Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-14-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
No science geniuses? Even a guess?
two ways.
magnet...
and then pour the sand and salt into water...
let the salt dissolve.
separate the salt and water.
and boil the salt...

the other way would be to melt off the iron (iron has a lower melting point than salt and sand), and then separate the salt and water... thats for brownie points.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Can anyone validate 21.2 m/s???
It's 17.17. I made the mistake to think the time given was the time it took from the rock to go from the cliff to the water, I didn't think it counted the time of sound too.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anyone have any tips for the preterite tense in spanish?

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

+ rep for anyone who will write a one page opinion paper on Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.

kidding.

but if you're bored....... :)

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
+ rep for anyone who will write a one page opinion paper on Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.

kidding.

but if you're bored....... :)
basically like what did you think of the story paper?
Old 09-18-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
basically like what did you think of the story paper?
ya but I already did it. you can do one on Morte d'Arthur tho haha

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
ya but I already did it. you can do one on Morte d'Arthur tho haha
didn't read that haha
Old 09-19-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An investor has $20,000 to invest. If part was invested at 8% and the rest at 12%, how much should be invested at each rate to yield 11% on the total amount invested? (Remember: I=Prt)
Old 09-19-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure it's 5,000 at 8% and 15,000 at 12%...
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I'm pretty sure it's that too

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
It is that definitely

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The revenue, R, recieved for selling x computers is given by the formula
R= -x2/5 + 80x-500. How many computers must be sold to obtain the maximum revenue?

***x2 means x squared

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

anyone here know binary or hexadecimals?
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
anyone here know binary or hexadecimals?
kinda, i am in AP computer science a.k.a the nerdiest class ever, this year
Old 09-19-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
kinda, i am in AP computer science a.k.a the nerdiest class ever, this year
isnt it the gayest **** uve ever heard? lol
Old 09-19-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
The revenue, R, recieved for selling x computers is given by the formula
R= -x2/5 + 80x-500. How many computers must be sold to obtain the maximum revenue?

***x2 means x squared
this is how you do it.
for my 1k post.

you take the derivitave of the equasion. r=(-x^2)/5+80x-500.

the derivitave of that is r'=-2x/5+80 (if you don't know how to get that let me know)

you solve for r'=-2x/5+80 (which is 200). 200 is the tangent point on the r equasion.

200 = 7500
201 = 7499.8
199 = 7499.8

200 is the correct answer.

and i know binary and hex too gbs
i do the computer science thing kinda well.
considering i am a programmer.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Binary is really easy, hexadecimals are kinda hard, also adding and subtracting them, but i just think its stupid

hey quiet, im majoring in computer science and want to be a programmer, in really anything, but am not to nerdy, how is it being a programmer?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
this is how you do it.
for my 1k post.

you take the derivitave of the equasion. r=(-x^2)/5+80x-500.

the derivitave of that is r'=-2x/5+80 (if you don't know how to get that let me know)

you solve for r'=-2x/5+80 (which is 200). 200 is the tangent point on the r equasion.

200 = 7500
201 = 7499.8
199 = 7499.8

200 is the correct answer.

and i know binary and hex too gbs
i do the computer science thing kinda well.
considering i am a programmer.
Thank you very much, but can you tell me how you got the derivative of the initial problem?

Sig by Me
Old 09-19-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

some kid in my class made a calculator program to convert binary to decimal and vice versa, so i never learned how to do it, i just used the program. so far it is kinda cool, i felt like a loser when i learned something in math today, and said "i could make a computer program that could do that", probably my nerdiest thought ever
Old 09-19-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
some kid in my class made a calculator program to convert binary to decimal and vice versa, so i never learned how to do it, i just used the program. so far it is kinda cool, i felt like a loser when i learned something in math today, and said "i could make a computer program that could do that", probably my nerdiest thought ever
hey, chicks dig the smart guy.....with MONEY!

im too stupid to be in a smart career, i seriously think ive takin more Asprin last year than anyone has in their lifes, during games, id take 16 of them lol
Old 09-19-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

Quote:
hey, chicks dig the smart guy.....with MONEY!

im too stupid to be in a smart career, i seriously think ive takin more Asprin last year than anyone has in their lifes, during games, id take 16 of them lol
chicks dig me anyway, so i don't need the help. and i am in the smart classes anyway, but that is the only one i could actually call "nerdy"

EDIT:ITT tech could really help you out getting a career in computer programming, that is what my brother in law did
Old 09-19-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
chicks dig me anyway, so i don't need the help. and i am in the smart classes anyway, but that is the only one i could actually call "nerdy"

EDIT:ITT tech could really help you out getting a career in computer programming, that is what my brother in law did
well, when im done with football, ill do that, even if i major in it, cause at a specialty school u can always get better, btw whats ur Bro-n-law do?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
Thank you very much, but can you tell me how you got the derivative of the initial problem?
no prob.

to get to -2x/5+80 from -x^2/5+80x-500 comes to reducing the power of the variable by one.
so x2 would become x... and you multiply the coefficient by the power you reduced it from (which would be two). so it becomes -2x^1... since 80x is already at the first power 80*1 is still 80. and x^0 will always = 1. 500, since it doesn't have a variable attached to it becomes 0. and then you mark it as r'= -2x/5+80 because it's the original equasion derived (the r' is noted as r prime)...

so... i hope that worked? you're probably just starting calc one right?
it's a basic concept that you'll get really good at soon.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
no prob.

to get to -2x/5+80 from -x^2/5+80x-500 comes to reducing the power of the variable by one.
so x2 would become x... and you multiply the coefficient by the power you reduced it from (which would be two). so it becomes -2x^1... since 80x is already at the first power 80*1 is still 80. and x^0 will always = 1. 500, since it doesn't have a variable attached to it becomes 0. and then you mark it as r'= -2x/5+80 because it's the original equasion derived (the r' is noted as r prime)...

so... i hope that worked? you're probably just starting calc one right?
it's a basic concept that you'll get really good at soon.
Second half of Math B actually

Thank you much

Sig by Me
Old 09-19-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Binary is really easy, hexadecimals are kinda hard, also adding and subtracting them, but i just think its stupid

hey quiet, im majoring in computer science and want to be a programmer, in really anything, but am not to nerdy, how is it being a programmer?
i'm not really nerdy either. i played in rock bands.
it's alright. there's not that many nerds.

it also depends on what your programming on how big of nerds you'll encounter. if you stick with ajax, .net, cfml, sql and oracle based programming, you'll be among the least nerdy.

when you start programming in ancient technology, then then nerds come out.

the pay is good. i don't dress up all the time. and i'm not really a 'programmer'... i used to be by trade... even though i'm an engineer (and not a CS style engineer, like a real, bread and butter Mechie)... nowadays, i just oversee programmers and data analysts and suck off a few middle management gurus and project managers to make sure what i'm planning goes without hitches. lots and lots of analysis. (i'm what you'd call a business analyst)