Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-11-2006, 12:56 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default College Basketball Thread

Figured we could use one of these with the season now really under way
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:00 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It pains me to say this (terps fan) But UNC is going to be NAAAAAAAAAAASTY this year. Lawson, Ellington, Wright, Hansborough etc...
Old 11-11-2006, 01:05 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah UNC is definitely looking good, 2 championships in 3 years would be really nice, but thats a little premature right now

Paul Harris made his Syracuse debut today and got a small double-double out of it
Buffalo escaped Canisius, so I'm feeling pretty good right now
Old 11-11-2006, 01:11 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Yeah UNC is definitely looking good, 2 championships in 3 years would be really nice, but thats a little premature right now

Paul Harris made his Syracuse debut today and got a small double-double out of it
Buffalo escaped Canisius, so I'm feeling pretty good right now
Speaking of syracuse. My gf's schools Midnight madness thing was tonight. They had a slam dunk contest type deal and other stuff there. Top 10 recruit and projected top 10 draft pick in 08 Donte Greene goes there and another decenet prospect Malcom Delaney also goes there. We were gonna go but didnt make it. I wanna check this green kid out because ive never saw him play and cant find no videos on him. But if hes as good as the hype him and Paul Harris could be a sick Duo if Harris stays longer than a year.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:34 AM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went to the Uconn game tonight, and unfortunately there are gonna have a down year, just no inside presence, nobody goes to the hoop strong.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:37 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk
Went to the Uconn game tonight, and unfortunately there are gonna have a down year, just no inside presence, nobody goes to the hoop strong.
HASHEEM THABEET!?!?!?!?
Old 11-11-2006, 01:43 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alrighty, everyone post your fav. team's outlook/preview for this season. Here's mine for Illinois.

No one really knows how good we can be this season. It all hinges on what players step up this season. If Randle, McBride, and Carter can all step it up as veterans on this squad, we'll be tough to beat. Here's my player by player break down.

Brian Randle - Great upside. Incredibly athletic, great defender (the best in the Big 10), and very good in transition. Question remains is if he's developed an outside shot; if he has he's one of the best players in the nation, period.

Rich McBride - Out for 4 games due to DUI. But he'll be a HUGE factor in our offense. Marksman from outside who when in the zone is one of the best shooters in not only the Big 10; but in the entire nation. Needs to show he can take it to the rack and not rely on his jumper all the time. He's been a disappointment so far in Champaign, so let's see if he can go out on a high note.

Warren Carter - Will this be his breakout year? I think it will be. He's been incredible in the Preaseason. Knocking down outside shots, banging inside, and strong on defense. He's the X-Factor for our teams success IMO.

Jamar Smith - The freshman sensation. A ringer from the outside who's shown flashes of being able to drive to the basket. Shot hasn't fallen in the Preaseason but he'll come around. Much like McBride when he's on, he's unguardable from the outside. Needs to step up and put up some points this season in a starting role.

Chester Frazier - My favorite player on this team. Most improved player during the offseason IMO. Nasty on defense and incredibly quick with and without the ball. Developed his outside game and has shown the ability to knock down the 3. And the biggest improvement is his willingness to drive the rack. IMO could really breakout this season and be a 2nd Team All-Big 10 Selection. The most promising part about Chester; he's only going to get better.

Shaun Pruitt - Another question mark. He's got the tools to be a beast on the block. Good size, strength, and post moves. Very good rebounder and shot blocker. Gained a ton of experience last year in the starting lineup. Another potential breakout player this season. But can he step up and produce?

Trent Meacham - Transfer from Dayton. Marksman from the outside and can fill it up. The question for him is if he can run this offense (ie passing and keeping the motion going). He's got talent, but I think he's still a year away from producing at a high level.

Marcus Arnold - I had high hopes for this kid coming in from Illinois State. He's very talented but for some reason he just can't put it together, and this year looks no different. Frustrating to watch him miss layup after layup after layup. Showed some promise as a player who could produce for us down low but his consistency is an issue. Will need to step up as a Senior this season.

Calvin Brock - Talented much like Arnold but just can't put it together either. Although he's only a Sophomore. Kid's got potential as a scorer and passer he just needs to get some confidence. Made some great plays in the Preseason and made some bad ones. Still though, a talent that if he works on his game, he'll be a valuable player to our program.

CJ Jackson - Needs experience. Looks lost out on the court at times. But he's a load to handle on the block. If he works on his game and develops, he'll remind me a lot of a portlier Wayne Simeon, without the outside game.

Brian Carlwell - Might RS this season. But man is this kid talented. Long, athletic, and smart. Needs some polishing on both ends, but Webbie is one of the best talent developers in the nation. So I'm anxious to see what Webbie can do with this kid. A ton of talent for Brian.

Richard Semrau - Another bright looking young player and an incoming Freshman. Incredibly athletic, runs the floor well, and finishes around the basket. Has the makings of an outside game as well. Needs to work on his defense but that'll come during the offseason next year. IMO he's been one of the most impressive players on the court this preseason for us. Should not RS, we need his athleticism to log some minutes. Future is very bright though in Champaign.

Season Outlook: I say we'll finish 3rd in the Big 10 (at the worst). Possibly higher. If we can put it all together, we're a top 15 or so team in the nation. I know what I've seen from my boys and I know what they can do. It's just a matter of walking the walk. Without a doubt BAM's biggest test yet as our HC. I expect kind of a slow start b/c we're going to have to find our niche our there, but once we get rolling we'll be fun to watch. Up and down the floor (like the Dee days).

I'll say a Sweet 16 appearance and I'll make an early prediction that we win the Big 10 Tourny at the UC.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:44 AM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:
HASHEEM THABEET!?!?!?!?
The guy is good defensively but he has a lot of work to be good ofensivly. He just would not go up strong to the hoop at all, always pulling up to try and drop it in the hoop. I was dissapointed with him. He should only be allowed to touch the ball when he blocks it. He made this sick play where he just grabbed the ball out of the air when somebody shot it, and then nearly threw it away trying to pass it.

The way it is

Old 11-11-2006, 01:44 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Why didn't Robert Garrison play? Not good enough?
Old 11-11-2006, 01:53 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Calvin Brock - Talented much like Arnold but just can't put it together either. Although he's only a Sophomore. Kid's got potential as a scorer and passer he just needs to get some confidence. Made some great plays in the Preseason and made some bad ones. Still though, a talent that if he works on his game, he'll be a valuable player to our program.
:?:
Old 11-11-2006, 01:54 AM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Why didn't Robert Garrison play? Not good enough?
Im not sure but nobody really stood out at gurad,outside of Dyson hitting some threes, so maybe he'll get a shot soon.

The way it is

Old 11-11-2006, 02:12 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
:?:
WTF? :?

Oh and another note. Those reported "death threats" against Eric Gordon was a bunch of bull and his dad lied to the media. Eric Sr you are classless, just flatout classless. It's pretty sad when your son comes in and says you were wrong about there being death threats.

That's twice he's severely damaged our program. What a prick. :evil:

From North Central School Newspaper:

'...the media has recently exaggerated the content of the hate mail Gordon has been receiving. "It wasn't really death threats, but it was threatening in that they didn't want me to be successful," Gordon said.'

Oh poor Eric...Well what did you expect from Illini fans after you ditched us at the 11th hour..."Hey Eric, it's ok. We hope you do really well at IU and come back and beat us." :roll:

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:21 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Oh and my pick to win the Nat'l Title this season is UNC. Hansborough is the best post player in the country and with the added talent and returning talent, I think they take it.

Repeating is SO tough, and with UNC's added talent, I give them the edge. Plus Joakim Noah is the most overrated player in the nation. He's a rich man's Tyson Chandler. I still don't know how he's a top 5 pick. :?

Quote:
Old 11-11-2006, 02:36 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Oh and my pick to win the Nat'l Title this season is UNC. Hansborough is the best post player in the country and with the added talent and returning talent, I think they take it.

Repeating is SO tough, and with UNC's added talent, I give them the edge. Plus Joakim Noah is the most overrated player in the nation. He's a rich man's Tyson Chandler. I still don't know how he's a top 5 pick. :?
PREDICTION: Noahs stock will drop he will go 15-20 and wish he would have declared last year.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:10 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duke isn't gonna be good, but its all good, my teams have won enough **** this year, I gotta share the wealth.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:28 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:

PREDICTION: Noahs stock will drop he will go 15-20 and wish he would have declared last year.
I'll agree with that. His game is garbage. He's all hustle and tenacity. That's it. Like I said, he's a rich man's Tyson Chandler. A tad more offensive ability but that's it.

Quote:
Old 11-11-2006, 06:35 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch out for my Ducks this year. They were probably the biggest under-achievers in the nation last season. Tons of talent on this team. We should compete for the Pac-10 title. Keep an eye on 5-6 freshman guard Tajuan Porter. He was Malik Hairston's teammate at Detroit's Renaissance HS. Kid is cat-quick with ridiculous range. In 2 exhibition games, he logged 56 minutes, shot 11-21 from beyond the arc, had 8 boards, 4 steals, and 8 assists.

In the Basketball Travelers Classic against Lehigh, he had a game high 27 points while shooting 5-10 on threes, 10-11 from the stripe, with 2 boards and 5 assists. He and Aaron Brooks give us great depth at PG. The 3 point shooting will be unbelievable on this team with the aforementioned guards, Chamberlain Oguchi, and Bryce Taylor. Maarty Leunen is one of the most underrated players in the country. He is a great shooter, and probably our best rebounder. Despite some of the bigger names on the team, I honestly think he is our best overall player. Hairston hasn't realized his potential yet. If he and Ray Schaeffer step up this year, the Ducks will go far. I'm pretty excited about our squad this year. Just wish we had a better coach.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:18 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll say a Sweet 16 appearance and I'll make an early prediction that we win the Big 10 Tourny at the UC.
Sorry, but that will be

Old 11-11-2006, 04:22 PM    (permalink

I think the Hoosiers will finish 3rd in the Big Ten, get about a 4 or 5 seed and go to the Sweet 16. That's my prediction.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's fine, you crazy kids count out Ohio State. Once we get Oden for Big Ten play, we'll be NASTY!

Anyways, I'm not a giant College B-Ball fan, but I'll go to some games and watch most on TV. Basketball always alluded me as a sport.

I think OSU will struggle early without Oden, though they looked good last night and started getting it in the second half. We'll lose to UNC and Florida, but once Big Ten play hits, and Oden is back, we'll be right up there and take the Big Ten tournament. Matta is a beast of a coach.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:27 PM    (permalink

When is Oden expected to be back?
Old 11-11-2006, 04:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
That's fine, you crazy kids count out Ohio State. Once we get Oden for Big Ten play, we'll be NASTY!

Anyways, I'm not a giant College B-Ball fan, but I'll go to some games and watch most on TV. Basketball always alluded me as a sport.

I think OSU will struggle early without Oden, though they looked good last night and started getting it in the second half. We'll lose to UNC and Florida, but once Big Ten play hits, and Oden is back, we'll be right up there and take the Big Ten tournament. Matta is a beast of a coach.
Im not a big fan of the NBA, but I love college basketball. And with Wisconsin and Marquette it will be a great year for me. I expect it to be a close race for the title between Wisconsin and OSU, but in the NCAA touney they should both get a high seed anyway.

And Cards, Im thinking IU will be anywhere from 4-6 in the Big Ten and around a 7-10 seed
Old 11-11-2006, 04:46 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Im not a big fan of the NBA, but I love college basketball.
Same here. NCAA>>>>NBA. Like MLB, I really don't watch the NBA closely until postseason.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93

Im not a big fan of the NBA, but I love college basketball. And with Wisconsin and Marquette it will be a great year for me. I expect it to be a close race for the title between Wisconsin and OSU, but in the NCAA touney they should both get a high seed anyway.

And Cards, Im thinking IU will be anywhere from 4-6 in the Big Ten and around a 7-10 seed
Oh yeah, Wisconsin is a great team, and I think Illinois will do one of the extremes. Either choke hard, or beat teams they shouldn't and be at the top of the Big Ten.

I don't watch the NBA at all, which hurts because I never really "learned" basketball. I understand the basics, but I don't get all the fouls and strategy and such. So, I'll probably comment all year and look like a homer or a rookie :P

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:50 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Im not a big fan of the NBA, but I love college basketball.
Same here. NCAA>>>>NBA. Like MLB, I really don't watch the NBA closely until postseason.
In the NBA I cant watch other teams games without being bored out of my mind. But I can watch almost any major conference game in college. they are just so much more exciting.