Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-11-2006, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Im not a big fan of the NBA, but I love college basketball.
Same here. NCAA>>>>NBA. Like MLB, I really don't watch the NBA closely until postseason.
In the NBA I cant watch other teams games without being bored out of my mind. But I can watch almost any major conference game in college. they are just so much more exciting.
CHECK UR PM'S
Old 11-11-2006, 04:02 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

watch out for my cuse this year.

3 returning seniors, watkins, roberts, and nichols. 2nd year vet devendorf had a great freshman season and looks to do it again. freshman paul harris has looked very sharp with the little action i saw. lack good depth but have enough to get it done.

if theres a year for us to go deep in march its this year, becase of the seniors. just my opinion.

GO 'CUSE!
Old 11-11-2006, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There seem to be A LOT of good teams. It will be an exciting year. But is it wrong that I don't get up much for the regular season? I just feel like if you are halfway decent, you'll make the tourney and go from there. Especially out of conference stuff, I don't quite care as much.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:06 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Quote:
Quote:
That's fine, you crazy kids count out Ohio State. Once we get Oden for Big Ten play, we'll be NASTY!

Anyways, I'm not a giant College B-Ball fan, but I'll go to some games and watch most on TV. Basketball always alluded me as a sport.

I think OSU will struggle early without Oden, though they looked good last night and started getting it in the second half. We'll lose to UNC and Florida, but once Big Ten play hits, and Oden is back, we'll be right up there and take the Big Ten tournament. Matta is a beast of a coach.
Im not a big fan of the NBA, but I love college basketball. And with Wisconsin and Marquette it will be a great year for me. I expect it to be a close race for the title between Wisconsin and OSU, but in the NCAA touney they should both get a high seed anyway.

And Cards, Im thinking IU will be anywhere from 4-6 in the Big Ten and around a 7-10 seed
Oh yeah, Wisconsin is a great team, and I think Illinois will do one of the extremes. Either choke hard, or beat teams they shouldn't and be at the top of the Big Ten.

I don't watch the NBA at all, which hurts because I never really "learned" basketball. I understand the basics, but I don't get all the fouls and strategy and such. So, I'll probably comment all year and look like a homer or a rookie :P
I beleive that UW and OSU will be 1-3 seeds, Illinois a 4-6seed, and Indiana, Michigan, MSU to be in it.

Last edited by GB12 : 02-25-2007 at 11:34 PM.
GB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:21 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
I'll say a Sweet 16 appearance and I'll make an early prediction that we win the Big 10 Tourny at the UC.
Sorry, but that will be

Nope...It's at the UC and Illinois always does well at the UC. If we are hitting on all cylinders, we are without question a top 15 team this season IMO. But we have a lot of "ifs" that need to be addressed.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:47 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree, Illinois still has some rebuilding to do, they've lost too many good players, whereas Wisconsin has Alando Tucker and Kammron Taylor returning.

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:51 PM    (permalink
snuff

Arizona should be really good this year.

Predictions!
Jawann Mclellan is back and is going to destroy for them, should be comeback player of the year(if there is such thing).

Brett Petway will win every slam dunk contest he enters, and if he doesn't the judges cheat.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:55 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball
I disagree, Illinois still has some rebuilding to do, they've lost too many good players, whereas Wisconsin has Alando Tucker and Kammron Taylor returning.
And we return 3 of 5 starters. The loss of Dee and Augie won't hurt as much as you think it will.

Yes they have some rebuilding, but they're going to be a scary team once they start to click. Wisconsin has Tucker and Taylor; and a couple other solid players but that's it. We have 3 or 4 potential breakout players this seaosn, along with a couple more good players.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:07 PM    (permalink
snuff

Yeah Illinois will be fine... They have Juice coming over to play basketball.

I hear he can make it from the opposite free throw line 95% of the time.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:10 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hate Illinois for what they did 2 years ago in the Elite 8
It was basically reliving the Ohio-Buffalo game over again. Unbelievable comeback to eliminate one of my teams, just a few days later. Thank god the 3rd triumvirate (UNC) avenged them both with a championship
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:13 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Yeah Illinois will be fine... They have Juice coming over to play basketball.

I hear he can make it from the opposite free throw line 95% of the time.
Haha that made me laugh snuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
I just hate Illinois for what they did 2 years ago in the Elite 8. It was basically reliving the Ohio-Buffalo game over again. Unbelieable comeback to eliminate one of my teams, just a few days later. Thank god the 3rd triumvirate (UNC) avenged them both and won the championship
Illinois should have beaten UNC. We could not hit an outside jumper to save our lives, and we had 3 or 4 wide open chances from 3 to win that game. I give credit to UNC but we lost that game IMO.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2006, 11:29 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
That's fine, you crazy kids count out Ohio State. Once we get Oden for Big Ten play, we'll be NASTY!

Anyways, I'm not a giant College B-Ball fan, but I'll go to some games and watch most on TV. Basketball always alluded me as a sport.

I think OSU will struggle early without Oden, though they looked good last night and started getting it in the second half. We'll lose to UNC and Florida, but once Big Ten play hits, and Oden is back, we'll be right up there and take the Big Ten tournament. Matta is a beast of a coach.
Im not a big fan of the NBA, but I love college basketball. And with Wisconsin and Marquette it will be a great year for me. I expect it to be a close race for the title between Wisconsin and OSU, but in the NCAA touney they should both get a high seed anyway.

And Cards, Im thinking IU will be anywhere from 4-6 in the Big Ten and around a 7-10 seed
Why? Pretty much everybody I've seen says we're at least top 5 in the Big Ten. We got our best player back, a good coach and a group of young guards that are improving.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The depth on UNC is going to be hard for a lot of teams to handle.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:45 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Quote:

Why? Pretty much everybody I've seen says we're at least top 5 in the Big Ten. We got our best player back, a good coach and a group of young guards that are improving.
Im thinking that they will be 4th, but could slide to 6th.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:04 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Wisconsin
2. Ohio State
3. Indiana
4. Illinois.

Thats how i see it falling out. I really think Indiana and Illinois will be a toss up.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep putting OSU at #2 ;)

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-12-2006, 01:31 PM    (permalink

Quote:
#3 is more like it.

When will Oden be back?
Old 11-12-2006, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
#3 is more like it.

When will Oden be back?
He should be back for Big Ten play in January. Worst case would be the end of January, 17th or 20th. Most likely though, would be January 2nd against Indiana.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-12-2006, 01:35 PM    (permalink

Dang :x
Old 11-12-2006, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Dang :x
Ha. The thing about Ohio State B-Ball games is they are fun to watch. I swear we ha 6 Alley-Oops against VMI...

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-12-2006, 01:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Wisconsin
2. Ohio State
3. Indiana
4. Illinois.

Thats how i see it falling out. I really think Indiana and Illinois will be a toss up.
Same, with Illinois winning the toss up to be 3.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:52 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yea but other then DJ White who do you have? Illinois has a lot more talent then IU does, RIGHT NOW and we're a deeper team.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2006, 01:57 PM    (permalink

Earl Calloway emerged as a very good point guard late last year, AJ Ratliff had a great freshman campaign and has recovered from his injury last year and Rodrick Wilmont was the best 6th man in the nation last year but he started like two too many games to qualify and will be starting this year. I just realized I read that wrong, i thought GB was saying we would win 4 Big Ten games.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Earl Calloway emerged as a very good point guard late last year, AJ Ratliff had a great freshman campaign and has recovered from his injury last year and Rodrick Wilmont was the best 6th man in the nation last year but he started like two too many games to qualify and will be starting this year. I just realized I read that wrong, i thought GB was saying we would win 4 Big Ten games.
Lol. There are some Big Ten duds that I'm sure you'll beat.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-12-2006, 02:07 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Ohio State, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, and Michigan are the only teams worth a damn in this conference. Well Penn State is decent but not to the other teams' level.

MSU lost to a Div. III school, or maybe it was a Div. II school. I forget but it's still pathetic. I'm telling you, there is not one DOMINANT team in this conference, there's really no clear cut favorite to win this thing right now.

Wisconsin has 2 awesome players in Tucker and Taylor but other then them I don't think they have a very good supporting cast. But Tucker is one of the best players in the nation, and so is Taylor. So they'll be very tough to beat this season.

Ohio State while having a lot of YOUNG talent, I don't see a bunch of freshman leading this team to where people think they're going. Losing Dials last year really hurt. Oden will be very good but I quesiton the freshman leadership on this team.

Illinois is a conondrum. Us Illini fans have high hopes for this team but we have no idea of how good we can be. We'll either be a pretty tough team this season or a very good team this season capable of winning the Big 10. A lot of questions have to be answered on this team, but IF they are I think we can take the conference.

Indiana while getting their best player back, I just dont' see them finishing at #1 or #2, I even have a hard time seeing them at #3 but who knows. They do have a pretty good supporting cast, but they are not as deep, nor as talented as Illinois, Wisconsin, and Ohio State are.

The other teams, eh I'm not going to analyze them.

Quote: