Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-12-2006, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but young talent can take you a long way in basketball. Oden is mature beyond his years of course, and Terwilliger is the veteran presence on the team. At this point, yes, Wisconsin is better. But if we are going to project the future, you give this OSU team a ew months to mature, I'm feeling it. They don't have to be great now, they have to be great 2 or 3 months. That's why I like our chances :)

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:12 PM    (permalink
giantfAn

this is really not aout a team but yesterday i went to the Oregon Vs. USC game... i got there at 10:30 in the morning.

needless to say i had alot of time on my hands... so we wne t and watched the mens bball team play cal poly pamona in a preseason game it was free. anyways for my thought. USC just opened a new arena for bball and volleyball(The Galen Center) its very nice . cushions seats cupholders. you know stuff they dont have in a football statdium that hasnt een updated in forever (THE collesium)(sp?) anyways yesterday was awesome... lawrence jackson had a huge game 3 SACKS!!!!! steve smith woot.

that is all
Old 11-12-2006, 02:13 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, I know this board is full of Big Ten fans, but are there any big east fans here.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoy Pitt? Couldn't tell you anything about their B-Ball team though, other than they are supposed to be pretty good :P

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:25 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Ok, I know this board is full of Big Ten fans, but are there any big east fans here.
not really, but with 20 teams at least one is bound to interest me. I'll root for Providence and maybe a little Syracuse now that they have Paul Harris
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:35 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Correct me if I'm wrong, but young talent can take you a long way in basketball. Oden is mature beyond his years of course, and Terwilliger is the veteran presence on the team. At this point, yes, Wisconsin is better. But if we are going to project the future, you give this OSU team a ew months to mature, I'm feeling it. They don't have to be great now, they have to be great 2 or 3 months. That's why I like our chances :)
Yes, talent does take you a long way, but so does experience, and that's something tOSU doesn't have.

I think it's going to be a three horse race b/w Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Illinois personally. With Indiana coming in 4th.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:41 PM    (permalink

I think Wisconsin is definitely the best team in the Big Ten and that UI, OSU and IU will be battling for the other 3 spots.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:03 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
I think Wisconsin is definitely the best team in the Big Ten and that UI, OSU and IU will be battling for the other 3 spots.
I wouldnt say UW's definitely the best, I think OSU is right up there with them. I would say that Indiana and Illinois are pretty equal.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:55 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
I wouldnt say UW's definitely the best, I think OSU is right up there with them. I would say that Indiana and Illinois are pretty equal.
Illinois is going to shock a lot of people in the College Basketball world, I will guarnatee you that. Right now both McBride and Randle are out but when they get back, we'll be an exciting team to watch.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:12 PM    (permalink
snuff

tOSU will rape the big10 in basketball.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:52 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
tOSU will rape the big10 in basketball.
:roll:

Based off what?

Quote:
Old 11-12-2006, 05:03 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I enjoy Pitt? Couldn't tell you anything about their B-Ball team though, other than they are supposed to be pretty good :P
Buffalo 79 Pitt 72
Old 11-12-2006, 05:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:
Buffalo 79 Pitt 72
:shock:

Quote:
Old 11-12-2006, 05:15 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:
Buffalo 79 Pitt 72
:shock:
(I hope)
Old 11-12-2006, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Nerv

I know its all Big Ten fans in here so Ill just go out and say it. The Big Ten is terrible coming into this season. Ohio State is the only team to be bringing in top freshman talent and the majority of the conferences top teams lost a lot of their production. Even with the talent the Big Ten had last year they still looked terrible in the NCAA tourney.

Now onto a state of Michigan outlook. It looks like Michigan will finally be better than Michigan State for a year. Don't put anythnig past Tom Izzo but he will need to work a miracle with this team. State returns basically only anemic shooting and tiny PG Drew Neitzel and soft C Goran Suton.

Michigan would actually love to have Neitzel, even though they bring back and feature a very solid trio of Dion Harris, Lester Abram, & Courtney Sims to be their main guys at G, F & C. But Michigan is left with a huge hole at PG with Horton gone, Amaker really hasnt done a great job of recruiting and our PG to be Jerrell Smith leaves a lot to be desired. With other solid players in high flying Brent Petway and all around solid F Ronald Coleman Michigan shouldnt be half bad this season. If they can get solid ballhandling and PG play on paper Michigan is easily as good as Indiana, Wisconsin, & Illinois who come into the season not looking all that impressive themselves.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When did the season start? I haven't caught one

Also i forget what times they are usually on.......anyone
Old 11-12-2006, 05:51 PM    (permalink
snuff

Sweatness lets make a bet on Arizona vs Illinois next week.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:53 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Id take Arizona and Gingerkid extraordinaire in that one.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan

Most every team has played a game at least now, but all the major conference programs all play small school cans at this point in the season. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks some of the bigger preseason tournaments and non conference matchups will happen.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:26 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan

Most every team has played a game at least now, but all the major conference programs all play small school cans at this point in the season. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks some of the bigger preseason tournaments and non conference matchups will happen.
About 2 weeks until the (3)Kansas-(1)Florida game
UNC plays Ohio Sate the week after that
Old 11-12-2006, 06:42 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
I dont' make bets against my own team because they always choke. I'll do over/under's though. It's not that I'm not confident but I bet on about 10 Chicago Sports games in the past year and they lost (one being the Miami game last week for the Bears).

Quote:
Old 11-12-2006, 06:43 PM    (permalink
snuff

How will we do over/under ?
Old 11-12-2006, 06:45 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know its all Big Ten fans in here so Ill just go out and say it. The Big Ten is terrible coming into this season. Ohio State is the only team to be bringing in top freshman talent and the majority of the conferences top teams lost a lot of their production. Even with the talent the Big Ten had last year they still looked terrible in the NCAA tourney.

Now onto a state of Michigan outlook. It looks like Michigan will finally be better than Michigan State for a year. Don't put anythnig past Tom Izzo but he will need to work a miracle with this team. State returns basically only anemic shooting and tiny PG Drew Neitzel and soft C Goran Suton.

Michigan would actually love to have Neitzel, even though they bring back and feature a very solid trio of Dion Harris, Lester Abram, & Courtney Sims to be their main guys at G, F & C. But Michigan is left with a huge hole at PG with Horton gone, Amaker really hasnt done a great job of recruiting and our PG to be Jerrell Smith leaves a lot to be desired. With other solid players in high flying Brent Petway and all around solid F Ronald Coleman Michigan shouldnt be half bad this season. If they can get solid ballhandling and PG play on paper Michigan is easily as good as Indiana, Wisconsin, & Illinois who come into the season not looking all that impressive themselves.
so a team can't be good this year unless they brought in inexperienced Freshman? Plus, it was quite obvious Wisconsin wouldn't go far last season. They are much more experienced this year. There's a reasone they are ranked #9.

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball
Quote:

so a team can't be good this year unless they brought in inexperienced Freshman? Plus, it was quite obvious Wisconsin wouldn't go far last season. They are much more experienced this year. There's a reasone they are ranked #9.
Did you even read what I wrote? I said not bringing in top freshman in conjunction with losing players to graduation/nba.

God I swear, i hate this site, people never read what you say but respond with critisism to one point you make.

I also never mentioned anything specifically about Wisconsin and was talking about the Big 10 as a whole, a lot of graduating players and a lack of top recruits, but once again you would have had to read the post to realize this.

Wisconsin has a very solid team this year especially with their backcourt, theyre basically the one exception in the Big 10 of a team that didnt lose a huge chunk of production.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:23 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
How will we do over/under ?
Points. You can go ahead and pick and I'll cover.

Quote: