Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2006, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

They have the number 1 Run D which is why my key to the game was stopping the Williams boys at D Tackle(it's so obvious they need to be slowed down, don't give me too much credit), they're the only reason the Vikings are ranked that high. If we could wear them out and get them frustrated early Ahman will have a big day, but Jennings would really help our passing game.

I'm not worried about our defense outside of that communication crap. Their wide recievers are average at best and Williamson can't catch. We're good against the run, I'm just worried about KGB getting steam rolled on the left side of their offensive line. Our Linebackers have improved in coverage and that's Barnett's best ability, no TE's or backs that scare me recieving wise, Brad Johnson is a sitting duck and has been making bad decisions lately. I think our D-Line and linebackers will be in his face all day so hopefully he keeps throwing errant passes to the opponent.

I think the Vikings have clearly been figured out and it's just a matter of matching up well with them and executing, if the 9ers can do it, hell we can.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:28 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A shame our WR corp is so weak right now. Did you see that we are second in drops in the NFl with 24, right behind Phillie with their 27. I am thinking more and more we'll end up with a Tedd Ginn or Dwayne Jarrett.

I loved how NE attacked them with the spread offense and taking the Queens outta their base defense. I don't think we have the personnel for that. I'd like to see if the O-line has their cutblocks going and just put the DTs on the ground time after time. Ahman Green is having a lot of success in the second half, and I think it is because we have young, well-conditioned athletes on our O-line and that after the defense keeps getting cut and they're tires we impose our will on the opposing defense.

Oddly, as the GB team has gotten worse over the past couple of years and GB has lost their home-field advantage, Favre has had more success in domes recently than he's ever had previously.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:43 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur
A shame our WR corp is so weak right now. Did you see that we are second in drops in the NFl with 24, right behind Phillie with their 27. I am thinking more and more we'll end up with a Tedd Ginn or Dwayne Jarrett.
yeah, i'd kinda like to see Ginn or Jarrett next year....If I got to choose, i'd take Ginn...just for excitement value.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I disliked both but hhhmmm Ginn would really stretch the field, he's not strong so he could get out physicalled if he was the # 1 or 2. He could be our # 3 and really help. That might be a good idea, Jarrett strikes me as a guy who won't play to his potential in the league and really isn't playing to his potential this year. I really like Steve Smith of USC way more than him.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:21 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think Green over/under 100 yards against the Vikes #1 ranked run defense this weekend?

If he has another 100 yard game that has got to show that he is back for sure, and we should really look somewhere esle besides RB in the 1st round this year.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:38 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the packers extended Wells contract. 5 years $15mil. he's been realy good and it's good to hear we'll hang onto him.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:04 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
the packers extended Wells contract. 5 years $15mil. he's been realy good and it's good to hear we'll hang onto him.
old news, but good move.

You guys really want to spend a first rounder with koren comming back next year? I think jennings/ driver/ KORO will be good enough, we have bigger fish to fry in the first round than WR IMO.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30
What do you guys think Green over/under 100 yards against the Vikes #1 ranked run defense this weekend?

If he has another 100 yard game that has got to show that he is back for sure, and we should really look somewhere esle besides RB in the 1st round this year.
The question with Green isn't talent it's durability. He gets knicked up quite a bit nowadays and there's a lot of tread on his tires. Plus, he's on the wrong side of 30 which is ancient for a full-time running back.

I definitely think a running back is in order for sure on day one, and more than likely in round one or round two. I definitely think an offensive playmaker would be the best choice in round one (WR or RB). Then in the second and third round a defensive back and a RB/WR (whichever wasn't picked in round one) could be selected. That would be the best strategy at this point in the process from my viewpoint.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:10 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you want someone to stretch the defense, how about Johnnie Lee Higgins from UTEP in the 3rd. That guy is FAST. He has been pretty much the lone bright spot on UTEP's team this year. A guy like him wouldn't be to bad for a #3/#4 reciever.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:14 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
Quote:

The question with Green isn't talent it's durability. He gets knicked up quite a bit nowadays and there's a lot of tread on his tires. Plus, he's on the wrong side of 30 which is ancient for a full-time running back.

I definitely think a running back is in order for sure on day one, and more than likely in round one or round two. I definitely think an offensive playmaker would be the best choice in round one (WR or RB). Then in the second and third round a defensive back and a RB/WR (whichever wasn't picked in round one) could be selected. That would be the best strategy at this point in the process from my viewpoint.
yeah i agree we need to draft a future Rb this year.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 11-09-2006, 03:33 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think marshwn Lynch in the first would be good. i anticiapte us picking around 10, so if he's there i say we take him. i don't want to spend a 1st on a WR.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:39 PM    (permalink

I'll be at the Game this weekend. My first Packer game ever :D . Can't wait for this game, definitly the most anticipated game i've been to all year. So how much you think we put up on the Vikings?
Old 11-09-2006, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

38-10
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:06 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfan33
I'll be at the Game this weekend. My first Packer game ever :D . Can't wait for this game, definitly the most anticipated game i've been to all year. So how much you think we put up on the Vikings?
ya ill be there too. it is also my first packer game. :D ill be going to one later this year too at Lambeau, so that will be sweet. but i am really excited for this game.

Where are you sitting?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-09-2006, 04:10 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
ya ill be there too. it is also my first packer game. :D ill be going to one later this year too at Lambeau, so that will be sweet. but i am really excited for this game.

Where are you sitting?
Section 209 aka, The nosebleeds. I have season tixs, and there the cheapest one I could get. But aside from being able to touch the roof, there on the 45 yard line. Which is nice.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:15 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Where are you sitting?
Section 209 aka, The nosebleeds. I have season tixs, and there the cheapest one I could get. But aside from being able to touch the roof, there on the 45 yard line. Which is nice.
you guys should come chill with me in my free box i got with food and booze. but u'll have to hurry because i plan on getting kicked out before half time.

they get smoked.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:15 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we don't go WR in round one, I'd like to see us with a saefty (Laron Landry?) or a corner (Cason?). With how many UDFA's in the secondary as we have, I'd actually like to see two CBs drafted. We might be OK at safety if Underwood comes back 100%. That's be Collins, Manuel, Underwood and Culver at safety, which is a decent group to me. Given the age and injury Hx of our current CBs, that group needs to be addressed as much as the receivers. I like our Rbs if we keep Green, with Morency and Herron as the back-ups. I wouldn't mind having a tweener guy like Najeh come in at FB, but Miree was doing well. I also think O-line is still a concern, at least with depth. LB and DT looks good. If there's a dynamic DE that doesn't blow dog against the run, I wouldn't mind picking him up. Rather than have 12 draft picks this year, I'd like TT to concentrate on getting some quality guys early to round out the team.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur
If we don't go WR in round one, I'd like to see us with a saefty (Laron Landry?) or a corner (Cason?). With how many UDFA's in the secondary as we have, I'd actually like to see two CBs drafted. We might be OK at safety if Underwood comes back 100%. That's be Collins, Manuel, Underwood and Culver at safety, which is a decent group to me. Given the age and injury Hx of our current CBs, that group needs to be addressed as much as the receivers. I like our Rbs if we keep Green, with Morency and Herron as the back-ups. I wouldn't mind having a tweener guy like Najeh come in at FB, but Miree was doing well. I also think O-line is still a concern, at least with depth. LB and DT looks good. If there's a dynamic DE that doesn't blow dog against the run, I wouldn't mind picking him up. Rather than have 12 draft picks this year, I'd like TT to concentrate on getting some quality guys early to round out the team.
Exactly. Last year there was truly glaring holes on the packers team. N ow there's holes, but not as many as last year. The biggest needs if you ask me, are tight end, reciever(fast, tall, big-play reciever), running back, and cornerback.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:26 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Where are you sitting?
you guys should come chill with me in my free box i got with food and booze. but u'll have to hurry because i plan on getting kicked out before half time.

Ya im on the upper deck too. im not sure where yet cuz my buddy is the one with the tickets. im assuming that they are nosebleeds too.

Ya that would be sweet where is your box at?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-09-2006, 04:29 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Where are you sitting?
lol, I'll bring smitty and some flowers.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:21 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Where are you sitting?

Ya im on the upper deck too. im not sure where yet cuz my buddy is the one with the tickets. im assuming that they are nosebleeds too.

couldnt tell ya right now , my rich friend is taking me and the boz is his. But you should recognize me as the drunk guy wearing a Favre falcons jersey trying to fight anyone in the stadium that isn't wearing grenn n gold.

they get smoked.

Old 11-09-2006, 05:25 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Where are you sitting?

couldnt tell ya right now , my rich friend is taking me and the boz is his. But you should recognize me as the drunk guy wearing a Favre falcons jersey trying to fight anyone in the stadium that isn't wearing grenn n gold.
lol
Old 11-09-2006, 05:25 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY hope the Packers win this weekend......i have a bet with a Viking fan that I REALLLLLLLY don't wanna lose.
Does it involve cottage cheese and/or farm animals?
now that's funny
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY hope the Packers win this weekend......i have a bet with a Viking fan that I REALLLLLLLY don't wanna lose.
Does it involve cottage cheese and/or farm animals?
no, if i lose i have to do something incredibly lame.....not quite "super bowl shuffle, lame" but pretty close.
Now that's funny. :roll:
Old 11-09-2006, 06:26 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Anyway, how about Ahman Green. 122.5 yards from scrimmage per game -- very impressive. He's got 561 rushing yards in 6 games, which prorates to 1309 yards over 14 games. Let's hope he reaches his incentives...

Quote:
It also contains $2.75 million of incentives, as Green will receive $250,000 if he rushes for 750 yards, $500,000 more if he reaches 950 yards, another $500,000 for 1,150 yards, $500,000 more for 1,350 yards and another $500,000 for 1,550 yards
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote