Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 11-09-2006, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default New York Jets Discussion

Discuss the Jets here.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:42 AM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/v...ic.php?t=29777

what does everyone think?

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:37 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

i guess i saved the thread for no reason oh well
and shaveda that would be awsome if the off season thing actually happened
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:46 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Fresh start huh?
Old 11-09-2006, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We're already 33 posts behind the Giants thread :(

Can't let those guys beat us
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:12 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031

damn straight

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:14 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlutiesDropKick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031

damn straight
word
Old 11-09-2006, 08:25 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

This game this weekend is gunna be intense, if we win this weekend, the division is ours! I'm biased but I predict 24-17

Old 11-09-2006, 08:30 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

hope fully we can come out with a win, i guessed that we would atleast come out with a win against the pats season, i think if we win the score will be 21-20, but that will be scary cus brady is sort a like peyton he can drive his offense down the field,
Old 11-09-2006, 10:53 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard that Maroney might be out for the game... is this true?
Old 11-09-2006, 11:33 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

If we actually score in the first quarter, its going to be a good game.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:36 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually don't think it will be that close :(

20-10 Pats

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:26 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres
I heard that Maroney might be out for the game... is this true?
The pats always list like 20 players as questionable so don't count on it

Old 11-10-2006, 11:27 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

for those too lazy to click the link to my mock draft

I will be trying to make this realistic, so I'm sorry to say the Jets will not get all of the top FAs this offseason.

Free Agent Signings:

1. Daniel Graham TE

Coming from a Patriot team that loves to use the TE, Mangini will sign one of his former players to help out at the TE position that needs a little help. Don't get me wrong, Chris Baker is alright, but he could definitely be improved.

2. Vince Manuwai LG

This will be the BIG free agent signing for the Jets this offseason. The Jets offensive line has holes at only two spots and that is LG and RT. The Jets will try to fill those holes and get one of the best free agents on the market. Pete Kendall is getting old and has been garbage. Now we gain a young Vince Manuwai to take his place and will soon be on our way to one of the top offensive lines in the NFL (Ferguson-Manuwai-Mangold-Moore-Black).

3. Jordan Black RT

The BIGGEST need on the Jets offense is RT. Anthony Clement and Adrian Jones have been pretty bad to say the least. With the signing of Black, we have officially completed our offensive line. Black comes from what used to be the best offensive line (Chiefs) in the NFL to the Jets new and improved o-line. He will be a starter right away.

4. Michael "the Burner" Turner RB

At this point, the Jets do not know what they will get out of Leon Washington and Cedric Houston. This may change as the season goes on, but for right now, running back is conisidered a need. Turner, at 237 pounds, has great speed and is a very valuable player. It is not known that he will be able to carry the entire load at running back, but that is where Leon, Cedric, and Barlow come in. The Jets will more than likely use a 3 running back system with Turner getting the bulk of the carries (Turner 15-20 Carries, Leon 5-10 Carries, Cedric 2-7).

Other Possibilities:
-Max Starks RT
-Adalius Thomas OLB
-Eric Steinbach OG
-Derrick Dockery OG
-Asante Samuel CB

The Draft:
Round 1- LaMarr Woodley DE/OLB, Michigan

As a result of the Jets failing to sign a pass rusher, the Jets decide to fulfill that need through the draft. Victor Hobson has been a disappointment at this point in his career. The former 2nd Round pick will now ride the bench and help the team as much as he can. Woodley will immediately put a SOLB to help out the Jets AWFUL pass rushing. Hopefully, with this pick, the Jets can complete their LB group and stop worrying their lack of pass rush. Many may question Woodley's ability to play the 3-4 but I feel that Woodley definitely has the tools to be one of the league's elite.

Round 2a (from the Redskins)- Amobi Okoye NT, Louisville

Now that the Jets improved the pass rush, they need to improve their run stopping ability. The most important part of the 3-4 defense is the NT and the Jets have virtually no one. Robertson has looked impressive at times, but other times has looked pitiful. Okoye is one of the few players in this draft who could possibly play 3-4 NT. Another plus is that he is only 19 years old! Okoye had the chance to go to Harvard so he has the smarts that the Jets look for. It may take a few years to get to where the Jets want him to be, but when he is ready, he will be among the elite.

Round 2b- Daymeion Hughes CB, California

The Jets pass defense is alright but nothing special. If Justin Miller is going to keep returning kicks, he can not start. Andre Dyson is a journey man so who knows how long he will be here. David Barrett is getting up there in age and isn't the best man to man corner. Drew Coleman has been a nice surprise for a 6th round pick and has been a starter throughout this year. The Jets need a CB that could possibly play #1 or play as the #2 corner until Dyson is gone.

Round 3- Steve Smith WR, USC

Jerricho Cotchery has emerged as the future for the Jets at WR but with Coles about to enter his 30s, the Jets need to look for a future #2. Both Clemens and Pennington don't have the greatest arms so they need possession receivers. Though the Jets have Justin McCareins and Brad Smith, Brad Smith will continue to do what he has done and possibly move up to an Antwaan Randle El role as the #3 WR and come in for trick plays. McCareins has been a big disappointment so he will be traded or cut which will leave the #3 WR spot for Steve Smith. Brad Smith isn't ready for #3 yet so in 2-3 years, look for both Smiths to move up the depth chart.

*Round 4 (Lost to 49ers for Kevan Barlow)*

Round 5- Jay Moore DE

Shaun Ellis and Kimo von Oelhoffen are getting up there in age (especially Kimo). Ellis has another 3-4 good years left and Kimo has maybe one. The Jets will need a 3-4 DE to replace them when their time is done so this is a pick that builds for the future.

Round 6a- BPA

Round 6b- BPA

Round 7- BPA

New Additions:

Old 11-11-2006, 01:14 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice, i agree with pretty much everything

Sig by Me
Old 11-12-2006, 12:24 AM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie

tishdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Isn't number 12 retired for Broadway Joe?
And 34 would look hot for Turner.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:55 AM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tishdog
Isn't number 12 retired for Broadway Joe?
And 34 would look hot for Turner.
my boy cedrick houstons number is 34
Old 11-12-2006, 01:02 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Lets go Jets! Game time!
Old 11-12-2006, 01:30 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown
Lets go Jets! Game time!
as always, i will pick the jets. I have a good feeling
Old 11-12-2006, 04:01 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I called it
Old 11-12-2006, 04:03 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Well done

Sig by Me
Old 11-12-2006, 04:04 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128
Well done
thank you. As mets fans say, You Gotta Believe.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:04 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

FINALLY WE WON!!!!!!!!! If we can beat the bears next week, we can end up being 12-4!

Old 11-12-2006, 04:07 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavedaeyebrow2
FINALLY WE WON!!!!!!!!! If we can beat the bears next week, we can end up being 12-4!
anything is possible. They looked a lot better on both sides of the ball today, im started to get excited about this team.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:08 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

thats what im talkin about it was a well deserved win, another really close game that came down the wire, but shawn ellis came through. Mangini went aggresive, but that cothery td was pretty scary, i thought for a second it might have been an into but the jets played hard