Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

Old 09-09-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Bush is the Vick of Running backs.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
Just trying to look at his rushing stats doesn't do him justice though. Hes definitely a dynamic player.

He had well over 1000 all purpose yards and 8 TDs if you combine his rushing and receiving numbers. He had a solid year last year and I can only see him getting better as he learns how to play at this level.

The thing about Reggie compared to Joe Addai (who I absolutely love by the way) is that Addai was already used to the style of running thats successful in the NFL. One cut and run. Bush still has a lot to learn about running the ball in the league. He may never be a guy like Addai but I can see him as a 1000 yard rusher eventually.
That's fair. You saying he may never be Addai or whomever is much different than insisting he'll be the best player ever, which is what some have done. He's obviously not a bad player overall. He's a good football player, just a poor runningback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks01234 View Post
Mario Williams has a fumble recovery with a return for more than 20 yards!

Bush is the NFL's next Desmond Howard. As soon as Sean Peyton stop's trying to feature everything around him, he'll be a third down back and a punt returner.

He shouldn't stop featuring Bush. Reggie is an amazing football player. Payton needs to let Deuce be the main RB, and give Reggie sparing touches.

Personally, if I were a coach, I'd use Bush all the time. I'd line up in 2 back sets, have him as my slot, reverses, double reverses, all that. I wouldn't give him more than the duties of a #2 back though.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
joercky
Rookie

joercky needs more cowbell.

Reggie Bush is the Vick of Running backs.
Slight difference Vick knew how to run the ball past the line of scrimmage into the opponents backfield.

Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.
joercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
He shouldn't stop featuring Bush. Reggie is an amazing football player. Payton needs to let Deuce be the main RB, and give Reggie sparing touches.

Personally, if I were a coach, I'd use Bush all the time. I'd line up in 2 back sets, have him as my slot, reverses, double reverses, all that. I wouldn't give him more than the duties of a #2 back though.
This is exactly how I feel. Don't force feed him the ball, at the expense of McAllister. They should use him to compliment McAllister instead. The threat of him on the end around was a huge boost to McAllister's YPC last year.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:49 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario Williams has the same number of TD as Reggie Bush and Vince Young combined. LOL.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:23 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a horrible, horrible term to use, but it almost seems like Payton is "Madden Coaching". Not as in Madden the coach, but Madden video game football. You know when you have some stud playmaker, and you just wanna get him the ball to the detriment of the rest of the offense? I've been guilty of it. It would be more beneficial to give the ball to Deuce 25 times and Reggie maybe 15 touches total. Instead of neglecting Deuce and trying to force feed it to Reggie.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-10-2007, 06:24 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Mario Williams has the same number of TD as Reggie Bush and Vince Young combined. LOL.

But he's a massive bust and the world's biggest mistake, so it doesn't count.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-10-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Reggie Bush's 2006 rushing stats

First 8 games of the season:
81 carries, 207 yards, 2.6 avg, 0 TD, 2 fumbles

Last 10 games of the season (last 8 reg season games + 2 playoff games):
90 carries, 429 yards, 4.8 avg, 7 TD, 0 fumbles

If you guys want to ignore the fact that Reggie improved as a runner over the course of last season, so be it. But one awful game, when THE ENTIRE OFFENSE played an awful game as well, does not mean that he's finished making progress. The verdict isn't out yet and things are still looking up for Reggie. Anybody willing to call him a bust at this point is ignorant.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is calling him a "bust"? Maybe if you expected the next great, transcendent RB from him then yeah, but no one is saying he is a bad player.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Who is calling him a "bust"? Maybe if you expected the next great, transcendent RB from him then yeah, but no one is saying he is a bad player.
It's sure being insinuated...
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Payton's offense is what got Reggie the ball in positions to make plays, and that's a good coach, not a good player.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I would agree that Bush makes an impact due to Payton's use of him. That being said I would hope every other coach would do the same things with him. It doesn't take a genius to realize that splitting Bush out wide and using him on passes and end around plays is a good idea.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
Reggie Bush's 2006 rushing stats

First 8 games of the season:
81 carries, 207 yards, 2.6 avg, 0 TD, 2 fumbles

Last 10 games of the season (last 8 reg season games + 2 playoff games):
90 carries, 429 yards, 4.8 avg, 7 TD, 0 fumbles

If you guys want to ignore the fact that Reggie improved as a runner over the course of last season, so be it. But one awful game, when THE ENTIRE OFFENSE played an awful game as well, does not mean that he's finished making progress. The verdict isn't out yet and things are still looking up for Reggie. Anybody willing to call him a bust at this point is ignorant.
Bush last ten game stats are inflated because he went for 126 yards against a terrible Giants D. Take out those numbers and he is back to below 3 yards per carry.

Two awful games now.

The verdict isn't out yet but is hard to predict Bush won't be a bust. He's getting outplayed by Addai, Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson and Lawrence Maroney.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

So basically..because he ran against a bad defense it should be disregarded?

I don't see the logic in that.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No it just proves that manipulating a small sample of games to draw a conclusion is flawed.

DeShaun Foster has torn apart the Giants, Falcons and Rams run defense consistently throughout his career and sucked against pretty much everyone else. Where would you rank Foster as a RB? Low 20s?
Old 09-21-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Foster's ability is around 10...no doubt. His consistency and durability drop him to 15 or so for me. But he's still got special speed, he just can't create for himself. Williams I'm more worried about him developing into top 10 consistently and his ability to break a tackle and take it to the house. I wanted Williams in Atlanta, and I still would love to have a back like him here. I think Carolina is saving his career though, by letting him rest up after all those carries in college, and it's going to pay off in a big way for them unfortunately. But Foster I would say is around 15-16, he's middle of the pack, but on the upper side of it imo. His speed makes him very dangerous.

Bush will NOT be a bust...however...he will never live up to the #2 overall selection that he was given. He's a great football player, but it's like a great utility player in baseball. They'll never be MVP candidate because they aren't great at anything but they're good at everything. They help their teams win a lot of games because they can fill in anywhere and do adequate, but to use one to build your club around...you'd fail because they don't excel in any one area that makes them a constant threat. Bush will never be the best anything...but he'll always be a good weapon to have. But when Payton figures out that's all he is is a gimmic it's going to cost the Saints games, because the guy who needs to pound it for them is Deuce.

Last edited by iloxygenil : 09-21-2007 at 07:55 PM.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Bush will NOT be a bust...however...he will never live up to the #2 overall selection that he was given. He's a great football player, but it's like a great utility player in baseball. They'll never be MVP candidate because they aren't great at anything but they're good at everything. They help their teams win a lot of games because they can fill in anywhere and do adequate, but to use one to build your club around...you'd fail because they don't excel in any one area that makes them a constant threat. Bush will never be the best anything...but he'll always be a good weapon to have. But when Payton figures out that's all he is is a gimmic it's going to cost the Saints games, because the guy who needs to pound it for them is Deuce.

I couldn't agree with you any more than I do. There has always been a small contingent that never thought that Bush would be a great NFL RB, even amidst the hype running up to the '06 draft, in the NFL and now a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I couldn't agree with you any more than I do. There has always been a small contingent that never thought that Bush would be a great NFL RB, even amidst the hype running up to the '06 draft, in the NFL and now a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon.
I've never believed the hype and I never will. Reggie Bush was never a top-5 prospect, despite his all-world talent. The NFL ground game is all about pounding the rock down the field to pick up chunks of yardage. Reggie always tries to break the big one instead of lowering his COG, and he always will as it's his natural style. The Saints are fortunate to have a dominant weapon in Deuce but they get carried away with trying to involve Reggie. Pounding the rock wins football games, not showing off your weapons experimentally. Bush should be their permanent slot receiver and returner, with occasional carries. That's where he's most effective and it enables the Saints to use their best asset more often. Ride the Deuce.

Saints fans try to make it seem like teams fear Bush and constantly have to account for him. A simple zone defense is all it takes to neutralize him quite easily. The CBs or OLB have flat responsibility, where their job is to come up and fill on those quick swings or screens. Sheldon Brown jacking him up is a perfect example of how to react. He's a little more dangerous against man coverage because it is more difficult for an OLB to to make his reads and then
scrape or sprint to meet him before he hits the sideline. Once again, in zone the defenders face the QB so they can react quicker to the pass to Reggie, and NFL defenders usually have no problem stopping him in the open-field despite his arsenal of moves. As a runningback, he's even less of a threat. Defenses simply have to hold the point of attack by standing up the linemen, forcing Reggie to bounce and wait at the hole. The speed of the pro game is much too advanced for Reggie to be a consistent threat anyway, therefore he 's not worth the amount of touches he receives.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

*cough* BUMP *cough*
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It drives me nuts too. Al Michaels called him "the electric one" when he got the ball on a PR, it was insanity. I'm just glad the Saints are mesmerized by Bush and neglect to give McAllister touches. If they do that against the Falcons I will be so glad. It's McAllister that I fear. He actually can make runs of over 20+ yards. You know you have lousy vision when you're as fast as anyone else in the NFL and you cannot break a 20+ yard run as a RB.
i don't know what you're implying, the saints dont give bush any more carries than they do mccallister.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
i don't know what you're implying the saints dont give bush any more carries than they do mccallister.
but they went out of their way to get the ball to bush and seemed to completely forget deuce

no matter now, since deuce is apparently done for the year

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if the early reports are true that Deuce McAllister re-tore his repaired ACL. We're about to see a lot more Reggie Bush than expected for better or worse, he's going to be counted on to carry the load in the rushing game along with occasional carries for Stecker, and Pierre Thomas.

With the way the Offensive line has played this season I don't think any running back would be succesful, Deuce and Bush have been struggling just to make it back to the Line of Scrimmage on most plays.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
but they went out of their way to get the ball to bush and seemed to completely forget deuce

no matter now, since deuce is apparently done for the year
well they weren't going to give deuce 20+ carries and bush zero. Bush is in only every 5 plays or so anyways.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hello, full-time Reggie.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
With the way the Offensive line has played this season I don't think any running back would be succesful, Deuce and Bush have been struggling just to make it back to the Line of Scrimmage on most plays.
Yeah. And then plenty of haters will pile up... woohoo. I can't wait.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote