PM    (permalink

In response to who is the better receiver, they're completely different types, and I'd think it's fair to say that they're about even right now. Fitzgerald has more upside; he has the tools to become one of the best ever. I'll take him.

But Marques Colston is like a combination of both... the hands of Fitzgerald and the after catch ability of Boldin. :P
Old 11-02-2006, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56
bolden with out a doubt....he is like a power HB when he catches the ball...he breaks dbs down and has great hands, size
Yeah I'd take Boldin, he's just amazing running after the catch.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:35 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FitzG hands down

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:04 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really sucks that Larry got hurt because it delayed him being the best WR in the league. I would take Fitz every day of the week. Boldin is great, but Fitz is something special.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:30 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Bolden has out produced Fitz since he was a rookie.. I know you are thinking that last years stats, Fitz's are better but Bolden missed a couple games..
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:38 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

almost impossible to choose, both are really amazing a bring something different. I'll go with Boldin because im an FSU fan and he's been dominant before Fitz came along, and he is so fun to watch with the way he just punishes DB's.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:56 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boldin. He is so consistent. Fastest reciever to get to 300 catches. Pretty amazing stuff.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:24 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Boldin. He has insane run power and has great hands.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:37 AM    (permalink
16_SFfan_80
Rookie

16_SFfan_80 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Fitz barely. I want both.

It's shocking how bad Zona is with such badass receivers.

"I'm going for 2,200 (yards) next year," Gore said. "That's the record, isn't it? Yeah, I'll get that."
16_SFfan_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
i'd take Fitzgerald. i think he'll be better in the long run.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:42 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16_SFfan_80

It shows just how important O-Line to the team's success.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:01 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Fitzgerald or Boldin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost
So, the question is who is the better receiver and who would you rather have on your team.

Personally, I think Boldin is ahead of Fitzgerald by a long shot right now. More consistent and even though he is older he probably doesn't have much more experience as a wide receiver than Fitzgerald.

again; who is the better receiver and who would you rather have on your team.
I'll take both. They're joined at the hip--Siamiese twin you know?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:24 AM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would take boldin cuz i believe that he is a more complete WR. boldin blocks better than larry and is not afraid to run the under/in/quick slant route which scares many receivers.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:36 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the moment, Bolding is the better receiver, and I'd take him on my team.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:59 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anquan Boldin is the hardest WR to tackle in the NFL. Yes even over TO(coming from a dallas fan)
Old 11-03-2006, 09:02 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16_SFfan_80

Not really. :?
Old 11-03-2006, 09:06 PM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

Ill take Boldin. He seems to get better separation, Fitz uses his body and length to get to the ball but there is someone usually right on his back. Also impressive is that Boldin was doing this before Fitz got there.
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:45 AM    (permalink

id prally have to choose anquan i shoulda went bowlin.. haha no im just kidding cardinals fans id take fitzgerald in a heartbeat
Old 11-08-2006, 01:53 PM    (permalink
ShadowPanther
Rookie

ShadowPanther hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Larry. I think... :|
ShadowPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:55 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like them both but I like Fitz's hands more better so I'll take Fitz.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Romarville
Rookie

Romarville hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Boldin. The only player more physical than Quan is Hines Ward. I think that he's more of a go to guy than Fitzgerald. I think Fitz isn't as consistent, but really you couldn't go wrong with either.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that Fitzgerald does more for my team as a receiver, but Boldin would do more as a football player. Boldin is one of the best blockers at receiver in the NFL, even though he's overshadowed. He's also more dangerous after the catch.

Right now I'd take Boldin, but god damn give me either one.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:56 PM    (permalink
jmanz
Rookie

jmanz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Both are great but I'd take Fritz.
jmanz is offline   Reply With Quote