Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 09-24-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.
Default Positives and Negatives

Positives
Running Game:Lamont Jordan is a beast this year.2nd in the league in rushing.
Oline:Much better than last year.Have only given up nine sacks so far.Not great but have shown improvement.
Ronald Curry:Playing hard.Playing well.
John Madsen: Doing well so far.
The LBs:improved from last year.Kirk is 2nd in the league in Ints.Williams is doing better.
Warren: We traded for you and so far you have 2 sacks a Safety and a FF.
Negatives
Dline:not near enough pressure.Need to do better in the run game.
Secondary:Aso and Huff are doing well.Huff is better in the run game.But Fabs and Stu seem to have regressed from last season.We still dont have a NB.
Seabass: Your still eratic and quite frankly you suck.
WRs: other than Curry you all need to step up.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Porter is non existent right now. Sigh... if we only stayed with Randy... And i always believed in Lamont cuz i live in NJ and i always saw him play as a Jet. It starts in the trenches. Curry solid like always. I agree with your assessment. That is all.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

i really like the miller/madsen combo so far.

gerard warren has been great. worth the draft pick so far imo.

gallery has been solid so far too.

fabian and schweigert. man they need to improve.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

How would Randy help us?what makes you think he would want to play?
Old 09-25-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll continue to say it until we do it and make me look smart, but they should move Huff to CB and play Ward at SS. I'm not just talking about in the Wolverine package, I'm talking all together. Fabs has looked pretty lost this year and for how fast of a timed speed he has, he's getting burned. I think Fabian at this point would make a tremendous Nickel until he's ready to be elevated. Huff has good cover skills and has enough fluidity and versatility to play man with most of the leagues' #2s. I think the secondary would be a lot better if we could get more pressure up front though, teams have been able to sit back and basically pick apart Fabs because they have about 10 seconds to do so, it's hard for even the best to keep coverage for that long.

I can't believe there hasn't been a Griffith mention at all yet either. If you watch the games he's a huge part of the offense. He's been a great run blocker and is getting good outs on screen passes, I'm really impressed thus far.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
I'll continue to say it until we do it and make me look smart, but they should move Huff to CB and play Ward at SS. I'm not just talking about in the Wolverine package, I'm talking all together. Fabs has looked pretty lost this year and for how fast of a timed speed he has, he's getting burned. I think Fabian at this point would make a tremendous Nickel until he's ready to be elevated. Huff has good cover skills and has enough fluidity and versatility to play man with most of the leagues' #2s. I think the secondary would be a lot better if we could get more pressure up front though, teams have been able to sit back and basically pick apart Fabs because they have about 10 seconds to do so, it's hard for even the best to keep coverage for that long.

I can't believe there hasn't been a Griffith mention at all yet either. If you watch the games he's a huge part of the offense. He's been a great run blocker and is getting good outs on screen passes, I'm really impressed thus far.
i always believed michael huff was either a future pro bowl FS or CB but he too is out of position and until the team recognizes this its gonna hurt our secondary. moving fabian to nickel, huff to CB and Ward to SS would greatly improve our defense and help out our improving O.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm....

I think Huff is doing a fine job. He is still young and when he does get beat for a pass at least he is there to make the tackle, and he almost never misses a tackle. It doesn't help our secondary when we have zero pass rush. We really missed Burgess against the Browns and I hope he is back this week. Howard is one of the fastest LB's in the league and while he may not have ideal pass rushing size, he should still be able to penetrate past a FB or TE on a blitz.

The biggest improvement this year is without question the coaching. What a difference in the playcalling this year. Cable has installed an effective OL scheme and Kiffin, for all his inexperience, has made good adjustments at halftime in the first two games.

Nicest Surprise - Madsen/Miller have easily been the most pleasant surprise in the first 3 games. It's amazing what a good TE can do.

Biggest Disappointment - Fabian and our pass rushers. He's really struggling right now, so much that Routt is taking a lot of his playing time. Hopefully he turns it around.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

positive we signed russell too

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote