Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-10-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The 2008 NFL Draft Thread

Alright, we need one.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CB is obviously a need even if Newman comes back at 100%. Question is should we address this through the draft, or get a veteran guy? Even though right now taking both routes wouldn't seem like a bad idea.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say your D-line and secondary are your guy's two biggest concerns. Frank Okam might be a nice player for you guys as he can play NT in the pros.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The way texas DT's have been drafted and touted the past two years no thanks on Okam...I'll just pray that Taylor declares early after having to play through a terrible year at michigan.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll repost my latest thoughts.

I was looking through some 2008 draft stuff today and I couldn't help but think.

Our biggest hole at this point in the season is CB. We have been calling for one for awhile. We should be picking in the 20's. CB talent seems to be up in the air at this point but doesn't look like any of the top guys are in the elite catagory. So I started thinking if with our second pick in the first round who would be a good bet. I started by looking at size and style of play. Two names that immediately popped into mind were Mike Jenkins and Aqib Talib. Talib looks like a boarderline first rounder at this point. And Jenkins looks a bit lanky to me. And then it struck me.....Zack Bowman.

Here we are talking about a guy who is either injury prone or has a case of bad luck. The combine gives us a small idea about some things that lead to being an injury prone player. So the more I thought about it I really set my mind on bad luck. Well after doing some more research I was getting really excited.

Here we are going to be sitting with two corners 30 years old or older. We have good special team corners behind them but we really need to start looking for a guy for the future.

Bowman could possibly be back for the Oct. 6th game. And I don't really think it matters how he plays because he'll likely recieve an invite to the senior bowl if healthy...which is what will really matter for him. If he shows that he still has that 4.4 speed and can be that physical pressence. I think he is a perfect fit. Reminds me of a Cromartie type of situation. And yes Bowman does have those type of measurables.

Start me on the Zack Bowman track.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-10-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
The way texas DT's have been drafted and touted the past two years no thanks on Okam...I'll just pray that Taylor declares early after having to play through a terrible year at michigan.
shaun rogers, casey hampton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll repost my latest thoughts.

I was looking through some 2008 draft stuff today and I couldn't help but think.

Our biggest hole at this point in the season is CB. We have been calling for one for awhile. We should be picking in the 20's. CB talent seems to be up in the air at this point but doesn't look like any of the top guys are in the elite catagory. So I started thinking if with our second pick in the first round who would be a good bet. I started by looking at size and style of play. Two names that immediately popped into mind were Mike Jenkins and Aqib Talib. Talib looks like a boarderline first rounder at this point. And Jenkins looks a bit lanky to me. And then it struck me.....Zack Bowman.

Here we are talking about a guy who is either injury prone or has a case of bad luck. The combine gives us a small idea about some things that lead to being an injury prone player. So the more I thought about it I really set my mind on bad luck. Well after doing some more research I was getting really excited.

Here we are going to be sitting with two corners 30 years old or older. We have good special team corners behind them but we really need to start looking for a guy for the future.

Bowman could possibly be back for the Oct. 6th game. And I don't really think it matters how he plays because he'll likely recieve an invite to the senior bowl if healthy...which is what will really matter for him. If he shows that he still has that 4.4 speed and can be that physical pressence. I think he is a perfect fit. Reminds me of a Cromartie type of situation. And yes Bowman does have those type of measurables.

Start me on the Zack Bowman track.
What are your thoughts on Antoine Cason? Has good size and on stats alone, he looks pretty productive.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
D-Fence

Depending on where that Browns pick falls, if I had to choose right now, give me Kenny Phillips...I dont know if I trust Ken Hamlin to prove to be a viable solution at the other safety spot, and I know for sure after watching last night we need a ball-hawk back there. It's time we made a serious investment at that spot, to handcuff another serious investment (Roy) and maximize the abilities of our secondary.

Like the rest of you, I want a corner with the other. Terrell Thomas, Talib, Jenkins, Bowman, whoever. It's painfully obvious we need a CB as well...The situation at NT is another one that needs to be addressed, someone like Okam in the late first or Raji, Red Bryant in the second...

Alot of people want to go WR or OT early on, but I'm just not as concerned about those positions. Immediate impact receivers can be found all throughout the draft, and the Cowboys will give some of their OL draft picks of the last couple of years a chance to play before taking another one with an early pick.

Last edited by D-Fence : 09-10-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
What are your thoughts on Antoine Cason? Has good size and on stats alone, he looks pretty productive.
There are about 6-7 guys who could be top 10 picks this year if they turn in a good year and show good in offseason workouts. Justin King, Aqib Talib, DeJuan Tribble, Antoine Cason, Terrell Thomas, Dwight Lowery, Brandon Flowers, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Malcolm Jenkins. All those guys have first round grades. Obviously they all won't go but that's how much of a jumble is it right now.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is a darkhorse right now. Check out some information.
Height: 6-2. Weight: 182.
40 Time: 4.37
6 INT's last season

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-10-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm bound to have a million of these, but it's always fun to start...

Round 1a: WR Desean Jackson - I don't usually favor WRs in round 1, but this guy is special and provides excellent returning skills as well.

Round 1b: CB Antoine Cason - The need is self explanatory. Of all the CB prospects, I like him best.

Round 2: DE Kendall Langford, Hampton - Small school sleeper, bound to rise up draft boards. Somewhere between 6'5" and 6'6", 290-295 pounds of animal. Highly productive and high motor. High motor from the DE position is a key trait in the Phillips 3-4.

Round 3: DT Red Bryant - I also like BJ Raji, but I'm unsure how his academic problem will affect his stock.

Round 4: RB Ray Rice - I love his compact size, low center of gravity, excellent balance and thunder thighs.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Posted this in a prior thread.

Antonio Dixon(Miami Hurricanes, JR)
6-3 335

Quote:
"..Reminds some observers of former Huricanes star Vince Wilfork. Hard-working big player who can run and has fine technique that he honed over the past year in prep school. Has good size and strength and showed excellent balance for a player his size. Gets a strong push on the defensive front...."
Quote:
...Dixon has great lateral movement. Super work ethic off the field. At this stage, a terrific run stopper..
Old 09-10-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Round 4: RB Ray Rice - I love his compact size, low center of gravity, excellent balance and thunder thighs.
I would love to have Rice, but do you think he will last that long?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I would love to have Rice, but do you think he will last that long?
I do. McFadden and Stewart are probably the only 2 in the first round that I see being picked. Steve Slaton, Mike Hart, Jamal Charles, Felix Jones, Tashard Choice, Allen Patrick, Ryan Torrain would probably round out rounds 2, 3 and some of 4... and some others could jump in there...
Old 09-10-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I do. McFadden and Stewart are probably the only 2 in the first round that I see being picked. Steve Slaton, Mike Hart, Jamal Charles, Felix Jones, Tashard Choice, Allen Patrick, Ryan Torrain would probably round out rounds 2, 3 and some of 4... and some others could jump in there...
If we won't go RB in the first, I want one between Rice, Charles or Felix Jones. I hope Julius will step up and we won't have to look for a RB in march/april, but I've almost lost all of my hopes about him.

I totally agree on DeSean Jackson, even with Hurd and Crayton looking good, Jackson is the man, he's a special player. And for the CB position, I see Jerry spending big money on a veteran CB, just like he did after the 2004 season.

In Bob We Trust

Old 09-10-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Don't forget James Davis. I like him alot. Good size and he can shake a few people.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Don't forget James Davis. I like him alot. Good size and he can shake a few people.
I left him out because I feel there are others in his tier... Yvenson Bernard, Dantrell Savage, Albert Young
Old 09-11-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

My Mock Draft

First of all I would love to state this is a mock factoring in our coaches and FO beliefs.

OT is not an option day one...we went with two in the middle of last years draft Free showed up and got enough invested into Marten to keep this off the need list. McQ is also our swing guy this year....I just don't see us bringing in a OT early if at all.

WR. While I would love to have Desean. I just don't think it's happening. We have Crayton who our coaching staff loves. We have Hurd who our coaching staff loves. We have Austin and Stanback as our two projects. We are just so full at WR right now I can't see us bringing in another guy. Although I'm sure everyone here knows I want that shifty guy....its just another want from me it's not happening with our first pick.

So lets start the mock.

Cle gives us a top 5 pick and we pick around mid 20's.

1A) Justin King*, Penn State
  • Height: 6-0. Weight: 186.
    40 Time: 4.34.
    Projected Round: Top 15 Pick.
We are talking about a guy here who could put up a sub 4.3 40. Now it isn't likely but it could happen. King is the best CB prospect to come out since Newman. He has everything that you want in a corner and can also play special teams. I want this kid baddddddd.

1B) Chris Long, Virginia
  • Height: 6-4. Weight: 284.
    40 Time: 4.78.
    Projected Round: 1-2.
I actually like Long more this year than I didn't Carriker last year. Carriker as most of you know I was pretty high on. Long has a non-stop motor and would be a great fit at the end. A lot of this pick depends on the play of Spears and the development of Hatcher. But if Spears continues to be one of the worst DE's in football and Hatcher doesn't emerge as a surfire starter than long is a great fit. Hatcher would still spell the DE position and play inside in the nickel...thats plenty of snaps for the kid. Long would give us a great hard worker on the DL.

2) Terrance Taylor*, Michigan
  • Height: 6-0. Weight: 310.
    40 Time: 5.05.
Taylor is my top NT prospect in this draft. However his stock is on the decline...Michigans defense has been trash and doesn't look to be getting any better. It's somewhat unheard of for players to leave michigan early but with the lack of DT's in this draft it might be a smart choice to come while his stock is still in the first day. Don't get me wrong Taylor is a stud and will be mentioned as a top 5 NT sometime in his career if drafted into a 3-4 defense.

3) Harry Douglas, Louisville
  • Height: 5-11. Weight: 176.
    40 Time: 4.38.
    Projected Round: 3.
Douglas is a better prospect than teammate Urrutia. He would give us a deep threat and a nice pair of hands. He set U of L recieving yard records last year. Good prospect who should fall to do the WR depth in this draft.

Designs by me
Quote:

Last edited by thule : 09-11-2007 at 01:46 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:00 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
My Mock Draft

First of all I would love to state this is a mock factoring in our coaches and FO beliefs.

OT is not an option day one...we went with two in the middle of last years draft Free showed up and got enough invested into Marten to keep this off the need list. McQ is also our swing guy this year....I just don't see us bringing in a OT early if at all.

WR. While I would love to have Desean. I just don't think it's happening. We have Crayton who our coaching staff loves. We have Hurd who our coaching staff loves. We have Austin and Stanback as our two projects. We are just so full at WR right now I can't see us bringing in another guy. Although I'm sure everyone here knows I want that shifty guy....its just another want from me it's not happening with our first pick.

So lets start the mock.

Cle gives us a top 5 pick and we pick around mid 20's.

1A) Justin King*, Penn State
  • Height: 6-0. Weight: 186.
    40 Time: 4.34.
    Projected Round: Top 15 Pick.
We are talking about a guy here who could put up a sub 4.3 40. Now it isn't likely but it could happen. King is the best CB prospect to come out since Newman. He has everything that you want in a corner and can also play special teams. I want this kid baddddddd.

1B) Chris Long, Virginia
  • Height: 6-4. Weight: 284.
    40 Time: 4.78.
I actually like Long more this year than I didn't Carriker last year. Carriker as most of you know I was pretty high on. Long has a non-stop motor and would be a great fit at the end. A lot of this pick depends on the play of Spears and the development of Hatcher. But if Spears continues to be one of the worst DE's in football and Hatcher doesn't emerge as a surfire starter than long is a great fit. Hatcher would still spell the DE position and play inside in the nickel...thats plenty of snaps for the kid. Long would give us a great hard worker on the DL.

2) Terrance Taylor*, Michigan
  • Height: 6-0. Weight: 310.
    40 Time: 5.05.
Taylor is my top NT prospect in this draft. However his stock is on the decline...Michigans defense has been trash and doesn't look to be getting any better. It's somewhat unheard of for players to leave michigan early but with the lack of DT's in this draft it might be a smart choice to come while his stock is still in the first day. Don't get me wrong Taylor is a stud and will be mentioned as a top 5 NT sometime in his career if drafted into a 3-4 defense.

3) Harry Douglas, Louisville
  • Height: 5-11. Weight: 176.
    40 Time: 4.38.
    Projected Round: 3.
Douglas is a better prospect than teammate Urrutia. He would give us a deep threat and a nice pair of hands. He set U of L recieving yard records last year. Good prospect who should fall to do the WR depth in this draft.
I'd be fine with King with our second pick. I wouldn't want him with a pick in the Top 5. He's got a full season ahead to show us what he's got. Nice "out of the box" mention.

I don't think Long is a 3-4 DE. I don't think he's got the right frame for the position. That weight you have listed seems awefully generous and that's hardly good enough, imo.

Taylor is very unknown to me right now.

Douglas is a system WR. I'm not a fan of his.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:04 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Posted this in a prior thread.

Antonio Dixon(Miami Hurricanes, JR)
6-3 335

Only a Junior... Dunno if he's the type to declare early. Semi-intriguing prospect.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:17 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

What about Frank Okam? He was disappointing last season, but if he can turn into the player he was in his sophomore year he could be a great NT, imo...

In Bob We Trust

Old 09-11-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

I've been looking into Langford, and the kid sounds like a complete stud. From some different soucres:

Kendall Langford DL 6'6 294 Hampton

Quote:
“Langford is an excellent 3-4 end prospect. He has great size, and is active on the defensive line. He is athletic for his size, and is more than just a run stopper. He uses his size to hold his ground and clog running lanes, but also has the ability to constantly get pressure on the QB and get into the backfield….”
Quote:
“First Team All-MEAC selection… started all 12 games at defensive end… led all HU defensive linemen in tackles for the second straight season with 55, which ranked third on the squad… second in the MEAC with 15.5 tackles for loss, helping the Pirates finish second in the country in that category… led the team and was third in the league with career-high eight sacks for -57 yards on the year… also added a forced fumble and a blocked kick….”

I wish they showed more Hampton games nationally.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McFadden
Thomas or Jackson
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:46 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I've been looking into Langford, and the kid sounds like a complete stud. From some different soucres:

Kendall Langford DL 6'6 294 Hampton

I wish they showed more Hampton games nationally.
I don't have us taking him in the second round for nothin'. ;) Glad someone took a little bit of time to look into him as a prospect. I didn't get any responses from my mock despite commenting on everyone elses. Thanks. +rep! I don't care if people don't like my picks or do like my picks. Comments are always nice.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:11 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm bound to have a million of these, but it's always fun to start...

Round 1a: WR Desean Jackson - I don't usually favor WRs in round 1, but this guy is special and provides excellent returning skills as well.

Round 1b: CB Antoine Cason - The need is self explanatory. Of all the CB prospects, I like him best.

Round 2: DE Kendall Langford, Hampton - Small school sleeper, bound to rise up draft boards. Somewhere between 6'5" and 6'6", 290-295 pounds of animal. Highly productive and high motor. High motor from the DE position is a key trait in the Phillips 3-4.

Round 3: DT Red Bryant - I also like BJ Raji, but I'm unsure how his academic problem will affect his stock.

I love Desean...but like I said...seems like the FO would be hesitant on this.
Cason is a top 20 lock imo....I don't have us pegged at a top 20 draft slot so I think this pick should be changed for realism...but this is very early so take it for what it is.

Don't know enough about Langford to knock...safe to say anybody from Hampton is going to have to put together a good offseason to make it in day one.

Red Bryant is just another guy imo. He has a nice frame...but we already have that in Remi...give me someone who has a chance to be a top 5 NT. Is there any in this draft...thats yet to be decided. But Bryant doesn't fit that void to me.

Rice is a nice back...but I like the JJ MB3 combo better. If you think JJ is gone...I'd still rather address another area and stay with MB3 and Thompson. Only way I can see us passing JJ for FA is if we are going to address it early or feel a replacement is already on the roster.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-12-2007, 03:53 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I love Desean...but like I said...seems like the FO would be hesitant on this.
Cason is a top 20 lock imo....I don't have us pegged at a top 20 draft slot so I think this pick should be changed for realism...but this is very early so take it for what it is.

Don't know enough about Langford to knock...safe to say anybody from Hampton is going to have to put together a good offseason to make it in day one.

Red Bryant is just another guy imo. He has a nice frame...but we already have that in Remi...give me someone who has a chance to be a top 5 NT. Is there any in this draft...thats yet to be decided. But Bryant doesn't fit that void to me.

Rice is a nice back...but I like the JJ MB3 combo better. If you think JJ is gone...I'd still rather address another area and stay with MB3 and Thompson. Only way I can see us passing JJ for FA is if we are going to address it early or feel a replacement is already on the roster.
You might be right about Cason not being there when we pick. I should rethink that.

Langford is just a guy I want to follow closely this year. He did have 9 tackles in his first game this year.

Bryant is more than JAG. I've tried to compare stats between him and some other NT prospects and he has been the most active one that I've come across, yet he still is an underrated tackle.

Rice > JJ for sure in my book. No question about it. Rice > TT as well. I just love the way he runs.

Thanks for the response!