Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 09-25-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Embarrassing Threads Concerning the Titans...

Seriously guys, this has to stop. "Those Titans sure are horrible..." and "7 reasons why the Titans won't suck this year..." doesn't earn us respect. It causes us to lose it. I'm more confident about the Titans than the next guy, and I guarantee you that no team in the league is comfortable about the game when they're playing us. But, forcing your opinions on people because you're tired of people bashing your team isn't handling things with grace. And bragging and demanding people to "eat their crow with a nice glass of shut the hell up"? Those remarks will single handedly make us lose credibility. Besides, I could make the most articulate, convincing thread possilbe and people will still keep their opinions, which will probably never change since this is the NFL and fans will think what they want even if they're wrong. The only way we earn respect is by handling things maturely and allowing the team to make our arguments for us. Because right now, we just look like blathering homers who want everyone to approve of our team.

Right now, my Titans are 2-1 and are coming off a big victory, and yet, I'm embarrassed as a Titans fan because of the behavior of a few members. I'm angry because some people, who claim to be educated fans, still disapprove of my team and belittle the victory we just had. I want to rub it in their face that we're a better team than they predicted. But, I don't. And neither should you guys. We handle things with humility and class. Then let the team make our arguments for us. Because on a forum like this, where there are fans from all teams, you must act this way to be appreciated by the community. If you cannot embrace this type of behavior, then I suggest you leave and go to a Titans only message board.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It does make us come off as huge homers. I don't even open those threads
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

who is it? i dislike those as well. i think i have an inkling of who it might be.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't matter who does it, and lets hope no one does it again if we have a winning record, beat a good team, or are in the playoff race. And if he does, the poster needs to know that they will not get any support or backing from me, and hopefully no other Titans fan. Pit Bull's on the right track in skipping over these threads. Thats something we should all do. Because as fans, its hard for us to read through those posts and resist the urge to give everyone a piece of our mind. At least, I know its something I have trouble with. But it needs to stop at the source. I don't want to be stereotyped as a whiney Titans fan.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

TitanAddict hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah! Go team! Wait... I think this thread is slightly directed at me... err...

I guess I was the one who made the "7 reasons ..." thread. I didn't make the "eat crow ... shut the hell up" post, though.

I don't know... I think it's kinda fun to talk smack. Some of those dudes need to lighten up and instead of complaining about rants, simply talk some smack back at the poster. To me, it's fun to talk smack with my friends about football. I've got a friend who is a huge Broncos fan, another who is from the Who Dey nation, a couple of Cowboy fans, and a Texan fan. We all love to talk crap about each other's teams and go off on rants about our own team. I think there is a "serious" mood on the NFLDC board which is kind of annoying. You can't say a damn thing without getting crucified and a half dozen people calling for your head. We aren't arguing religion or politics for heaven's sake -- it's the freakin NFL :)

And, Pitbull. It wouldn't hurt for you to back some brothers up, buddy. I guess you are "above" us Titan fans who venture forth into the gauntlet that is the NFL forum, haha :)

I see where you're coming from, TitanHope. I don't spend much time on NFLDC. As you can see, I joined nearly two years ago and have made only a couple hundred posts. I think I might "hang out" here a little more if everyone would lighten up a little bit -- not that you guys necessarily would want me to hang out here more :)

Cheers to all! Even you, Pitbull -- I just had to call you out...

Go Titans, Whoo!
"A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!

Last edited by TitanAddict : 09-26-2007 at 12:07 AM.
TitanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanAddict View Post
And, Pitbull. It wouldn't hurt for you to back some brothers up, buddy. I guess you are "above" us Titan fans who venture forth into the gauntlet that is the NFL forum, haha :)

Wrong. I just don't give a crap.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanAddict, we all appreciate your enthusiasm and passion for our team. But I think its obvious you don't handle the Titans being criticized well. To the point of calling someone a fool because of his remarks about the Titans, though I don't know what happened since I wasn't a part of that and didn't read it. Sometimes, its easiest to brush things off and joke about it rather than "trash talk." Because we're on the internet, you don't know what type of personality you're talking to. One remark can set off someone, and now you have 2+ pages of arguments between the two. Also, many of your points are over zealous. Cockyness and remarks that are thought to be improbable will be the questioned and attacked. Your replies to these posters aren't handled well. And when you make a thread stating something that most people disagree with, and you reply to them with "Haters" and "So?," you look like a jackass.

Your "7 Reasons..." thread wasn't smack talk, and wasn't perceived as that. It looked like complaining. Mainly because "I'VE HAD IT! I am sick and tired of everyone hating on my Titans. This thread is dedicated to all the Titans fans who are SICK AND TIRED of ESPN, CBSsportsline, FOXsports, SI, and NFLDC posters hating on our Titans." headed part of your post. I posted in it, along with most of the Titans fans here. We back you up our other fans, since they are like comrads, and back up our team. But, don't go into something expecting the cavalry will come every time. Pit Bull doesn't do so, but remember he's our Team Leader. He must handle himself well because he's the face of our fanbase on these forums. Don't criticize him because he doesn't argue as much as others...But the funny thing is that everything you said in your ENTIRE post has proven to be correct so far. :)

I appreciate you posting here Addict, and hope you continue to post. But remember, these other posters, besides us, aren't your buddies and most are serious fans who want to make points and use data to back up their opinions, especially in the NFL forum. And a lot of people there are ignorant of other teams, and go by what they hear and read, not what they see. Not much trash talking and jeering, unless its with another familiar poster. If you do it with someone you've never encountered, trouble may start. But if there's an argument you're in about the Titans, I will show up to prove the other dude wrong. Just try not to antagonize the entire forum. ;)

Ewing, though, I feel is a lost cause...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 09-26-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great original post TitanHope. I think you hit the nail right on the head. You don't need to tell people you're good. They'll see it soon enough. I was convinced after the Indy game. I came away from that game in love with the intensity the Titans showed and the power with which they hit. It was an impressive showing. I think you're a playoff team this year.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

You know the funny thing is that TitanAddict is an even bigger doosh in real-life than he is on the internet...

:-)
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

Nice follow-up post, TitanHope. You explained your point well. I never called Thule a "fool." I told him to "get a clue," haha.

I don't mean to embarrass anyone with my gung-ho approach to talking football. I know that there are a lot of "serious" fans who don't like lighthearted smack talk. However, I swear that some of these guys literally have 2x4s stuck up their asses :) I mean, seriously ... Sometimes I feel like Snoopy trying to get into the library, if that makes any sense ...

And, Pitbull, I guess you have your own street cred to maintain. No need to get sucked into a discussion with a jackass like myself. MicktheGreat was right -- I really am a bigger doosh in real life :)

And, TitanHope, I don't think it's very funny at all that I was right in my "7 reasons ..." post. Those were some SERIOUS predictions and I am not at all surprised to see all of them come true ... SERIOUSLY!!! Haha! Just kidding. That was just my impression of some of the dudes with the 2x4s up their aces.
"A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

Old 09-26-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanAddict, in the "7 Reasons..." thread
I try to defend my team's pride by calling Thule a fool (so to speak) when he says the Titans are going to be the worst team in the league next year.
That was where I got the fool part from. But like I said, I have no clue what happened. And as far as that goes, my name's Bennit and I ain't in it. ;)

Couldn't agree with you more about some guys acting like they have a pole shoved up their butts. Though, we shouldn't give them the pleasure of knowing they get under our skin.

In my earlier posts, I didn't mean to speak for Pit Bull. He's said his piece, and I think he's done with it. I will say the street cred thing is wrong. Team Leaders are Leaders, and must act like such. Being above some things isn't a choice, it's a requirement. You shouldn't think less of him for it.

And I agreed with your 7 reasons, and probably was the 2nd loudest Titans voice in that thread. Though, the Top 10 LB's in the league was a bit controversial... ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanAddict View Post
And, Pitbull, I guess you have your own street cred to maintain. No need to get sucked into a discussion with a jackass like myself. MicktheGreat was right -- I really am a bigger doosh in real life :)
What in the blue hell does that mean?

Maybe you dont understand my point of view, so I'll lay it out.

If someone thinks we are the worst football team in the history of the world, I don't care. If someone thinks we are the best football team ever assembled, I don't care. The end.

I'm not gonna waste my energy going back and forth with someone for 5 pages when they are not going to change their mind no matter what is said. I'd rather talk about something more tanglible than "my team is better than yours!" That stuff will sort itself out on the field.

Last edited by Pit Bull #53 : 09-27-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:15 AM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
What in the blue hell does that mean?

Maybe you dont understand my point of view, so I'll lay it out.

If someone thinks we are the worst football team in the history of the world, I don't care. If someone thinks we are the best football team ever assembled, I don't care. The end.

I'm not gonna waste my energy going back and forth with someone for 5 pages when they are not going to change their mind no matter what is said. I'd rather talk about something more tanglible than "my team is better than yours!" That stuff will sort itself out on the field.
I'll clarify. Your lack of participation and quotes about said threads sort of gave me the impression that you were being a little "high and mighty." I wasn't mad at you or anything (I mean, this is just an NFL board), but that was my impression. I guess I was wrong ... Sorry. Here, I'll throw a few smiley faces out there to show you that I am happy ... :) :) :)

I guess you already knew what I am learning -- there is no possibility of changing people's minds. It really is a waste of time. That said, sometimes it is fun to go on rants, whether people agree or disagree, like it or not like it. Atleast, it's fun for me ... sometimes ... I guess people generally feel negatively toward rants, and that's too bad for me.

Last edited by TitanAddict : 09-27-2007 at 02:18 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:40 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

I'm sorry guys I was just so sick of hearing people talk trash about how terrible the Titans were all off-season that I had to say something. I should have put it in Shiver's week three thread, my bad. Plus, I was really hyped up after the win and alcohol may have been involved.

Last edited by Ewing : 09-27-2007 at 04:47 AM.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

It's all good Ewing. I appreciate the apology. And try to take it easy on the drinky-drinky. ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
It's all good Ewing. I appreciate the apology. And try to take it easy on the drinky-drinky. ;)
First MNF game since 2004; I had to do something special.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Tis true. But, I am but 18, so no drinky-drinky. I'll stick with my good ole Mtn Dew.

But not that Game Fuel crap... Junk tastes like medicine. Yet, I drank a ton of it at a Halo 3 party on Tuesday. Oddly enough, I never peed once.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

in all honesty, if u ask anyone for a play that sums up the titans it is

keenen pump fake past the LOS LT bites

LT ruined us in more ways than one

It doesnt bother me, my team is 2-1

and remember if a charger fan says ANYTHING just chant 1 - 3

and if a chicago fan says anything 1 - 3

if a giants fan says anything...they are a giants fan...
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote