Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-19-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From watching the memorial videos, it looks like master cheif might not make it in the end, my prediction was that he kills that brute cheif with the sticky grenade, but ends up dying as well, just my thoughts, tho. however i can garuntee anyone that multiplayer is def worth the price of admission alone. i got a copy of beta when it was out, and let just say, it was fing sweet, plus add in the map editor, play back vids, levels from halo 1 & 2 in there, an soo many new weapons i cant even keep track anymore, this game will be one tof the best of all time, Bungie made sure of that this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 09-19-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

nothing competes with Golden Eye 64, cause when u play multiplayer, u can rub it in their face right then and their. Golden Eye was a perfect game
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Multiplayer. You have to play it alot to get obsessed with it because when your "skills" get very good, there is alot more to the game. I used to play the first one over the computer on Xboxconnect.com and it was the ****. You can get together with all your friends and stuff... It gets really competitive.I guess its difficult to explain, but i bet if you would have played it more you would have liked it much more.
I wasn't pretty much every night a few summers ago at my friends house playing on there. Definitely the most fun I've had on a video game.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
someone explain to me why these are great games. my roommate couldn't explain it, but i'm honestly curious. i tried the first one, right when it came out and was seriously underwhelmed (was playing several other FPS's on the PC alongside it). further, i hate with undying passion the control scheme on consoles. that aside, did i just not give the first one enough time? what the hell makes everyone i know a complete nutjob right around release of the sequels?
I would say that multiplayer is it's strength but still not comparable to some PC FPS. For console, it's nice to have the level playing field [where as ones tower specifications plays a role for PC gamers] and it's harder to hack...

The actual game has a good storyline that if you are really a gamer you beat the game then take it online...

I'll agree that most PC FPS are better than Halo.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
I would say that multiplayer is it's strength but still not comparable to some PC FPS. For console, it's nice to have the level playing field [where as ones tower specifications plays a role for PC gamers] and it's harder to hack...

The actual game has a good storyline that if you are really a gamer you beat the game then take it online...

I'll agree that most PC FPS are better than Halo.
i like doom/f.e.a.r. style FPS
Old 09-19-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
nothing competes with Golden Eye 64, cause when u play multiplayer, u can rub it in their face right then and their. Golden Eye was a perfect game
And you can't do that in Halo how?

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
And you can't do that in Halo how?
eh, its just not the same

im gonna go old school, my favorite game of all time is

X-com Ufo Defense for DOS

Last edited by Green Bay Scat : 09-19-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The biggest advantage to Halo's multiplayer component is LAN'ing with your buddies is much easier than PC. I've done both, often, and it it's just a much better and intuitive experience on Xbox with two big T.V's set up for 4v4. It was also the skill based MP other than Counter Strike and I say that as a competitive game junky during that time.

As for the single player it had the best foot-vehicle transition of any FPS and it's 2-weapon system was a refreshing change from the 'you can carry eight thousand different weapons and you never have to worry about strategy' approach most other shooters used. The story was pretty good, for the genre anyways. The only downside is if you were too used to PC controls. I was adept at both so it didn't bother me.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I should reserve this game.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really started getting into halo multiplayer recently, system link is the shizzz, i went and got an xbox 360 caus ps3 has done nothing but dissapoit me. I hope this one isnt n00btastic like H2 was though.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
I guess I should reserve this game.
It's really the only reason I own a 360... It's going to be SWEEEEET.

Assassin's Creed (Going to be amazing) Oblivion (Is amazing) are all multi-platform games...

Bioshock and Halo are great reasons to own a 360.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
From watching the memorial videos, it looks like master cheif might not make it in the end, my prediction was that he kills that brute cheif with the sticky grenade, but ends up dying as well, just my thoughts, tho. however i can garuntee anyone that multiplayer is def worth the price of admission alone. i got a copy of beta when it was out, and let just say, it was fing sweet, plus add in the map editor, play back vids, levels from halo 1 & 2 in there, an soo many new weapons i cant even keep track anymore, this game will be one tof the best of all time, Bungie made sure of that this time.
The videos aren't canon, meaning that they do not reflect the story of halo 3. Bungie basically told the people who made the model what the models should look like and let the model makers (who have never played halo before in their life) improvise.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
It's really the only reason I own a 360... It's going to be SWEEEEET.

Assassin's Creed (Going to be amazing) Oblivion (Is amazing) are all multi-platform games...

Bioshock and Halo are great reasons to own a 360.
Gears of War and Mass Effect as well. Halo Wars is coming out too.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Halo Wars going to be on 360? I thought it was on PC.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-19-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Gears of War and Mass Effect as well. Halo Wars is coming out too.
Well, I am not a Gears of War fan so I didn't count it, Mass Effect isn't released yet... People thought Lair was going to be sweet (Not me, I saw some footage and it looked TERRIBLE.) I don't buy into the hype until I see some ratings...

That being said Gears of War isn't bad, but I just didn't like it.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Well, I am not a Gears of War fan so I didn't count it, Mass Effect isn't released yet... People thought Lair was going to be sweet (Not me, I saw some footage and it looked TERRIBLE.) I don't buy into the hype until I see some ratings...

That being said Gears of War isn't bad, but I just didn't like it.
I really dislike Gears...I know i'm in the few on that, just never liked it.

I've seen the trailers for Mass Effect and it doesn't really jump out to me...

Assassin's Creed is the game I'm most looking forward to along with, obviously, Halo 3...

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Is Halo Wars going to be on 360? I thought it was on PC.
Nope, it's a 360 exclusive. Ensemble designed the controls from ground up with the 360 controller in mind.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Nope, it's a 360 exclusive. Ensemble designed the controls from ground up with the 360 controller in mind.
I love everybody. I actually shed a tear of happiness after reading that.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-19-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does someone want to explain to me the amazing plot of Halo? I never really payed attention to it, kinda just played the game, but it seems very very interesting. And I didn't care for wikipedia's plot lol..

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What exactly is Halo Wars?
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Does someone want to explain to me the amazing plot of Halo? I never really payed attention to it, kinda just played the game, but it seems very very interesting. And I didn't care for wikipedia's plot lol..
I'm such a nerd I've read all the novels....

By the way the story is good enough that Peter Jackson is producing the film adn even co-writing, co-designing and co-producing a video game based on the Halo universe because he's such a big fan.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
let's curb our enthsuiasm a bit. someone thought doom had a good enough story to make it into a movie.

That someone wasn't an academy award winning director.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Trust me, if Steven Spielberg made a DOOM movie with Christian Bale and Denzel Washington it would rule.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
I'm such a nerd I've read all the novels....

By the way the story is good enough that Peter Jackson is producing the film adn even co-writing, co-designing and co-producing a video game based on the Halo universe because he's such a big fan.
Only books I've volunteerily read over the past few years. Good stuff. I don't think I ever read first strike though. I might read the Fall of Reach if I get bored enough this weekend lol.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-20-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Only books I've volunteerily read over the past few years. Good stuff. I don't think I ever read first strike though. I might read the Fall of Reach if I get bored enough this weekend lol.
First Strike was the best, Fall of Reach was second, The Flood was the weakest link in my opinion.