Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-31-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last night was the most unimpressive blowout victory I have ever seen. The only things that impressed me last night were how many fans were actually at a MSU game, how good Early Doucet's hands are, and how bad MSU's QB Henig really is. I will say Craig Steltz was pretty good as well. Although Henig did throw it right to him most of the time.

I dont even wanna hear this LSU/USC argument. LSU's defense is great, and are def. top 5, but USC is number 1, hands down. As good as Highsmith is, He couldn't hold any one of USC's 3 starting linebackers' jockstraps. LSU is looking at a possible 3 first round draft picks. USC is looking at a whopping 8 possible first rounders, not even including Fred Davis who will be a first day guy for sure and Taylor Mays who will be a top ten pick in '09. Flynn would get manhandled by USC's defense, especially if he struggled against Mississippi State. I think Cushing would literally make Flynn his ***** for the day. And Flynn would accept it willingly. Dorsey wasn't impressive yesterday and Tyson Jackson was non-existant. And that was against MSU's starting O-line. What would they do against Sam Baker and All-Pac 10 guard Chilo Rachel. Not to mention the handful of times I say Highsmith take bad angles on plays and get burned by the 240 pound tailback. I'm sorry to say but this simply wouldn't be a contest. As good as Michigan was at the end of last year, they got stomped by SC, and you truly think this year's LSU team is better than Michigan's team was at the end of last year, without first overall pick JaMarcus Russell and first rounders LaRon Landry, Dwayne Bowe and Craig Davis. If you do think LSU's team is better, you are lying to yourself. Especially when all USC really lost was Dwayne Jarrett and Steve Smith, that is it! Granted, both were great players, but neither were first rounders, I believe Davis and Bowe were though. Plus USC turns out WR's like clockwork with former 5 star possible stud Patrick Turner leading the way, as well as maybe the most talented, deepest group of running backs ever in college football. Oh and they do have a Heisman-calibre QB commanding the ship also who has just as much experience as any player in college football at his position. USC will cruise to the championship and will cruise right through it. Bottom line. There truly is no argument here.

And I am a Miami fan.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 09-01-2007 at 12:05 AM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Javzz
Veteran

Javzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Javzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
LSU won't have the best defense in that game, how do they have the best defense in the country?

If MSU had any type of QB LSU probably would have been losing in the first half.LSU's amazing DL didn't do much of anything in the first half and the LBs didn't do much either. Say what you want about the playbook but I saw a lot of different stuff (Pistol offense?!?!), and I saw an OL get beat by not a very good unit. It might have just been the first game but if LSU's offense comes out like they did against MSU, VT's defense will tear them apart.
Yeah, because their WR's got SO much seperation. You keep mentioning first half first half first half as if the second half is irrelevant.

Nonetheless, please remember the fact that it was the FIRST game of the season against one of the cellar dwellers of the SEC. There's no need to overanalyze anything at this point. Let's not forget the fact that VT hasn't even played yet, and their offense is most likely more of a question mark than ours is. Sean Glennon must have made a VAST improvement over last year to be formidable. They lost their starting RT to injury. Yadda yadda yadda yadda.

rainbeaukid

Last edited by Javzz : 09-01-2007 at 03:09 AM.
Javzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:03 AM    (permalink
Javzz
Veteran

Javzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Javzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Nah, he didn't transfer. We still have a better QB waiting to play anyways.
Uhhh, Perrilloux, much less Jarrett Lee hasn't even gotten significant playing time yet. Hard to exactly judge who's better at this point.

rainbeaukid
Javzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:30 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think some people are confusing what the difference is between most talented defense, and best defense....the best defense doesnt have to be the most talented...

so while USC may have every player on their defense drafted in the first rd, VT may very well have the best defense in the country still

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:19 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You dont say? Is coaching involved as well?
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think some people are confusing what the difference is between most talented defense, and best defense....the best defense doesnt have to be the most talented...

so while USC may have every player on their defense drafted in the first rd, VT may very well have the best defense in the country still
I think thats correct....
Old 09-01-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
I think thats correct....
It's not correct, I think people are missing the point, they are the most talented, deepest and best defense in all of college football, USC will show that this year. Miami will be up there too because of our dline and secondary, I fear our Linebackers may be a little too inexperienced to push us over the top, but who knows, LB's has never been our problem before.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 09-01-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
You dont say?
obviously you havent been reading some of the people's post...most people's argument is "USC has X number of blue chips, and X number of first rd draft picks, so they are the best" and thinking that argument should merit much consideration....

Thats like my saying the Longhorns had the best secondary in the nation last yr because Ross and Griffin were first rders, and Brown was a late first day pick...and anyone who watched a little bit of football knows that was far from the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
It's not correct, I think people are missing the point, they are the most talented, deepest and best defense in all of college football, USC will show that this year. Miami will be up there too because of our dline and secondary, I fear our Linebackers may be a little too inexperienced to push us over the top, but who knows, LB's has never been our problem before.
Adkins looked great today and everyone else looked solid. We have depth at LB and I seriously doubt teams will be able to consistently run on us. Statistically we should be among the best this year, along with USC, VT & others. Oklahoma will be a nice defensive battle and test.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

VT sure didn't look like the best defense to me today. LSU's is better.
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by constant cough View Post
VT sure didn't look like the best defense to me today. LSU's is better.
Yeah, because they shut down MSU
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

If VT has trouble stopping the spread then they may run into a little trouble with LSU's offense. I still think VT has the best defense in the country (I don't care how much talent USC has. Production is what makes you the best), but ECU ran on them all day.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Yeah, because they shut down MSU
MSU is a hell of alot better than ******* ECU. That was just sad.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All you jackasses can be unimpressed all you want but the bottom line is they looked alot better than anyone else did this weekend. Not to mention they played on the road, against an SEC team (No matter if they are the worst in the SEC or not, they are still an SEC team and better than alot of teams in the nation), in the rain. They ran a vanilla offense for a reason, I mean why give up all your playbook in a game against MSU when you have VT coming to town? Next week won't be close guys. VT looked like garbage, just straight trash. Definately not a top 10 team if they play like that all year. And that great defense was pathetic.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 09-01-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
MSU is a hell of alot better than ******* ECU. That was just sad.

I wouldn't say a hell of a lot better, maybe a little bit.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Adkins looked great today and everyone else looked solid. We have depth at LB and I seriously doubt teams will be able to consistently run on us. Statistically we should be among the best this year, along with USC, VT & others. Oklahoma will be a nice defensive battle and test.

Agreed. I'm so pumped for that game next week, I really think we have a shot to knock them off, I actually think there's a great chance of it. If we do that automatically puts us in the National Title hunt.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

If Mississippi State had a decent QB they could have a pretty good year. They've had a pretty solid defense for the last few years and they brought back like 10 starters on offense, including their entire offensive line.

Michael Henig is garbage though.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

So do you all still think VT has a better defense than LSU? I'd certainly hope not. Not to mention LSU's defense has given up 7 points in 3 years. Don't say MTSU isn't any good, they put up 42 points against Louisville and MSU beat Auburn yesterday. LSU has the #1 defense in the nation and its not really close right now.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 09-16-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
\Not to mention LSU's defense has given up 7 points in 3 years.
Now that would be pretty ******* remarkable.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Yea, i was watching the game and I guess somebody said years and it just stuck, haha. 3 games, 7 points.

Who Dat Nation!