Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 09-16-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Game 2: Denver-23 Oakland-20

Well I didn't see much of this game but it was WAYY too close for comfort. This team will not go very far at all if it can't beat teams it's better than, and we are better than the Raiders and Bills. Anyway, I thought we looked good in OT, but that was all I actually saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Game 2: Denver - 23 Oakland - 20

I can't take too many more games like this... unfortunately, it seems to be a trend.

Once again, we rolled up a lot of yards while shutting down the other team's passing game, yet it was still a nail biter. The defense has to find a way to stop the run. It's embarrassing when you *know* they are going to run, yet you still get gouged for a big chunk of yardage.

Last week a kick return for a TD made the game a lot closer than it should've been. This week it was an INT return for a TD. You can't afford to give up cheap scores like that and expect to win.

A few individual player comments:

Walker, Marshall and Stokley are a great WR corps
Webster looks like our best LB (scary thought...)
Moss is starting to make some plays
Selvin Young has the potential to be a really good RB
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

****, we are sooooo lucky.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We pulled a 2nd win out of our asses.

Hopefully this is just a sign of a tough team that can win close games. This is a recipe for good things to come!
Old 09-17-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont think denver played down their opponents at all. they jus arent consistent enough yet offensively or defensively to do much damage this year. its expected tho with a 2nd year QB.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno, I don't think we're great, but I certainly don't think we're worse than the Bills or Raiders. We should have beaten those teams, quite handily. Not have to rely on game winning FGs to do it. I think a real gauge of this team will come when we play someone decent, the Jags next week. The Jags are a team who's level I think we're on, and that will truly show how we are as a team. We will probably get raped by SD and Indy though, as well as Chicago.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-18-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I can't take too many more games like this... unfortunately, it seems to be a trend.

Once again, we rolled up a lot of yards while shutting down the other team's passing game, yet it was still a nail biter. The defense has to find a way to stop the run. It's embarrassing when you *know* they are going to run, yet you still get gouged for a big chunk of yardage.

Last week a kick return for a TD made the game a lot closer than it should've been. This week it was an INT return for a TD. You can't afford to give up cheap scores like that and expect to win.

A few individual player comments:

Walker, Marshall and Stokley are a great WR corps
Webster looks like our best LB (scary thought...)
Moss is starting to make some plays
Selvin Young has the potential to be a really good RB
Yeah we have some good points, and some bad. If we can get our offense scoring like the #1 yardage offense(which oddly enough, we are), then we can stop them from being able to run the ball just because we're ahead. But we definitely need to stop the run a whole lot better. Somehow though we are still the #2 defense in the NFL, yardage wise. Lol.

I just saw Cutler's TD a minute ago, that was a great play by him and the receiver(Stokley?). Of course, Cutler also makes stupid plays sometimes, but his flashes of absolute BRILLIANCE are hopefully foreshadowing his bright future. As long as he doesn't decide to throw lefty, we're gonna be okay, I think.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-19-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
But we definitely need to stop the run a whole lot better. Somehow though we are still the #2 defense in the NFL, yardage wise. Lol.
We've been good against the pass, though part of that comes from the fact we can't stop the run. If the Raiders hadn't suckered Bly on that one play, McCown would've been 7/15 for 27 yards and 3 ints... can't expect much more than that from the D.

The younger guys on D will probably improve against the run as they learn the scheme and become more disciplined. Really, we've got lots of room to grow on both sides of the ball, and I expect we'll see some of that as the season progresses.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Broncos' problem is converting their hard work into something tangible: such as TOUCHDOWNS. Again, we produce a crap load more yardage than the Raiders yet we have to eek out a win in OT? There's no excuse for that. Also, Cutler needs to stop staring down his receivers. For every brilliant pass he's making, he's neutralizing his success with Plummer-esque decisions from time to time.

The defense hasn't been too bad. They have lapses in their play, particularly against the run (which is odd since it was against the pass last season), but I think the defense will get better as the year goes on... altho the absence of Al Wilson has been conspicuously evident. Also, Dre Bly worries me. He's definitely a high risk/reward player, but with Champ Bailey on the other side, all we need him to do is be consistent and not to take too many chances that would harm us as he nearly lost us the game.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

man we gotta like raise the intensity get some swagger or somn. i didnt see much of either game, but i did see the last bit of the raider one. we looked good from what i saw, on defense dre bly had a pick and that FG situation by the raiders almost gave me a heart attack. i liked the way we drove the field on offense and it would be nice to see the broncos for the whole game not just when im a nervous wreck for my team watching clutch situations. anyway, i really dont think we can be a playoff team like this. but i do think we will pull it together this week and turn into the dominant force that sparked up in OT lsat week. go broncos!!!!!!
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

they need to throw more to Brandon/Javon, them 2 be sexy studs out there
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
The Broncos' problem is converting their hard work into something tangible: such as TOUCHDOWNS. Again, we produce a crap load more yardage than the Raiders yet we have to eek out a win in OT? There's no excuse for that. Also, Cutler needs to stop staring down his receivers. For every brilliant pass he's making, he's neutralizing his success with Plummer-esque decisions from time to time.

The defense hasn't been too bad. They have lapses in their play, particularly against the run (which is odd since it was against the pass last season), but I think the defense will get better as the year goes on... altho the absence of Al Wilson has been conspicuously evident. Also, Dre Bly worries me. He's definitely a high risk/reward player, but with Champ Bailey on the other side, all we need him to do is be consistent and not to take too many chances that would harm us as he nearly lost us the game.
IMO, the thing that's weird about Cutler, is he makes all these great throws, hitting open guys, taking appropriate risks, and then all of a sudden, out of the blue, he makes a bad decision. so we know he can be great, he just needs less brain lapses. As long as he doesn't throw lefty, we should be alright.

Quote:
Quote: