Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-09-2006, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dallas Cowboys Discussion

This me trying to give the thread a little history and respect that it deserves. It ended on page 962.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...play.php?f=111

Last edited by D-Unit : 10-17-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:34 PM    (permalink
robert_rodriguez_nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
This me trying to give the thread a little history and respect that it deserves. It ended on page 962.
Are you talking a dead person or a series of blog rants by Cowboy lovers and haters?
Old 11-09-2006, 02:02 PM    (permalink
TheBoss
Rookie

TheBoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well lets get it started then why don't we.

SUN
DAL - 30
ARZ - 10

Cowboys WILL draft Justin Blalock

And Romo is GODLIKE.
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss
Well lets get it started then why don't we.

SUN
DAL - 30
ARZ - 10

Cowboys WILL draft Justin Blalock

And Romo is GODLIKE.
I too am becoming a Romosexual. The only thing I fear with Blalock is that he goes before we can get him. Otherwise I think they'd take him.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:22 PM    (permalink
TheBoss
Rookie

If we do make the Playoffs we probably won't be able to get Blalock. Hopefully that's the case.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys are overrating Blalock. He would fit nicely with your team, but I think if you are picking anywhere from 1-25 you should have a good shot to get him. Or in a good shot to nab him by moving up only a few spots.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:33 PM    (permalink
TheBoss
Rookie

Overrated or not he will impact our line more then any other lineman in this years draft. But I'll be happy with Manny Ramirez in the 2nd round as well.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Overrated or not he will impact our line more then any other lineman in this years draft. But I'll be happy with Manny Ramirez in the 2nd round as well.
I guess I meant more overrating him if you think you won't be able to draft him if you finish anywhere from 8-8 to 10-6. He isn't a top 15 pick, especially if guys like Baker and Long come out.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:38 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What in the hell happened to the page count?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:39 PM    (permalink
TheBoss
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod
What in the hell happened to the page count?
A refresh
Old 11-09-2006, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
If we do make the Playoffs we probably won't be able to get Blalock. Hopefully that's the case.
Even if for some reason we don't think we can get him where we're picking I think we would easily be in position to trade up to get him. OGs don't usually go until sometime after 25 and we should have ammunition to move up because by the time the draft comes around we shouldn't have any pressing needs that we need to address on draft day so we can trade some picks. All our draft picks couldn't make our team last year and it should be even tough this year so I think at some point we need to trade up for higher picks.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:00 PM    (permalink
TheBoss
Rookie

What do you guys think of Parcells drafts since being here. It seems he has unbelievable draft every other year:

2003 - Terrence Newman, Bradie James, Al Johnson, Jason Witten, guys who are the heart of the team now. Al Johnson I think is still a good players. A

2004 - Julius Jones and Patrick Crayton are the only players left from that draft. I'm not even gonna talk about Jacob Rogers and Peterman. D

2005 - Demarcus Ware, Marcus Spears, Kevin Burnett, Chris Canty, Jay Ratliff, Marion Barber, nough said. A++

2006 - First two picks have been a disappointment so far. Stanley cut. Hatcher has been OK. Skyler cut then changed positions. Jury is out on Watkins. And I have heard little from Whitley or McQistan. C-

If the pattern continues, hopefully April will very fulfilling.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I still think it's a little early to evaulate this draft.
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:41 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
I still think it's a little early to evaulate this draft.
Agree. But it is a"F" to me.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

If I had to give it a grade so far it would be an incomplete. There are too many unknown variables to grade it properly. Carpenter has barely gotten on the field, and when he does he doesn't distinguish himself. Skyler was cut then brought back, and he's not showing the burst he showed at LSU. Watkins has taken his lumps. Hatcher, who I wish would get more run, as vast potential.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
If I had to give it a grade so far it would be an incomplete. There are too many unknown variables to grade it properly. Carpenter has barely gotten on the field, and when he does he doesn't distinguish himself. Skyler was cut then brought back, and he's not showing the burst he showed at LSU. Watkins has taken his lumps. Hatcher, who I wish would get more run, as vast potential.
In his press conference today Parcells said he wants to start using Hatcher to give Ware some relief in the nickel. For how much everyone hated him when he was picked, I think Hatcher has really come along nicely.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 11-09-2006, 06:45 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sweet Jesus, I actually took time out of my day to get caught up on the Cowboys thread.

Now it's all gone. Jesus.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

We're trying to get it back to its lofty status.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:35 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Won't happen at this rate.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX
Won't happen at this rate.
It's slow today, but I wouldn't worry about it. Once something worth discussing comes up this thread can get close to 10 pages in a day.

Do you guys think Coleman is going to turn it around at FS or we will bring Watkins back after the Indy game?

With how Coleman played last year I don't think he's going to be able to handle the job and if we can get the same production out of Watkins we might as well have him get some experience. He was in position a lot of the time he just seemed to have trouble finding/attacking the ball. I think he would also be better just playing on the nickel like most of us thought during training camp. He's just a rookie so don't give him too much at once, plus Davis is a good run stopping FS.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 11-09-2006, 09:03 PM    (permalink
TheBoss
Rookie

I really think Watkins could be the future for us at FS. He just really lacks experience, and it does look like he is playing hard. He really looked as if he was upset with himself during that Philly game when he gave up those big plays, so he knows he could play better. So I wouldn't mine seeing him out there again. Plus it's not everyday you find a 6'5 free safety who runs in the 4.40's
Old 11-09-2006, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm torn at FS. I need to see more of Watkins, and then I'll be ready to say if we have a FS. The first few games, Watkins looked good, then a few bad games. He has the tools, but the mental aspect of the game is huge, and I need to see him play more to know if he has an NFL mind. About Davis, I know he's a good runstopping FS, but that is NOT what we need. We need a cover guy. For me, it's all about complimenting Roy Williams, and we need to have a guy back there that can cover like a corner.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PS

Guys, we need to keep this thread up. We need to dominate the team threads like we used to. Let's get it done.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
I'm torn at FS. I need to see more of Watkins, and then I'll be ready to say if we have a FS. The first few games, Watkins looked good, then a few bad games. He has the tools, but the mental aspect of the game is huge, and I need to see him play more to know if he has an NFL mind. About Davis, I know he's a good runstopping FS, but that is NOT what we need. We need a cover guy. For me, it's all about complimenting Roy Williams, and we need to have a guy back there that can cover like a corner.
Keep an eye on a player like Dashon Goldson CB/FS for Washington. If Pat Watkins shows signs that he can be our future at Free Safety but doesnt make it totally clear than we should draft a mid round player like Goldson the guy is a solid cover player and can play either Cornerback of Free Safety which is a valuable thing in my opinion. If Watkins doesnt show signs of improvement by the end of the year than we probably should look at drafting a Free Safety early. Either way I think we should draft a free safety. Im a huge fan of Goldson...

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:47 PM    (permalink
TheBoss
Rookie

I still have hopes for Watkins.

just trying to get our post count up, were getting beat by the RAIDERS!!