Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-18-2007, 08:42 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Halo 3

Discuss anything Halo 3.

I haven't really been paying attention to it, but I saw the "believe" commercial on tv the other day and freaked out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6ZCQak1_55Q

I looked at the John-117 monument stuff, that's pretty crazy.

Post anything about the game, like things that will be in it, multiplayer maps, etc.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:45 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Halo 3 will be my life for the first few months after it comes out.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm more psyched for Halo 3 than any game ever.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DLFDzC_ok8c <--- E3 2007 Halo 3 trailer.
Every time I watch this, I remember how awesome this is going to be. Which is often since I have it on my Ipod.

Eh, what the heck, I'll add in a few more comments.

I can't wait.
I can't wait shotgun unsuspecting dupes underground on snowbound.
I can't wait to rain down fire on high ground with the detachable turret from the laser spawn.
I can't wait to blow up the entire opposing team on valhalla because I've placed trip mines at every entrance in just the right place so they can't see them until it is too late.
I can't wait to never have to say "Awwww, I wish I could have recorded that game just now".

And I can't wait to do all of the stuff I did in the beta I just decided not to mention in this thread. ;)

Last edited by Crickett : 09-18-2007 at 09:00 AM.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh I can't wait, just one more week! this is the only game that will make me stop playing Madden.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if i had a 360 i would drop out of school, so maybe its a good thing
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally reserved it. Monday night!!!!

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-18-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are already spoilers people ruined the end of the game for me already :(

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Post them and you'll die. (Or at least get suspended)

Unless it's something from the memorial, then it's ok. I don't want to ruin it so if you want to dicuss it put it in white.

<That thing was awesome and it pretty much leads you to believe that Master Chief is dead, but I'm not sure if it happens in the game or later on. I can't wait to see how it ends though.>

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-18-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is the video of the "John 117 Monument"

***May contain spoilers or hints to what may happen***
http://youtube.com/watch?v=siW4AH1Zv...elated&search=

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was incredible.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Post them and you'll die. (Or at least get suspended)

Unless it's something from the memorial, then it's ok. I don't want to ruin it so if you want to dicuss it put it in white.

<That thing was awesome and it pretty much leads you to believe that Master Chief is dead, but I'm not sure if it happens in the game or later on. I can't wait to see how it ends though.>
Oh believe me I won't ruin it for ya guys im not a dick.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow when this comes out i will live at my friends houses who have xbox 360...
Old 09-18-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hopefully within 1-2 years this will come out for the PC.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

greatest video game campaign ever...
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i didnt pre-order this game (i know im and idiot) but i can't wait till it comes out

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

What is the release date for this game?

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

9-25-07

The day the final chapter of the top video game trilogy comes out.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

i dont know why, but i never really got into it, maybe cause there are like 1 billion 13 year olds playin online, or maybe its the fact my friends younger sister was hitting on people in texas and giving them their house phone number, but i dont know, ive never really been into it, not big in FPS i guess
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
i dont know why, but i never really got into it, maybe cause there are like 1 billion 13 year olds playin online, or maybe its the fact my friends younger sister was hitting on people in texas and giving them their house phone number, but i dont know, ive never really been into it, not big in FPS i guess
what does that have to do with Halo 3?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:25 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never pre-order games and get them the day they come out...

Like Madden '08, my local gamestop didn't even have enough copies for the people who pre-ordered them and was given to those who ordered first. While the rest had to wait for the next shipment.

My buddies and I just went to our local wal*mart and waiting for 15 mins until midnight for them to start releasing them...15mins early and we were like 5th in line...

Same was done for Halo 2...

We'll get Halo 3 at midnight with waiting no longer than 30 mins...If you didn't pre-order just go to BestBuy or Wal*Mart or Target or anywhere they will sell the game but doesn't take pre-orders...Really easy.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
what does that have to do with Halo 3?
does anything really have to have a reason? it just seem creepy, plus he was all like, u remember if u asked if i liked u or not, well it turns out i do. how the **** does it turn out, do u suck ur dick and realize, hmmm maybe i dont like this or what? it has nothing to do with Halo, but all to do with the amount of stupid people on Halo, its probably somewhere like 10% smart - 90% 10-13 years old
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:43 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope its not a disapointment like halo 2. That game got to far away from what made halo a great game, its simplicity. Dont get me wrong i enjoyed playing it, in fact its the only video game i have played in the last 5 years.But, give me a old pistol and a snip on HH or BG in halo 1, and you can count up a couple killing sprees. Head shotn' and dank nadn' chumps driving warthogs, three shot pistol kills, and perhaps a devious wack from behind. Man, I miss the real halo. 20 bucks says this one is the worst yet, I bet they will try and do to much with it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:30 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
someone explain to me why these are great games. my roommate couldn't explain it, but i'm honestly curious. i tried the first one, right when it came out and was seriously underwhelmed (was playing several other FPS's on the PC alongside it). further, i hate with undying passion the control scheme on consoles. that aside, did i just not give the first one enough time? what the hell makes everyone i know a complete nutjob right around release of the sequels?
For me it's the multiplayer. Not since Goldeneye for the 64 have I been able to play hours on end with my friends and having fun every game. It's seems so simple but yet their is so much strategy involved in a simple game like Team Slayer. What really makes the game is the superior multiplayer level design, every level has so much hidden things to find, be it jumps or hiding places. It may not seem like that if you are just starting out playing the game but once you start to get better and master the levels it only get's more fun. The controls and just the way aiming feels is perfect. To me gaming is about having fun with a group of friends, it's about direct competition between two or more people. Halo is just able to deliver on all levels for me.

I can see why some people may not like it though. Some games just don't suit people. I've always hated other "amazing" games like KOTOR or Final Fantasy, or Zelda. Just no other game can eclipse the feeling I gewt by playing an hour or two of Halo

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not really sure if I'll get the game. I guess I'll just wait and see what everyone thinks of it first and then consider it after my exam period is finished.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
someone explain to me why these are great games. my roommate couldn't explain it, but i'm honestly curious. i tried the first one, right when it came out and was seriously underwhelmed (was playing several other FPS's on the PC alongside it). further, i hate with undying passion the control scheme on consoles. that aside, did i just not give the first one enough time? what the hell makes everyone i know a complete nutjob right around release of the sequels?
Multiplayer. You have to play it alot to get obsessed with it because when your "skills" get very good, there is alot more to the game. I used to play the first one over the computer on Xboxconnect.com and it was the ****. You can get together with all your friends and stuff... It gets really competitive.I guess its difficult to explain, but i bet if you would have played it more you would have liked it much more.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote